2015 Cricket World Cup

Reggie29

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Great bowling performance from the boys. 154 to win. I fancy us to chase that down. We'll see. Are you up yet Kiwi ??:wakeup:

We're inching closer and closer, CP! :D We sure came back (bowling wise) in the latter half of the NZ innings and now, the lads should just bat carefully, perhaps speed it up sometimes, with a couple of boundaries and sixes (as long as it is not too risky). Even the singles and twos will do just fine, at this point! Just keep that score board ticking! B) 

Perhaps Kiwi went to bed pretty confident that NZ could secure a win! Goodness me! The shock she is going to get, tomorrow morning! :P 

18 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Fantastic performance. The Kiwi's had no answer. Fancy India in the Final and :nuke:

Indeed, CP! The Kiwis were like a different team altogether, especially in those last few overs, where wickets came tumbling down, like a pack of cards! I wonder whether the Windies could actually beat India? :Thinking: Anyway, I really can see the lads lifting that trophy now! :D 

16 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Great bowling performance from the boys. 154 to win. I fancy us to chase that down. We'll see. Are you up yet Kiwi ??:wakeup:

15 hours ago, Emily008 said:

We're inching closer and closer, CP! :D We sure came back (bowling wise) in the latter half of the NZ innings and now, the lads should just bat carefully, perhaps speed it up sometimes, with a couple of boundaries and sixes (as long as it is not too risky). Even the singles and twos will do just fine, at this point! Just keep that score board ticking! B) 

Perhaps Kiwi went to bed pretty confident that NZ could secure a win! Goodness me! The shock she is going to get, tomorrow morning! :P 

Good golly, Miss Molly! All this fuss over a cricket match, that to a T-20 match?! :P Only kidding, CP and Emily! I guess congratulations are in order? :D 

Wow! Where do I even begin? First off, Emily was spot on. I did give in and I just couldn't keep my eyes open and yes, I was very confident that the Kiwis will make it!

I watched the highlights just a few minutes ago. Jeez, the last couple of overs (especially!) in the Kiwi innings were an absolute train wreck! The Kiwis batted like a bunch of idiots, carelessly throwing away their wickets (I guess sloppiness and a tad bit of overconfidence did them in) Or it also could have been the fact that the Kiwis let the entire occasion of a semi-final get the better of them, while England treated the game as any other normal game and carried on as cool as a cucumber! I guess that's why the phrase 'Keep Calm And Carry On', is very apt, in describing you English! B) 

Anyway, I really admired the fighting spirit of the English boys! That team has really got potential! 

Well played, England! I completely underestimated them. Seriously! I really loved watching Mr. Jason Roy bat! Pure entertainment and pure class! 

My money is on England to win the T-20 World Cup! :) They have been very steady and calm in their campaign and they are certainly not chokers! 

On 3/30/2016 at 10:40 PM, Emily008 said:

Indeed, CP! The Kiwis were like a different team altogether, especially in those last few overs, where wickets came tumbling down, like a pack of cards! I wonder whether the Windies could actually beat India? :Thinking: Anyway, I really can see the lads lifting that trophy now! :D 

On 3/30/2016 at 10:19 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Fantastic performance. The Kiwi's had no answer. Fancy India in the Final and :nuke:

It appears that my prediction came true, CP! I did (in a way) predict that the Windies might actually beat India! Imagine that! :lol: 

9 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Good golly, Miss Molly! All this fuss over a cricket match, that to a T-20 match?! :P Only kidding, CP and Emily! I guess congratulations are in order? :D 

Wow! Where do I even begin? First off, Emily was spot on. I did give in and I just couldn't keep my eyes open and yes, I was very confident that the Kiwis will make it!

I watched the highlights just a few minutes ago. Jeez, the last couple of overs (especially!) in the Kiwi innings were an absolute train wreck! The Kiwis batted like a bunch of idiots, carelessly throwing away their wickets (I guess sloppiness and a tad bit of overconfidence did them in) Or it also could have been the fact that the Kiwis let the entire occasion of a semi-final get the better of them, while England treated the game as any other normal game and carried on as cool as a cucumber! I guess that's why the phrase 'Keep Calm And Carry On', is very apt, in describing you English! B) 

Anyway, I really admired the fighting spirit of the English boys! That team has really got potential! 

