I need a Led Zeppelin support group

:hysterical: We are the champions...

Have your wife PM me and I will attempt to explain the reasons for needing a big screen HD TV. Just never ask her what I said. :D

Im on it! Any help I can get for the cause.... She more of a Who freak. On their fansite she is the biggest contributor to the Roger is Hot thread. Kind of scares me ....

Zepsteve - back in the day, I had quite the armament. :blink: even had names for some of them (Big Freida, The Devastator,...). Not that I am condoning any of that. Cough. Crack is wack kids!

We ARE the Champions! woot! Remember, for Champions - second best is first looser!

Hey Dude.....don't feel like you're by yourself!!!!.....I was just like you.....Bought everything.....went to see them in Mobile, Al May 13, 1973.....got the ticket to the Superdome that was cancelled in 77......they've always been on top to me. But then as life, marriage, kids and all that went on I guess I cooled off for a few years.....BUT NOW!!!! I'm 52 fucking years old!!!.....I've heard it reffered to as "afterburn"........I turned into a fanatic.....I can send you photos of a room in my home dedicated to them......my wife thinks I'm a little "off".......but still supports me. I just about have to watch right now "Achilles Last Stand"/Knebworth 79 on the DVD every night....or my day aint complete!!!! It's friggin ridiculous.....but I love them...or listening to Jimmy Page play......I just made the trip to the 02 Arena in London....it was a quest that I had to do.....if you know what I mean......and God it was awsome!!!!....I'd go again right now. Keep that kdney.....and lets keep rockin.....who gives a shit about the rest of them!!!!

A friend,

Jimmy

In the days of my youth, I was all about Led Zeppelin.

Zep this. Zep that. Sang in the car. Air guitared myself into a froth. Boned girls to it, etc.

But then I suppose I reached that age where I tried to move on to other things as best I could.

Sure, this site sucked me back in a little bit, and I was skeptical of this whole O2 thing.

But now I can't stop thinking about it, just like I'm back in fucking high school or something, and I'm forty fucking four years old, dammit!

I am helpless and powerless to stop thinking about it. I'm thinking about selling a kidney on Ebay just on the off chance I need to spend a whole lotta money to get to some Zep gig that might not ever occur.

My wife doesn't understand me. She left me for a Foo Fighters fan.

I've bottomed out.

I need Led Zeppelin Anonymous, and might just file a lawsuit against the band and this forum for not administering Led Zep information in a responsible, moderate fashion.

There, I've said it.

Please help.

:(

Im on it! Any help I can get for the cause.... She more of a Who freak. On their fansite she is the biggest contributor to the Roger is Hot thread. Kind of scares me ....

We may be married and older by we're not deaf and blind... :D

Are there Who DVDs around? Play them on the inadequate tv, and at the right moment, mention how amazing Roger would look belting it out on the big screen! You will be the recipient of such good will...

My brave Zep-lovin' brother, there is good news. Your cry for help prompted me to ping the Dalai Lama on instant messenger. His words of wisdom for you are: "Rejoice in your intense Zeppitude, for it is a good thing."

MORE GOOD NEWS: There is no Led Zeppelin bottom; not even for the Dazed and Confused.

KINDA BAD NEWS: There is a Led Zeppelin top, and you've got a Black Mountain of obsessive-compulsive tasks to complete before you hit it, including dying your eyeballs the color Kashmir and naming the family cat Black Dog. In The Evening, if you're Going to California to win back that Foo-Fightin' wife, just tell her I Can't Quit You Baby to prevent a Communication Breakdown.

No matter what, don't give up without a Whole Lotta Love. All you gotta do to Bring It On Home is Boogie With Stu when you see him.

Hello my names Steve, I'm 47 and I'm a Zepaholic.

But the only treatment I need is a ticket (or 10) for the World Tour. Got my P & K ticket already.

Like a lot of you I've been astounded by the way the O2 has turned me back into a wide eyed teenager getting into them for the first time. I felt deathly on the night of 10th December, I think only a family tragedy would have left me feeling worse. But, the next day just having them back left me feeling amazed.

I'm completely convinced that 2008 will bring our salvation. They WILL rise again.

Boy could I relate to this post. My friends and family cannot believe how Zep crazy I am. Still Zep crazy that is, after all these 46 years. So happy for the forum or I would really feel like I was nuts!:))

I can soooo relate! Okay, be honest, how many of you are doing these kinds of things.... downplaying your obsession ("No, really, I only watched TSRTS once today!!)... hiding ebay purchases ("Oh the package from ebay? It's shoes.").... lurking around on every rock channel on the radio waiting for a Zep song ("They're doing the best rock songs from A to Z" but meanwhile, you turn the sound off for all the non-Zep songs!)...

:D

I can soooo relate! Okay, be honest, how many of you are doing these kinds of things.... downplaying your obsession ("No, really, I only watched TSRTS once today!!)... hiding ebay purchases ("Oh the package from ebay? It's shoes.").... lurking around on every rock channel on the radio waiting for a Zep song ("They're doing the best rock songs from A to Z" but meanwhile, you turn the sound off for all the non-Zep songs!)...

