2015 Cricket World Cup

Reggie29

Wow! what an exciting finish!

first I thought we had no hope at all, then Starc..... OMG!!!!

well done to the Kiwis though :)

It was a surprisingly short game on a bowler's pitch.

Australia were 50 runs short of a defendable total and their batting was woeful with NZ only marginally better but they deserved the win.

Man of the match was hard to pick. Starc or McCullum were both worthy winners.

I hope McCullum is ok after that belter he copped on the arm, he is a joy to watch when he bats.

Wait until they play each other again in Oz.

It was a surprisingly short game on a bowler's pitch.

Australia were 50 runs short of a defendable total and their batting was woeful with NZ only marginally better but they deserved the win.

Man of the match was hard to pick. Starc or McCullum were both worthy winners.

I hope McCullum is ok after that belter he copped on the arm, he is a joy to watch when he bats.

Wait until they play each other again in Oz.

Can't wait, Reggie!

I'm surprised more North American baseball fans are not into Cricket during the off season. It has following in Halifax on the weekends during the spring, summer, and fall with matches played in the city.

It would help if I could find the bloody thing on tv, but no channel is carrying it here in the U.S. as far as I can tell. ESPN has zillions of hours for stupid poker tournaments and talking about Lebron but can't set a side a few hours for the Cricket World Cup? World Leader in Sports, my ass. Hell, when ESPN first came on the air in 1981 a majority of the nighttime hours were filled with Australian Rules Football broadcasts.

Congrats to the Kiwis on their victory! Looks like they just squeaked by the Aussies. I am sure they will be itching for the rematch.

It would help if I could find the bloody thing on tv, but no channel is carrying it here in the U.S. as far as I can tell. ESPN has zillions of hours for stupid poker tournaments and talking about Lebron but can't set a side a few hours for the Cricket World Cup? World Leader in Sports, my ass. Hell, when ESPN first came on the air in 1981 a majority of the nighttime hours were filled with Australian Rules Football broadcasts.

Congrats to the Kiwis on their victory! Looks like they just squeaked by the Aussies. I am sure they will be itching for the rematch.

Try these, Strider.

http://cricket.watchcriclive.com/t20-world-cup-2014-live-streaming/25

http://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup

I hope you can watch a bit of it at least. The last couple of overs yesterday had me screaming at the TV!! so exciting!

Australia vs. Afghanistan play on Wednesday.

A bit of trivia.

These are the Nations eligible for Cricket World Cup Qualification.

Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada, Cayman Islands, Denmark, England, Fiji, France,

Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Kenya, Kuwait, Malaysia, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands,

New Zealand, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Papua / New Guinea, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Tanzania, Thailand,

Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States Of America, Vanuatu, West Indies, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Hopefully by the time the next World Cup comes around Jammu / Kashmir will be able to field a team too.

Kashmiri Willow is high quality timber and used in a lot of Cricket bats.

STUPID LAME GAME WORST THAN GOLF.

WHAT IS A WICKET? HOW DO YOU PLAY 1 INNING?

THE OTHER DAY THE DUTCH I BELIEVE WERE PLAYING OF ALL TEAMS FREAKIIN AFGHANISTAN!!!!!!!

AFGHANISTAN? REALLY? THOSE TALIBAN BOMB MAKING, WORLD HATING BASTARDS? SO THEY ARE DOWN 260-0 AND VEGAS HAS THEM AS BIG FAVORITES STILL!!!!!!!

YES THEY CAME BACK AND WON 261-260!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 WHAT KIND OF A LAME SPORT/GAME IS THIS? YOU CAN KEEP IT

AND TO BOOT IT TAKES 8 FREAKIIN HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

THE OTHER DAY THE DUTCH I BELIEVE WERE PLAYING OF ALL TEAMS FREAKIIN AFGHANISTAN!!!!!!!

AFGHANISTAN? REALLY? THOSE TALIBAN BOMB MAKING, WORLD HATING BASTARDS? SO THEY ARE DOWN 260-0 AND VEGAS HAS THEM AS BIG FAVORITES STILL!!!!!!!

YES THEY CAME BACK AND WON 261-260!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 WHAT KIND OF A LAME SPORT/GAME IS THIS? YOU CAN KEEP IT

To each their own and you can keep Baseball too..

It is the biggest participation sport in the world after Football (Soccer).

