2015 Cricket World Cup

Reggie29

Sorry for being off topic but god damn!! I cannot believe the TV license man's name is "Right Bleeding Bastard"! That is so bloody apt! :hysterical:

CP, you have just got to watch this! :lol:

BTW, how can someone actually eat a TV? :lol:

Thank you so much for the laugh, Julie!!! :yourock::friends:

Haven't you ever watched The Young Ones? and you, a Uni student, tsk tsk! You MUST go and watch the entire series straight away!

I think it's a safe bet to say that CP has already watched it....

We have the whole series on DVD, seen it all many times, but I still get a laugh out of it :)

Haven't you ever watched The Young Ones? and you, a Uni student, tsk tsk! You MUST go and watch the entire series straight away!

We have the whole series on DVD, seen it all many times, but I still get a laugh out of it :)

Yes I watched it when it first was on - and video taped it. The only issue I had was Neil. I was working at the time Landscaping a valley for the local council. Our work hut was located in the grounds of a school. The amount of cries of "Neil" I got was incessant. I looked very much like the hippy character but loved the show anyway

Yes I watched it when it first was on - and video taped it. The only issue I had was Neil. I was working at the time Landscaping a valley for the local council. Our work hut was located in the grounds of a school. The amount of cries of "Neil" I got was incessant. I looked very much like the hippy character but loved the show anyway

LOL!!!

Glad you liked the series, it's my all-time favourite. I was gutted when Rik recently passed away .

LOL!!!

Glad you liked the series, it's my all-time favourite. I was gutted when Rik recently passed away .

Did you ever watch The Comic Strip Presents? Bad News On Tour, 5 Go mad In Dorset, The Beat Generation or my all time fav ever Fistful Of Travellers Cheques?

Thanks for that clip, Julie! I was lucky enough to discover "The Young Ones" thanks to the thread dedicated to Rik Mayall! :)

I'm sure your husband and kids really love the show too? Lucky that you guys have it on DVD!! It is just so sidesplittingly funny! :D I do wish YT would ease up on those damn copyright laws, so that full episodes can be uploaded and watched and not just sections of it! I also wish channels like Comedy Central and UKTV would step up their game and air this show! :( Anyway, I came across a video sharing website called Daily Motion and they seem to have all episodes from both the seasons!! :D

One of my favourite clips! Love especially the part about Rick's dream, Neil multiplying and the panda bear! :hysterical:

Oh and no wonder Rick was such a fan of Cliff Richard! ;)

Did you ever watch The Comic Strip Presents? Bad News On Tour, 5 Go mad In Dorset, The Beat Generation or my all time fav ever Fistful Of Travellers Cheques?

NO! Well I have seen a few clips of Bad News, loved it!

And Of course there is Bottom, and Hotel Paradiso, we have those on DVD....

edited to add :

Glad you have seen them, Kiwi :)

Try and watch some of the others we have mentioned, too.

Also there is a show that Rik is in that is quite recent, called " Man Down "

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-12-20/man-down-creator-greg-davies-we-never-considered-replacing-the-great-rik-mayall

The IPL T20 (Twenty Over per side) Tournament has started in India.

For those who don't have access to cable, games can be streamed here.

http://www.iplt20livestreaming.com/2015/04/sony-six-set-max-live-telecast-ipl-8-opening-ceremony-program-schedule-date-time.html

Hmmmm...20 overs seems a tad short. Do you like this kind of cricket, Reggie? I don't know about Jules, but I think Kiwi Zep doesn't care for this type of cricket.

I guess for those who have a busy life, a shorter cricket test makes sense. But is it a fair test of a side's quality?

Hmmmm...20 overs seems a tad short. Do you like this kind of cricket, Reggie? I don't know about Jules, but I think Kiwi Zep doesn't care for this type of cricket.

I guess for those who have a busy life, a shorter cricket test makes sense. But is it a fair test of a side's quality?

I don't mind it, yet some "purists" don't like it.

Not as technical as test cricket, basically slap dash, hit and run and can be exciting with some fast fielding and runouts.

The game goes for 3 hours so for those who have a short attention span may prefer the short version.

The sides are usually made up from test and up and coming players and is very lucrative in India plus it's good practice for players in between test matches etc.

I quite like watching it, it's fast and exciting!

My mate Mr Arthur Morris wont watch anything except tests and sheffield shield matches, and he was one of the ones who opposed Kerry Packers World series....

NO! Well I have seen a few clips of Bad News, loved it!

And Of course there is Bottom, and Hotel Paradiso, we have those on DVD....

edited to add :

Glad you have seen them, Kiwi :)

Try and watch some of the others we have mentioned, too.

Also there is a show that Rik is in that is quite recent, called " Man Down "

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-12-20/man-down-creator-greg-davies-we-never-considered-replacing-the-great-rik-mayall

Thanks for the recommendations, Julie! :) I noticed that there are a couple of clips of the scenes Rik did for "Man Down" on YT and I'm definitely looking forward to watching those! Also, apart from "The Young Ones", I like "Bottom" and Rik's various wild avatars on "Black Adder" :D

My mate Mr Arthur Morris wont watch anything except tests and sheffield shield matches, and he was one of the ones who opposed Kerry Packers World series....