I quit bothering with the radio a long time ago........I know what will be playing when I turn on my truck......right now it will be Celebration Day from TSRTS.....I love Jimmy's solo in it. I go both ways from hiding my obsession(only from those you'd waste your time trying to explain anyway) and making an extra effort trying to point out just what makes Led Zeppelin what they are to people that could "possibly" understand.

Oh gawd... :bagoverhead: Last night I nearly crept out of bed while honey slept to go into the living room, put on the earphones, and watch TSRTS again. Can't do it twice in one weekend in front of witnesses because that could be mistaken for compulsion rather than what it actually is, enlightenment...

With me here lately.....I love all of it of course......but I've had this OBSESSION with starting the DVD at Knebworth 79....Rock & Roll....and play the 4 song set thru Achilles Last Stand.........it's better than sex. :-).....well......rates real close to it.

In the days of my youth, I was all about Led Zeppelin.

Zep this. Zep that. Sang in the car. Air guitared myself into a froth. Boned girls to it, etc.

But then I suppose I reached that age where I tried to move on to other things as best I could.

Sure, this site sucked me back in a little bit, and I was skeptical of this whole O2 thing.

But now I can't stop thinking about it, just like I'm back in fucking high school or something, and I'm forty fucking four years old, dammit!

I am helpless and powerless to stop thinking about it. I'm thinking about selling a kidney on Ebay just on the off chance I need to spend a whole lotta money to get to some Zep gig that might not ever occur.

My wife doesn't understand me. She left me for a Foo Fighters fan.

I've bottomed out.

I need Led Zeppelin Anonymous, and might just file a lawsuit against the band and this forum for not administering Led Zep information in a responsible, moderate fashion.

There, I've said it.

Please help.

:(

I hear you.........Same Boa,t This is Zepmania happening here !

Now back to the topic at hand...what is the right prescription to take to maintain a proper level of Zepsanity? Certainly not 8 tracks....CD's first and if they fail...a full dose of MP3 at maxium volume. This may put us all into a critial state of Zep-u-phoria and the only cure would be a live show that demands personal attendance w/ a trained Zep therapist. Roc on Zepsteve & merry-merry!

No 8 tracks.. no mp3's.....I think that what you must do is pull out the turntable... slide the shiny vinyl out of the paper liner, very carefully now, you must only touch the edges... place it on the turntable, hit the button, the needle goes over and drops. (hopefully you don't have to operate with a penny on your stylus) At this point you are sitting cross legged on the floor directly in front of the turntable in between the giant four foot tall speakers... close your eyes.. listen..... holding the album cover in your hands...(maybe you peek for a moment to spin the wheel) keep your eyes closed.... just listen...can you hear it.. the magic...when that side is done, you listen again, this time you look at the cover you're holding in your hands.. you analyze the artwork.. you read all the liner notes, commit them to memory... repeat with side 2, then repeat with next record..

I don't think this will make you any better or take away the addiction, but it will help you get through the day....

No 8 tracks.. no mp3's.....I think that what you must do is pull out the turntable... slide the shiny vinyl out of the paper liner, very carefully now, you must only touch the edges... place it on the turntable, hit the button, the needle goes over and drops. (hopefully you don't have to operate with a penny on your stylus) At this point you are sitting cross legged on the floor directly in front of the turntable in between the giant four foot tall speakers... close your eyes.. listen..... holding the album cover in your hands...(maybe you peek for a moment to spin the wheel) keep your eyes closed.... just listen...can you hear it.. the magic...when that side is done, you listen again, this time you look at the cover you're holding in your hands.. you analyze the artwork.. you read all the liner notes, commit them to memory... repeat with side 2, then repeat with next record..

I don't think this will make you any better or take away the addiction, but it will help you get through the day....

Thanks MCM,

My kids got me an Audio-Technica turntable w/software.....no penny needed (damn funny I remember)...and in a matter of minutes [not hours] I've got a CD that's my orig-vinyl pops and all! I'm totally stoked! And you are most correct, edges only and careful fondling of the album jacket.....yes i feel the salvation! Have mercy! Have a hit....

Thanks MCM,

My kids got me an Audio-Technica turntable w/software.....no penny needed (damn funny I remember)...and in a matter of minutes [not hours] I've got a CD that's my orig-vinyl pops and all! I'm totally stoked! And you are most correct, edges only and careful fondling of the album jacket.....yes i feel the salvation! Have mercy! Have a hit....

I've still got my Sanyo w/Shure cartridge.....but I listen to CD's cause I actually framed my original LP's........am I a nut or what??

100_1606.jpg

i love the clarity of the cd but i miss playing my albums i gotta get anther record player B)

Katrina took my cd collection, the electrolytes in salt water have a way of ruining digitals, but guess what! my vinyl save for the jackets, carefully cleaned off the muck and pulled the ole sansui from the attic and first song "When the Levee Breaks" kinda ironic

Katrina took my cd collection, the electrolytes in salt water have a way of ruining digitals, but guess what! my vinyl save for the jackets, carefully cleaned off the muck and pulled the ole sansui from the attic and first song "When the Levee Breaks" kinda ironic

Have you seen he Katrina video where they use Zep's "When The Levee Breaks"??

Archived