So who ripped-off the mighty Led Zep?

osoz

Nobody they all tried but to this day Jimmy has stated that it amazes him that many other rock star legends have covered his songs and still have not played any zep songs correctly.(and we are talking big names). Although they sound good.. But in the context of your post Zep influenced and inspired many many rock bands that exist today. (To long for me to list them). And its still happening,and you can. Hear overtones ,but its not a flat out " lift the riff" type of thing.!.........." Led Zeppelin ,imitated,but never duplicated" !!! (Hee-hee,Ha-ha !! )

One of the biggest offenders IMO, without "Achilles Last Stand" there would be no:

...and then, of course, giving a whole new meaning to "ripping off Led Zeppelin" :lol:

Oyyyy! That song is extremely dated, though i can still get through it simply because it is Plant and his voice has and always will be fantastic. But bah gawd! What's with the coordinated hand gestures?!??! And that awful "i'm your tall cool one and i'm build to please" guy! Nevermind that cluster**** sound clip ending. Bleh!

Oyyyy! That song is extremely dated, though i can still get through it simply because it is Plant and his voice has and always will be fantastic. But bah gawd! What's with the coordinated hand gestures?!??! And that awful "i'm your tall cool one and i'm build to please" guy! Nevermind that cluster**** sound clip ending. Bleh!

Did you see or do you remember his Coke ad using that song and that line?

Did you see or do you remember his Coke ad using that song and that line?

I believe i saw someone mention that in a comment for the video of Tall Cool One, but i haven't seen the actual commercial. Something tells me it's nightmare inducing. Anything Zeppelin-related combined with a non-Zeppelin mass marketing campaign, does not sit right in my imagination.

As far as I am concerned, almost every band that followed in Led Zeppelin's wake from, say, 1970+ and onward took something from Led Zeppelin and tried to make it their own. A lot of these bands have already been mentioned. Some so blatant and obvious and some not so blatant and obvious from some of the most popular and well respected groups that most of us already know and love.

Here is one to begin with: The James Gang - "the Bomber". A great song to begin with, with Mr. Joe Walsh on guitar.

I call it inspired by..... not ripped off. Forwarding the brand.
It's not ripped off if you take basic elements and re-combine to create a unique whole.

Friends

All is Fair - the solo at 2:24 is inspired by page's solo on Fool in the Rain

The ending of this is MASSIVE Zep!

I believe i saw someone mention that in a comment for the video of Tall Cool One, but i haven't seen the actual commercial. Something tells me it's nightmare inducing. Anything Zeppelin-related combined with a non-Zeppelin mass marketing campaign, does not sit right in my imagination.

Here you go! It is pretty ridiculous and somewhat embarrassing seeing this now and how dated it looks! I'm sure Robert regrets it with the exception of the paycheck involved with it!

This one needs no introduction....

How about the whole bloody album.!

Lenny Wolf,lead singer for Kingdom Come,replied when fronted about ripping off LZ'I just sing Like Robert Plant,that's my style',or words to that effect.That album caused an uproar and dear old Cozy Powell RIP was threatening to deck Lenny Wolfe

Rush'What Your Doing 'from their first album.Well known in Rush circles is when a certain Cleveland radio station played Working Man from the same lp the station it was flooded with calls asking if this was some new Zep.The first lp is a bit of a rip off but then they got that drummer in who read too many books and dreamt up things like By Tors and Snow Dogs they moved in to proggy areas.

When an artist "Ripped-Off' from Led Zeppelin they took a piece of music from Led Zeppelin's hugely popular song catalogue that Zep made popular. When Led Zeppelin took a piece of music , it was from songs that where known by only a few,and not very good either . Led Zeppelin turned these obscure songs into gems with their own arrangements. Nobody ever listened to "Taurus" back in the day and said , "Wow' this is great. That Never Happened.

When Led Zeppelin took a piece of music , it was from songs that where known by only a few,and not very good either .

Robert Johnson, Willie Dixon, Howlin' Wolf and Blind Willie Johnson would like to have a word with you in the afterlife...

Nobody ever listened to "Taurus" back in the day and said , "Wow' this is great. That Never Happened.

Yet there are legions of Randy California/Spirit fans who would disagree, but mainly resent the fact that Zeppelin made more money by recycling Randy's riff in "Stairway To Heaven" than Spirit ever did...

Justfred, you state " it was songs known by only a few" .....well a few what....shitheads!!! Face the facts & call it as it is. If zep doesn't like i . .tuffshit" ,"to bad". I this type of thing been going on in music for generations ,, zep weren't even born yet so don't bullshit .me!!!!!!

Archived