UFO

Charles J. White

This song to my ears always showed off what was great about UFO. What I love about Mogg is that he never gave up, he kept UFO going putting albums out and doing his thing. It bugs me when a band sort of packs in it and just puts out an album once every 10 years or something. These guys were great and I wish more people would listen to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HhHdcPSZc

Attended several UFO gigs with Jason on drums in Germany in '04-'05....Phil let me sing into his mic during the show in Pirmasens. :blush: That truly was a brilliant incarnation of the band. One of these days I'll get all my gig photos & camcorder footage from that tour out into circulation.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love UFO, Phenomenon and Force It my fave albums. I saw them in 1979 at Hammersmith Odeon, one of the first gigs I ever went to. Phil Mogg has announced that he is going to retire after the 2019 tour.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/phil-mogg-ufo-retirement/

Check out this youngster playing Rock Bottom. This is from 2013, James would have been 14 or 15 when he did this

Edited by R Amblinman
updated

• 2 weeks later...

Saw UFO at Sheffield City Hall in June 1978. During the long solo in Rock Bottom, Mogg left the stage and Michael Schenker went to the front and centre, stood the Flying V upright on the stage, knelt down behind it and played the whole solo like that! I've never known if he always did that or if it was just that his guitar strap had broken and he was forced into it!     

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 2:39 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

Most overheard comment at a ~UFO~ show: "Too bad Schenker's not with them".

While i agree, it was still a fine outing. Phil Mogg was great and damned if Andy Parker didn't nail that shit to the wall, Strangers in the Night style. 

Related image

Anaheim Grove?

• 5 months later...