Jimmy Page Vs Robbie Williams

apantherfrommd

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/robbie-williams-believes-he-may-have-asperger’s-syndrome/ar-AAzjIhh?ocid=spartandhp

Are yes he's back in the news again! Not content with ruining the opening ceremony of the World Cup and Jimmy's life, Mr Blobbie is now a fully trained medical professional with his "self diagnosis" of Asperger's or Autism. Unfortunately neither of these is terminal and the world waits to read what he has next. As befits many who, when move to London, suddenly find out that they are gluten intolerant and can only drink "raw water" and specially prepared vegetables , Blobbie opens the pages of a medical journal to find on the first page Aspergers and Autism and reckon he has one or the other. They are many words beginning with A to describe him, Arse, Twat, Talentless etc. I know the last two begin with T but I'm Dystletic (sic)

So what next for the poor deluded individual? Lyme Disease perhaps or Alzheimer's?? We can only wait to find out from Dr Blobbie MD. 

I really do not get why this is even going on. I would think the city council would be compelled by either shire, county, or country law in such matters unless no statue on historical buildings / sites is clear. If Jimmy's house is a Grade I, Heritage at Risk building, it seems common sense that all structures surrounding said structure (plus the structure itself) would be prohibited from certain types of renovation / excavation to prevent damage or change the original historical design and / or architecture. Why even designate something a Grade I building if there are no real regulations to protect it? Does this mean if some wealthy asshole decides to purchase a building next to Shakespeare's house in Stratford-upon-Avon they can do the same thing William's is doing and the only mechanism to potentially stop them would be a legal challenge by the current owner, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust?

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

I really do not get why this is even going on. I would think the city council would be compelled by either shire, county, or country law in such matters unless no statue on historical buildings / sites is clear. If Jimmy's house is a Grade I, Heritage at Risk building, it seems common sense that all structures surrounding said structure (plus the structure itself) would be prohibited from certain types of renovation / excavation to prevent damage or change the original historical design and / or architecture.

Because as I understand it, the old quango (National Heritage) used to to step in and deal with these things. The new one (Historic England), leaves these to local councils, saying they're planning matters. This is according to JP himself in the Mail article linked to above.

Hence why Jimmy is having to take his luck with Kensington & Chelsea council planning dept.

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:29 AM, 76229 said:

Because as I understand it, the old quango (National Heritage) used to to step in and deal with these things. The new one (Historic England), leaves these to local councils, saying they're planning matters. This is according to JP himself in the Mail article linked to above.

Hence why Jimmy is having to take his luck with Kensington & Chelsea council planning dept.

Correct, and local councils are unqualified to resolve these matters. Ultimately, it goes to court...repeatedly if necessary.  

42 minutes ago, 76229 said:

https://www.channel4.com/news/basement-battle-jimmy-page-and-robbie-williams-planning-clash

Moving pictures from inside the house!!

This was on Channel 4 News in the UK last night.

I'm surprised the footage did not show the exterior of the home to the left of Tower House, though there is a glimpse of it at twenty nine seconds. It was completely encased in scaffolding when I was there in June. it seems common sense has finally prevailed to the right (the "Robbie Williams side") of Tower House, which excavations being done by hand.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Paganini said:

What sort of twat buys a house next to Jimmy Page and then does his best to piss him off ?!!!

Page comes across as bit of a petulant nimby, as long as  Tower House does not sustain any major damage through fat boy's alteration work on his own property Jimbo ought to stop whinging. If I owned TH as long as it wasn't a listed building, didn't have any kind of preservation order on it I would gut it and completely change it's interior. That current interior is way to gaudy for my tastes, I'm afraid it'd have to go.

Edited by JTM

24 minutes ago, JTM said:

Page comes across as bit of a petulant nimby, as long as  Tower House does not sustain any major damage through fat boy's alteration work on his own property Jimbo ought to stop whinging. If I owned TH as long as it wasn't a listed building, didn't have any kind of preservation order on it I would gut it and completely change it's interior. That current interior is way to gaudy for my tastes, I'm afraid it'd have to go.

Stop whining you say?