Well played, England! I completely underestimated them. Seriously! I really loved watching Mr. Jason Roy bat! Pure entertainment and pure class! 

My money is on England to win the T-20 World Cup! :) They have been very steady and calm in their campaign and they are certainly not chokers! 

Very nice to have you on board the English brigade, kiddo! :wave:;) 

On 4/4/2016 at 0:18 PM, chillumpuffer said:

:boohoo: To be fair it  was an excellent final. Poor Stokes this morning. Oh well let's move on

Move on? Ha! That's convenient, isn't it? :P From what I recall, when the Kiwis lost to England, both you and Emily wanted nothing more, than to rib me, across not one, but three threads across the forum! Remember? ;) So, all I can say now is, you guys now know exactly how I felt and it's not very pleasant, is it?! And yes, since it's the weekend, I am indeed being more cheeky than I usually am! :P 

I was buying cigarettes at a gas station here, western nassau county long island ny, and heard folks talkin about this sport, like a south afrika and west indies game,match....and i have never heard such discussion around here, so it was strange....after being here for 47 years.

On 4/9/2016 at 9:28 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Move on? Ha! That's convenient, isn't it? :P From what I recall, when the Kiwis lost to England, both you and Emily wanted nothing more, than to rib me, across not one, but three threads across the forum! Remember? ;) So, all I can say now is, you guys now know exactly how I felt and it's not very pleasant, is it?! And yes, since it's the weekend, I am indeed being more cheeky than I usually am! :P 

Oh I do love it when your angry;)

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Angry? Nope. Not even close! Cheeky? Yes! :P 

Oh I love it when your cheeky :D. Slightly off topic Kiwi, can you let me have your or your Mum's best way of nailing Basmati rice? We have tried steaming,boiling, every way. The net is full of advice but NONE work. I know me being a foodie this is a weird ask but to be honest in all the years of curries, I have never managed to do rice that isn't a blob.

12 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Oh I love it when your cheeky :D. Slightly off topic Kiwi, can you let me have your or your Mum's best way of nailing Basmati rice? We have tried steaming,boiling, every way. The net is full of advice but NONE work. I know me being a foodie this is a weird ask but to be honest in all the years of curries, I have never managed to do rice that isn't a blob.

Hi CP,I hope you don't mind me jumping in on the rice cooking method but I was taught a great way by Aboriginal friends years ago.

Pour rice into hard bottomed saucepan then add water to cover it by about 1/2 an inch above and bring to boil.Then low simmer with lid on stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed (that's why it's called the absorption method or sticky rice).Once cooked turn off heat and stand rice for a few minutes.Optional:stir in a knob of butter.You'll have to hover around the hotplate while cooking as this method needs to be watched until you become expert and even then you really can't leave it.

23 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

No worries, CP! You know I'll do anything to help a fellow foodie! :D I had a rather in depth conversation with my mom yesterday on getting the basmati rice to be nice and fluffy. I don't think you'll want to take tips from me though, as I always seem to be getting the proportions wrong. But after talking to my mom, things do seem a lot clearer now! :) 

Do check the Bon Apetit thread! Cheers! :friends: 

Here's a link to my post: 

On 4/13/2016 at 1:39 AM, Ross62 said:

Hi CP,I hope you don't mind me jumping in on the rice cooking method but I was taught a great way by Aboriginal friends years ago.

Pour rice into hard bottomed saucepan then add water to cover it by about 1/2 an inch above and bring to boil.Then low simmer with lid on stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed (that's why it's called the absorption method or sticky rice).Once cooked turn off heat and stand rice for a few minutes.Optional:stir in a knob of butter.You'll have to hover around the hotplate while cooking as this method needs to be watched until you become expert and even then you really can't leave it.

Thanks Ross - as you can see Kiwi's mum has her own method. Why can I make a very difficult dinner - say like  beef en croute but can't do rice ?

14 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thanks Ross - as you can see Kiwi's mum has her own method. Why can I make a very difficult dinner - say like  beef en croute but can't do rice ?

No problem CP,sometimes we can have what seems like a mental block when attempting things that have eluded us.Or as Einstein supposedly said “Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Try approaching it differently.

:P Like sneaking up on the rice when it's not looking!

Archived