Simple really, TWO teams play an innings each.

At least Cricketers (with the exception of the Wicketkeeper), can catch a ball travelling at 100MPH bare handed unlike those wussy Baseballers who need a glove!

In what universe would they be favourites!?

Btw, not all Afghanis are Taliban or terrorists.

WOW! I am surprised at you for showing such ignorance!

Don't like generalizations...... but you bloody Americans - if you aren't the top guns at something, you're not interested!

SHAME on you!

:redcard:

WOW! I am surprised at you for showing such ignorance!

Don't like generalizations...... but you bloody Americans - if you aren't the top guns at something, you're not interested!

SHAME on you!

:redcard:

Hahaha...good old Cornelius, this board's "Sports Expert"! I really did miss these sort of rants!!!

That's rich !!

Is it because there is no world series that you feel so alienated?

Not only does it takes 8 hours for the one day game but a Test game can take 5 days. We wouldn't expect you to understand the "in's and out's" of the glorious game, but to call it lame is ridiculous coming from someone who doesn't understand it. Keep your throwing a ball through a hoop, play rugby with body armour on and running around a diamond to get a point !

First of all my good man, is there any need to yell like that? You can convey your feelings towards the game in a calm and civilized fashion, you know? Or has alcohol got the better of you? :rolleyes:

I am English and my husband is Danish. I have been a fan of Cricket since I was a young lass. Though Cricket isn't that popular here in Copenhagen, hubby tries to follow and understand the game as much he possibly can, though it is a wee bit out of his 'cultural comfort zone'. Needless to say, I truly appreciate the effort and his open mindedness to learn about other sporting activities. My father was a wicket keeper cum batsman during his days at University.

I think it is really foolish to perceive the game as 'lame' (as you so eloquently put it). Make no mistake. Cricket is a game which involves A LOT of strategy and hard work! Also, is it really necessary for you Americans, to dominate each and every bloody sporting event in the world?! :rolleyes:

Just because your country is no where as far as Cricket is concerned, doesn't give you the right to deem it as 'stupid'! I don't think you Americans will take it very kindly, if I just took the liberty to venture into your threads on American Football or your beloved Baseball and deem these games to be 'absolute shit', just because I know squat about them! It is time for you to grow up!

And BTW, the Afghanistan Cricket team made it into the world cup against all odds and I truly commend them for that! Terming that entire country as a nation of terrorists and 'bomb lovers' is pretty racist, IMHO!

First of all my good man, is there any need to yell like that? You can convey your feelings towards the game in a calm and civilized fashion, you know? Or has alcohol got the better of you? :rolleyes:

I am English and my husband is Danish. I have been a fan of Cricket since I was a young lass. Though Cricket isn't that popular here in Copenhagen, hubby tries to follow and understand the game as much he possibly can, though it is a wee bit out of his 'cultural comfort zone'. Needless to say, I truly appreciate the effort and his open mindedness to learn about other sporting activities. My father was a wicket keeper cum batsman during his days at University.

I think it is really foolish to perceive the game as 'lame' (as you so eloquently put it). Make no mistake. Cricket is a game which involves A LOT of strategy and hard work! Also, is it really necessary for you Americans, to dominate each and every bloody sporting event in the world?! :rolleyes:

Just because your country is no where as far as Cricket is concerned, doesn't give you the right to deem it as 'stupid'! I don't think you Americans will take it very kindly, if I just took the liberty to venture into your threads on American Football or your beloved Baseball and deem these games to be 'absolute shit', just because I know squat about them! It is time for you to grow up!

And BTW, the Afghanistan Cricket team made it into the world cup against all odds and I truly commend them for that! Terming that entire country as a nation of terrorists and 'bomb lovers' is pretty racist, IMHO!

Superbly put Emily but I'm afraid with this narrow mindedness you're :beat:

^^^Thank you, CP! :) And yes, you are absolutely right! I am flogging a dead horse since prats like these will never change but at the same time, but I do quite enjoy putting prats like these in their place every now and then! ;)

Struth,the usually mild mannered Cricket thread has taken a weird turn! :lol:

STUPID LAME GAME WORST THAN GOLF

Hi Shouty. :wave:

"Worse".So,you're a golf hater too?

YOU CAN KEEP IT

Will do.

Yes,it's good for those of us with an attention span longer than yours.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax,if you dislike the game don't participate in the thread.

Archived