Robert Plant & the Sensational Space Shifters - 2015 gigs/tour dates

Patrycja

^ I hope you have a wonderful time, MD :)

Although the YouTube user who posted some videos I included above from the first Brasil show has taken them down, here is a video of the complete show :thumbsup: Enjoy!

Thank you so much, Patrycja! I plan to! I could watch Robert sing the phone book and be satisfied! LOL. I appreciate the vids! Very kind of you but I like to be surprised when I see him. Guess I'm one those old school types. LOL. Thanks again for the very kind gesture though. :) I hope you get to catch a show as well!

Thank you so much, Patrycja! I plan to! I could watch Robert sing the phone book and be satisfied! LOL. I appreciate the vids! Very kind of you but I like to be surprised when I see him. Guess I'm one those old school types. LOL. Thanks again for the very kind gesture though. :) I hope you get to catch a show as well!

Hi, MD, you're welcome :) I get what you mean about the videos and choosing to watch or not. For those who haven't had the experience, a surprise, I agree, is best. Everything hitting you for the first time - there's nothing like it!

I've seen them in concert before so I know I'm in for an amazing show, and in these videos I like to get a feel for the different audiences and how they respond, the spaces RP/SSS play in, and how the set list changes. Hopefully those who feel the same way or who do not have a chance to see them live will get some joy out of viewing the videos, too. Whatever people's reasons are, it's nice at least to have the option to watch, and so it pleases me to tend to it.

p.s. Yes, of course, I've got my ticket!

Hi, MD, you're welcome :) I get what you mean about the videos and choosing to watch or not. For those who haven't had the experience, a surprise, I agree, is best. Everything hitting you for the first time - there's nothing like it!

I've seen them in concert before so I know I'm in for an amazing show, and in these videos I like to get a feel for the different audiences and how they respond, the spaces RP/SSS play in, and how the set list changes. Hopefully those who feel the same way or who do not have a chance to see them live will get some joy out of viewing the videos, too. Whatever people's reasons are, it's nice at least to have the option to watch, and so it pleases me to tend to it.

p.s. Yes, of course, I've got my ticket!

Glad you got your ticket! :) I've seen Robert in literally every incarnation/tour since 1983 from Principle of Moments to Band of Joy (Yes, even with Alison Krauss). Since Zeppelin, Robert has always surrounded himself with top notch musicians and he himself always "brings it" so I know I'm in for a treat! I just don't like to know what songs he's gonna do (though I know the setlists do change) because I'm always curious to see 1. If I can guess what it's gonna be before they go into it and 2. How he's decided to rearrange it. Now AFTER the 6/17 show, I will watch all the videos for the same reasons as you. LOL Out of curiosity, what show are you going to?

Glad you got your ticket! :) I've seen Robert in literally every incarnation/tour since 1983 from Principle of Moments to Band of Joy (Yes, even with Alison Krauss). Since Zeppelin, Robert has always surrounded himself with top notch musicians and he himself always "brings it" so I know I'm in for a treat! I just don't like to know what songs he's gonna do (though I know the setlists do change) because I'm always curious to see 1. If I can guess what it's gonna be before they go into it and 2. How he's decided to rearrange it. Now AFTER the 6/17 show, I will watch all the videos for the same reasons as you. LOL Out of curiosity, what show are you going to?

I've seen a few myself, but not going back quite as far as you. I regrettably missed the Band of Joy concert because it was my grandmother's funeral that day. Heavy hearted day; while I wish I could have seen it (another time), all of me was elsewhere; that's how it goes. I guess every now and again the wheel of fortune turns. But on balance, I've been blessed with many fortuitous coincidences.

I loved the concert with Robert and Alison Krauss - you're right, the musicians are always excellent.

The journey that has brought about the most recent collaboration with the SSS is I think my favourite - most open and adaptable and integrative musically; they can do just about anything because there's so much musical influence and freedom to try anything, yet they still sound like themselves.

TO answer your question, I'm going to the Toronto show on June 7th!

I've seen a few myself, but not going back quite as far as you. I regrettably missed the Band of Joy concert because it was my grandmother's funeral that day. Heavy hearted day; while I wish I could have seen it (another time), all of me was elsewhere; that's how it goes. I guess every now and again the wheel of fortune turns. But on balance, I've been blessed with many fortuitous coincidences.

I loved the concert with Robert and Alison Krauss - you're right, the musicians are always excellent.

The journey that has brought about the most recent collaboration with the SSS is I think my favourite - most open and adaptable and integrative musically; they can do just about anything because there's so much musical influence and freedom to try anything, yet they still sound like themselves.

TO answer your question, I'm going to the Toronto show on June 7th!

First, my condolences to you. I know the feeling. I lost my Grandmother and Mother within 6 months of each other. Mom was only 64. Sorry you missed Band of Joy and more sorry for the reason you did. My faves so far have been the Fate of Nations and Might Re-Arranger tours. I saw RP and AK in Atlantic City and when the show started, I guess a lot of the "comped" guests must not have shown up so the usher was offering for us to move down. Well I was moved to the front row!

So it looks like you'll be seeing him before me on 6/7 so I will stay off this thread for 10 days after, then after 6/17 all bets are off! Hahahahaha

Nice post I too loved th AK and Band of Joy shows but the SSS may have been my favorite loved all 3 u r in for a treat in Toronto! Best 3 shows I ever saw!