Honestly, with each passing day, I am getting to like Mr. Morris even more! :)

Richie Benaud regarded him very highly by classifying him as a batting great. I found this video on YT the other day with some great vintage footage of Arthur! The clip itself isn't of very good quality but it was at the same time, a pleasure to watch! :)

Thanks for the recommendations, Julie! :) I noticed that there are a couple of clips of the scenes Rik did for "Man Down" on YT and I'm definitely looking forward to watching those! Also, apart from "The Young Ones", I like "Bottom" and Rik's various wild avatars on "Black Adder" :D

Honestly, with each passing day, I am getting to like Mr. Morris even more! :)

Richie Benaud regarded him very highly by classifying him as a batting great. I found this video on YT the other day with some great vintage footage of Arthur! The clip itself isn't of very good quality but it was at the same time, a pleasure to watch! :)

thanks so much for posting! :)

I had another wave of Australian tourists flooding the shop this past weekend and, along with offering congratulations on Australia's World Cup Championship, I heard many remembrances of Richie Benaud. One guy from Sydney, who was also conversant with baseball, put it in a perspective that an American could understand by saying Richie was the cricket equivalent to baseball's Vin Scully.

• 11 months later...
On 1/17/2015 at 2:02 AM, slave to zep said:

LOL, time to give them another lesson ....... I predict another win for Australia today :)

On 1/16/2015 at 8:37 AM, Ross62 said:

To the Indian cricket team:

Thanks for the practise,come again!

post-1183-0-25784500-1421377606.jpg

BUMP!

I know that this thread is old and I also know that there is no 'official' T-20 world cup thread on the forums and honestly, I really don't mind / care as Test Cricket happens to be my favourite form of the game.

But with that being said................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It looks like silly old Apu over here, certainly gave the mighty little Kangaroos, a lovely little lesson this time around, did he not? :P 

Thanks Aussies! Do come again! :wave: 

In all fairness, I think even Australia deserves a good little ribbing, at least once in a while! :shifty: All in good fun, of course! ;) 

Anyway, all jokes apart, as long as NZ is in the final, nothing else matters, as far as I am concerned. But, I do support / follow India sometimes, as it all boils down to ethnicity! ;) 

6 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

BUMP!

I know that this thread is old and I also know that there is no 'official' T-20 world cup thread on the forums and honestly, I really don't mind / care as Test Cricket happens to be my favourite form of the game.

But with that being said................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It looks like silly old Apu over here, certainly gave the mighty little Kangaroos, a lovely little lesson this time around, did he not? :P 

Thanks Aussies! Do come again! :wave: 

In all fairness, I think even Australia deserves a good little ribbing, at least once in a while! :shifty: All in good fun, of course! ;) 

Anyway, all jokes apart, as long as NZ is in the final, nothing else matters, as far as I am concerned. But, I do support / follow India sometimes, as it all boils down to ethnicity! ;) 

Yes Kiwi,we got done and if I can give it out I should be prepared to take it too. :)

ENG Vs NZ on 31-3 :wave: 

6 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Yes Kiwi,we got done and if I can give it out I should be prepared to take it too. :)

ENG Vs NZ on 31-3 :wave: 

Thanks for being a good sport! :) 

It looks like it's going to be an India vs. New Zealand final B) 

NZ will triumph. Totally deserving, IMHO. 

15 hours ago, Emily008 said:

Now, now, Kiwi! Don't count us poms out of the race just yet, girlie! I am positive Mr. Chillumpuffer will agree with me! ;) 

Sure do Em. Really looking forward to today. The women against the Aussies in the morning followed by the Black Caps at 2.30pm BST. Kiwi is being supportive as one would expect. I mean her beloved Indian roots didn't do  much for the hosts? 

I predict a tight game but I think we just have the edge. Will you be tuning in?

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sure do Em. Really looking forward to today. The women against the Aussies in the morning followed by the Black Caps at 2.30pm BST. Kiwi is being supportive as one would expect. I mean her beloved Indian roots didn't do  much for the hosts? 

I predict a tight game but I think we just have the edge. Will you be tuning in?

So am I, CP! :wave: It is going to be pretty even-steven, if you ask me. Hope the lads don't disappoint! I am just waiting with bated breath! :D 

If I know Kiwi, she really wants a win for NZ! ;) 

1 hour ago, Emily008 said:

So am I, CP! :wave: It is going to be pretty even-steven, if you ask me. Hope the lads don't disappoint! I am just waiting with bated breath! :D 

If I know Kiwi, she really wants a win for NZ! ;) 

Ladies are struggling - poor fielding but good Aussie batting. 

As far as the men- all about the toss. I would bat first and make the opposition chase. Should be excellent. I hope like the South Africa game. Must wake Kiwi up or it could be tears AFTER bedtime?:D

Archived