1975 Soundboard list

butlerhunt2

1. It's a shame there's no soundboard for any of the january gigs, I want a good quality version of Wanton Song and WtLB

Especially WTLB, those Chicago and Brussels audience tapes don't serve it justice! Same goes with the Wanton Song.

Especially WTLB, those Chicago and Brussels audience tapes don't serve it justice! Same goes with the Wanton Song.

Januari was obviously a rough month with Jimmys finger and Percys flu but man, Wanton Song and WTLB are without a doubt the highlight of those shows, does anybody here know why they were dropped so quickly?

January was obviously a rough month with Jimmy's finger and Percy's flu but man, Wanton Song and WTLB are without a doubt the highlight of those shows, does anybody here know why they were dropped so quickly?

I remember reading that the band was unsatisfied with how WtLB sounded, and Plant couldn't sing TWS right once his voice really left him. Not sure why they never brought it back though.

Would love to hear the soundboard of When The levee Breaks from either show. Bonham's drums sound super huge! I love how he adds the extra snare strikes to the beat. Jimmy's solo is very weird but I love it. In Brussels plant sounds optimistic about playing some things they haven't tried before but in Chicago he says "Another old one" and he doesn't sound too enthused to play it. So which was it? his voice or Jimmy's finger that caused them to drop it because Bonham sure sounds like he is loving every minute of it.

Would love to hear the soundboard of When The levee Breaks from either show. Bonham's drums sound super huge! I love how he adds the extra snare strikes to the beat. Jimmy's solo is very weird but I love it. In Brussels plant sounds optimistic about playing some things they haven't tried before but in Chicago he says "Another old one" and he doesn't sound too enthused to play it. So which was it? his voice or Jimmy's finger that caused them to drop it because Bonham sure sounds like he is loving every minute of it.

Especially Brussels! He really seems to get into it and devours the song. I thought the live version of WTLB sounded really cool, but not the same vibe as the studio version. Maybe that's why the band didn't think it sounded good?? Different vibe, but a damn good one at that. The Wanton Song I thought sounded fantastic live, it always seemed like a song that would really fall into place live, like the Immigrant Song did. Shame those were dropped in 75 - if only they came back in 77 in replacement of Jimmy's noise solo... :whistling:

I can't believe how good Plant's voice sounds in those two songs from Brussels! What a shame he caught that flu - '75 could've really been incredible. The band sounds like they are on fire! Thanks for posting those - Icondo123.

I can't believe how good Plant's voice sounds in those two songs from Brussels! What a shame he caught that flu - '75 could've really been incredible. The band sounds like they are on fire! Thanks for posting those - Icondo123.

He's even better there than he was in pretty much all of '73 and march of '75, if he hadn't caught that damn thing '75 would have probably been the best tour they ever played, even with his voice it's one of my favorite tours

And damn Percy rips the harmonica up

PS. I could have totally seen IMToD be switched with WtLB, like go between them on different nights, would have been really cool

Is it possible Percy didn't get the flu until they got to Chicago? If so a soundboard of the show in Minnesota on the 18th would be pretty cool!

Dave Lewis seems to think so. From 'The Concert File':

"Plant's bare-chested arrival at Chicago's O'Hare airport ensured that he added to the group's problems by catching influenza."

Archived