Hi - thank you. I'm really looking forward to it, and feel lucky that they are returning so soon after their last show in September (which was brilliant!). I hope they're in your neck of the woods this spring, if not, then soon after :)

First, my condolences to you. I know the feeling. I lost my Grandmother and Mother within 6 months of each other. Mom was only 64. Sorry you missed Band of Joy and more sorry for the reason you did. My faves so far have been the Fate of Nations and Might Re-Arranger tours. I saw RP and AK in Atlantic City and when the show started, I guess a lot of the "comped" guests must not have shown up so the usher was offering for us to move down. Well I was moved to the front row!

So it looks like you'll be seeing him before me on 6/7 so I will stay off this thread for 10 days after, then after 6/17 all bets are off! Hahahahaha

Thank you, MD, I appreciate it. Sorry about your losses as well, particularly so close together, shocking... About your AC experience, that's such a lucky break! May your streak continue for the 6/17 show. Be sure to post some pics :)

Here are some videos from the March 26, 2015 show at Chevrolet Hall, Belo Horizonte, Brasil

Going to California

What Is and What Should Never Be

Whole Lotta Love medley

SETLIST:

Baby I'm Gonna Leave You
Rainbow
Black Dog
Turn It Up
Embrace Another Fall
Going to California
Spoonful
Little Maggie
The Lemon Song
Fixin' to Die
I Just Want to Make Love to You/Whole Lotta Love/Who Do You Love
Nobody's Fault but Mine
Rock and Roll

This is apparently the setlist. Hopefully more videos surface from this show :)

Will Black Dog ever leave Robert's set list....ever??

lol it doesn't bother me like it does you, but if they dropped it from the setlist, I don't think I'd miss it.

Last night, they played:

Robert Plant - Live at Autodromo de Interlagos, Sao Paulo, Brasil, Lollapalooza 2015

Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You

Rainbow

Black Dog / Arbaden (Maggie's Baby)

Turn It Up

Going to California/When the Levee Breaks (with band introductions)

Spoonful

The Lemon Song

Little Maggie

Fixin' to Die

Whole Lotta Love

Encore

Rock and Roll - lol nirvana, there it is again...

"Going to California" includes a little snippet of "When the Levee Breaks," which is brilliant, and if they add it full on, along with some tunes from Robert's solo career, it'll be great. That said, I think the reworked Zep and traditional blues numbers are always a fascinating listen. It's a very creative weaving of their eclectic styles, and who they are as musicians currently. It's a band that has really developed a comfort to grow in different places and ways than before. Another reason I like the reworked tunes is because I like to compare to previous live incarnations (for instance, I watched this BIGLY and then an Istanbul 2007 version just to see what they did with the song). All that, and I love the new album :) Its songs get the crowd into it; "Rainbow" and "Turn It Up" have an engaging energy in a live setting. ("Little Maggie" is an incredible reshaping of the original, and it's got a full resonance live, but I haven't heard the version here yet.)Love it!

This audio only goes to the beginning of "The Lemon Song," but check out the GtC-Spoonful (amazing!)-Lemon Song transition - last show in a while and they brought out some surprises. The lusty crowd looked like they were about to explode and the band was on fire!

^ The audio on this is better than in the videos below, but it looks like the good people of Lollapalooza filmed it so hopefully the full concert on video soon sees the light of day.

BIGLY

WLL

Doesn't seem to have been on setlists of these 2015 shows, though I agree, it's a beautiful song and one of the highlights for me at the Toronto show as well.

Also, not all songs fit the spaces the band performs in. These huge arena type concerts with energetic screaming crowds may not be the most conducive for such an intimate song. Luckily Massey Hall was the right space, size and vibe for it.

^ Completely agree about the smaller venues. You know, it would be so cool if they did release a BluRay! There were plenty of pro cameras at work throughout the South American tour, so hopefully an official video compilation is released :D

An amazing shot of the final show in South America (via RP's Facebook):

10955297_938907452810432_240728576376484

"Thank you South America.. last night in Sao Paulo… What a tour!!"
Photo Credit: Oli Powell
Look at that sea of people, hands waving, joy flowing... Stunning sight...
And in other news as the tour continues in a couple of months:
Single-day BottleRock music fest VIP passes available
Monday, March 30, 2015 at 12:25 by Arts

plant-300x197.jpg

A limited number of single-day VIP passes are now available for the third annual BottleRock Napa Valley music festival, running May 29-31 at the Napa Valley Expo in downtown Napa.

Imagine Dragons, which recently released its newest album, “Smoke + Mirrors,” will kick off the festival on Friday, May 29, followed by Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin on Saturday, May 30, and No Doubt, closing the three-day event on Sunday, May 31.

More than 70 musical acts will appear on four stages during the festival. The lineup includes the Avett Brothers, Foster the People, Passion Pit, Snoop Dogg, Cage The Elephant, Young the Giant, Gipsy Kings, Capital Cities, AWOLNATION, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Portugal. The Man, American Authors, Public Enemy and more.

Pricing for single-day VIP passes start at $240, and are available atBottleRockNapaValley.com and Eventbrite.com

http://arts.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/24608/single-day-bottlerock-music-fest-vip-passes-available/?tc=ar

Have fun, those of you who get to go!

Archived