The house we own is well over 100 years old and has a stone foundation.  Over the last 30 years, the town we live in has allowed developers to literally insert 2 whole new neighborhoods of 35 to 40 homes to be built right on top of the old.  Construction started at the furthest corner from my house and over the years it got closer and closer as they put in more homes.  Every day for 15 years straight my house shook all day every day until it started to affect the foundation of my house and forget the noise.  Now there are cracks in my walls and not too mention the sheer madness of being shaken all day long for years on end.  The money needed to shore up the foundation and repair the damage inside was huge forcing us to take another mortgage.  Unless you've lived right in amongst new developments one should not cast stones.

Edited by hummingbird69

44 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Stop whining you say?

The house we own is well over 100 years old and has a stone foundation.  Over the last 30 years, the town we live in has allowed developers to literally insert 2 whole new neighborhoods of 35 to 40 homes to be built right on top of the old.  Construction started at the furthest corner from my house and over the years it got closer and closer as they put in more homes.  Every day for 15 years straight my house shook all day every day until it started to affect the foundation of my house and forget the noise.  Now there are cracks in my walls and not too mention the sheer madness of being shaken all day long for years on end.  The money needed to shore up the foundation and repair the damage inside was huge forcing us to take another mortgage.  Unless you've lived right in amongst new developments one should not cast stones.

I think there is some exaggeration (nimbyism too) in your post, 35/40 houses took fifteen years to build and your house shook everyday for those fifteen years, hmmm. You should be glad you don't live in a earthquake/fire hazzard zone, you could have lost your house completely. Ftr, I know what it's like to have building going on around me I've only ever lived in new builds with construction around me lasting only a couple of years until surrounding builds are complete. [and] a minor point I said "whinging" not "whining", same meaning, different words. As for Jim's residence watching the show around vid there does not seem to be any damage caused from work done on Williams place or from the other neighbouring property. JP did point out a minor crack in his plasterwork but that looked like it had been there ages, show me a house that age that does not have a crack or two, you won't be able to..

12 hours ago, JTM said:

What an absurd and ridiculous post

11 hours ago, JTM said:

As for Jim's residence watching the show around vid there does not seem to be any damage caused from work done on Williams place or from the other neighbouring property. 

The objective is to PREVENT damage, not document irreparable damage after it has occurred. Jimmy's never said his neighbors cannot modernize their homes, he's merely pointed out they need to be very careful about how they do so. It was so damn foolish to bring in excavation equipment to commence digging within a few yards of the foundation for Tower House.  

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The objective is to PREVENT damage, not document irreparable damage after it has occurred. Jimmy's never said his neighbors cannot modernize their homes, he's merely pointed out they need to be very careful about how they do so. It was so damn foolish to bring in excavation equipment to commence digging within a few yards of the foundation for Tower House.  

Exactly, JP has been proactive in protecting the foundation of his home, as anyone should. He’s doing the right thing. 

R😎

On 6/29/2018 at 2:06 PM, chillumpuffer said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/robbie-williams-believes-he-may-have-asperger’s-syndrome/ar-AAzjIhh?ocid=spartandhp

Are yes he's back in the news again! Not content with ruining the opening ceremony of the World Cup and Jimmy's life, Mr Blobbie is now a fully trained medical professional with his "self diagnosis" of Asperger's or Autism. Unfortunately neither of these is terminal and the world waits to read what he has next. As befits many who, when move to London, suddenly find out that they are gluten intolerant and can only drink "raw water" and specially prepared vegetables , Blobbie opens the pages of a medical journal to find on the first page Aspergers and Autism and reckon he has one or the other. They are many words beginning with A to describe him, Arse, Twat, Talentless etc. I know the last two begin with T but I'm Dystletic (sic)

So what next for the poor deluded individual? Lyme Disease perhaps or Alzheimer's?? We can only wait to find out from Dr Blobbie MD. 

Ha ha ..excellent post C -just about sums up fattie Williams and his luvvy lifestyle. I just wish Jimmy would turn him into a toad or something !

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:59 AM, SteveAJones said:

I want to retract my ridiculous comment, I didn't really mean it. I was being unnecessarily facetious, don't know what came over me.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:58 AM, IpMan said:

What an absurd and ridiculous post

Yes it is, I apologise for it. I'd like to take it back, what was I thinking. I ought not to post when  "other things" are stressing me out.