Guess the instrument

saryu

This is me playing the riff to Nobody's Fault but Mine (with many mistakes :tears: - it was a few years ago).

Nobody's Fault But Mine

See if you can guess what instrument it is. The answer will surprise you!

Difficult to tell because of the distortion.

It's obviously a fretted stringed instrument, and from the sound of it there are two strings tuned at octaves per course (unless there's some sort of octave doubling effect - again I can't tell. The recording is not good!).

Could be something in the bouzouki family I suppose.

I listened to this earlier but think I have it now, It's definitely a stringed instrument - so assuming it isn't some antique/obscure guitar I'm thinking something like a tenor ukulele?

I listened to this earlier but think I have it now, It's definitely a stringed instrument - so assuming it isn't some antique/obscure guitar I'm thinking something like a tenor ukulele?

Well done!

It's a tenor 8-string ukulele, run through a multi-effects pedal and guitar amplifier.

Woz70 was right about the double courses; the ukulele is tuned eE aA C#C# F#F#

The octaves had me stumped, wondered if the octave was in the effects, I get it now! I could sort of hear the shorter string length, not technical enough to know what to call it but I've heard a few guitar tunes done on the ukulele so know the sound.

This has been a favourite of mine for a while:

Archived