Led Zeppelin College Project help

Hey all

I am doing a Led Zeppelin project for my college. It is going to be a montage showing the Band's entire care from start to finish.

I thought i would ask this forum for advice and help.

The montage is going to show Newspaper clippings, concert footage and concert posters, while having the music of Led Zeppelin in the background.

What concerts would be the most important to show in the montage? I'm thinking the montage should be something around the 14 minute mark, this way I get pretty much the entire Band's career properly documented and shown.

PS. I apologise If this is in the wrong place, put I couldn't think of where to put it.

Stairway is NOT Stolen

The first gig, Bath 1970, Madison Square Garden 1973, Earls Court 1975, Oakland 1977 & Knebworth gigs spring to mind as some of the most iconic.

Plenty of other ones to choose from though & rare pictures might be better for something like this.

I find that very hard to believe,really is this some kind of joke or something,a college project,I find this very hard to believe.Iam compelled and urged not to play the fool,so I cannot help you on this, good luck and post that final grade ( you really need to prove me wrong, once again good luck w/ the project

I find that very hard to believe,really is this some kind of joke or something,a college project,I find this very hard to believe.Iam compelled and urged not to play the fool,so I cannot help you on this, good luck and post that final grade ( you really need to prove me wrong, once again good luck w/ the project

This is called the 'FMP', which stands for Final Major Project. For this project, we can pick our own subject as long as it fits into either corporate ID, Motion Graphics, Typography or Architecture. I chose Graphics design.

I don't blame you for thinking this is a Joke.

The majority of your posts seem to contain the phrase 'I find that very hard to believe', often twice, and usually followed by a sea of exclamation marks.

If you've got nothing helpful or useful to say to someone asking something on these forums - and that's what they're here for, so that those with knowledge can share it and those that don't can ask and find out - then why make any comment at all?

I am doing a Led Zeppelin project for my college. It is going to be a montage showing the Band's entire career from start to finish.

Fair enough, but I must ask what is the overall theme of this presentation? For example, it could be:

1. Perfect Impressions: Led Zeppelin In Photos & Print

2. Physical Graffiti: Presenting The Most Iconic Onstage Photographs of Led Zeppelin

3. In The Light: Led Zeppelin's Open Air Concerts

4. Front Page News: Led Zeppelin Magazines

5. The Triumphs & Tragedies of Led Zeppelin

6. etc.

Once you decide upon an overall theme it becomes much easier to determine what will fit within that context. I've got several thousand articles and photos to pull from, but a 14 minute presentation will only allow for about a minute of content per year.

If you figure five seconds per image that is 12 x 14 = 168 images, give or take the introduction and outro time. Come to think

of it, if you did a 30 second intro/30 second outro you'll have a tight 15 minute presentation.

I chose Graphics design.

Oh, well then perhaps the most appropriate theme is obvious: a comprehensive presentation of their album cover graphics. Present the graphics for each album and then present the back story on how it came to be...for example discuss George Hardie and Chris Dreja's involvement with the first album, etc. You could superimpose relevant quotes over background photos with music from each album playing in the background.

My only .02 (two cents) is that 14 minutes seems like your presentation is going to be rather long. Unless its a requirement for the class, I'd try to cut it down to a few minutes at most. Think of commercials - a 14 minute commercial (or presentation) about anything is a lot of time.... Best of luck! I recommend starting at the beginning - the end of the Yardbirds & Zeppelin I.

The first thing i thought was the album covers. Idk to what extent the graphic art would be, computer art can be intense, so im thinking black and white photos of album covers, combined w graphic art might be cool. Video images of the famous split screen shots of song remains the same are iconic. The video graphic art on celebration day were on youtube i believe...the graphic art from that, might be cool w the music from hots on for nowhere or candy store rock for audio, say, along with the visual they had for misty mountain hop. Sorta like when ya listen to music and watch tv, sometimes it looks illustrative or synchs up. Also, it might be good to not use only zep's most popular songs. Photos of nature, landscapes, trees, water etc might be good to use with the music choices. The lake and stream shots in the travellin riverside blues video were really effective. Have fun with the project.

Archived