Jimmy Page Vs Robbie Williams

apantherfrommd

Are there no clowns in California?

Maybe he loves England because it's his home.

No kidding! Malibu sucks, it may be pretty buy you have to be a certain "type" (i.e. Kardashian) to live there otherwise it ain't gonna work. After all, this is the place where the uber-weathy believe their property line should extend into the beach and to the ocean because, heaven forbid, the little people should have access to "their" beach.

This is one of the many things I do like about Cali, at least the state owns ALL the beach (except where the military bases are) and the public has free access.

I would take a home in England any day to one in Cali, I think England is both beautiful & historical and the Tower House is a true gem. However, for what it's worth I would prefer either one of the houses In Pangbourne on the Themes, or the countryside like Robert's (if he still has it that is).

Good for Jimmy, people like Williams have no class. I see no problem with what Williams wants, just where he wishes to do it. Just a total dick move IMO.

• 1 month later...

Robbie Williams submits scaled back plans for his £17.5m mansion after losing fight with Led Zeppelin star and neighbour Jimmy Page over application to build super basement

Robbie Williams submits scaled back plans for his £17.5m mansion after losing fight with Led Zeppelin star and neighbour Jimmy Page over application to build super basement

Fuck this guy, people like this are the same fools who have no problem demolishing 100 year old baseball parks to make room for ugly mega-stadiums. No respect for history, no respect for true craftsmanship.

Edited by IpMan

Fuck this guy, people like this are the same fools who have no problem demolishing 100 year old baseball parks to make room for ugly mega-stadiums. No respect for history, no respect for true craftsmanship.

Amen to this post! Ugh...., it looks like this story isn't over yet. Robbie indeed seems to do what he wants, without regard for history and architecture.......

Kudos to Jimmy for taking his responsibility and doing what he can to preserve a beautiful building like The Towerhouse.

• 2 months later...

Planning permission granted for Williams' chav folly?

A great shame - but I'm not really surprised.

I'm an archaeologist and have dealt with a lot of planning departments.

Most of them seem to have a presumption in favour of development unless the proposals are for an absolutely irredeemable monstrosity.

Sorry to see this scheme go through.

It seems Robbie has got the upper hand over Jimmy. Planning permission granted.

Smells like a payoff to me, old Robbie probably greased a few palms to lubricate the wheels of progress. Its always about the money. Fucking disaster.

Wot? This is preposterous!

Actually i think jimmy page with a les paul and an orange amp would damage any foundation of a house.

Its interesting reading about rich people problems...haha

Bulkheading and pile driving, does create massive vibrations though, i know

On the one hand I can understand WIlliams point of view. It is private property, if you own it you can do what you please with it. On the other hand this:

So Jimmy Page does have a strong case.

The Tower House is a Grade I listed building.

That means it's nationally significant and is afforded the highest level of protection by the Secretary of State.

Williams' proposals might not affect the Tower House directly, but because of its listed status, he has to consider issues such as any potential visual impacts, how his plans may lead to changes to the setting and significance of the Tower House, etc.

Because Jimmy's house is Grade I listed, Williams actually can't just do as he likes with his own property - his proposals have to consider (and seek to minimise) the possible effect on the Tower House.

If Jimmy wants to force this further and take it to the Secretary of State, the Grade I listing means he can do that.

Whether Jimmy wants to pay the fees for a top barrister and his team to fight his case for a couple of years is another matter!

Edited by Brigante

• 11 months later...

It appears from the article Jimmy's plans are only aimed toward restoration of existing structure, or, what us plebes in normal houses call repairs. Big difference to Robbie Williams massive renovations. The article calling Jimmy "cheeky" for submitting his own plans is just stupid, apples to oranges applications. The writer is a nob.

• 9 months later...

I love the way the caption on "Robbie's mansion" actually shows the Tower House. Clueless paper. There is no evidence from the "story" that Page is upset at the shed either. Could this be the Fat Dancer's way of staying in the papers given he's been in commercial decline for a while now?

He looks too feminine to have a dick but totally looks like a backstabbing douche.   I'm willing to bet it has something to do with Scarlet Page as well.  She took a ton of photo shoots of Robbie.   Something went down.  He was making sexual advances or tried to touch her..etc  

Edited by SymphonyX

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2015 at 3:02 AM, SteveAJones said:

^^^

He must be out of his mind! He's worst than rich American slobs who build McMansion's in quiet three bedroom communities.

"He's worst than rich American slobs who build McMansion's in quiet three bedroom communities."

Really?  Slobs?   You have no idea what you're talking about.