2015 Grammy Awards...the Yays, the Nays, the Boos.

Strider

Jack White has won Best Rock Performance for "Lazaretto". The late Johnny Winter won for Best Blues Album and St. Vincent won Best Alternative Album. Even Aphex Twin won in the Electronica category.

That's a few positives amongst the dreck that usually makes up the Grammy Awards.

Post your highs and lows from the Grammys here.

Here's the winners list so far...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/grammy-awards-2015-the-complete-winners-list-20150208

2015 Grammys: Tenacious D Win Best Metal Performance Award for Dio ‘Last in Line’ Cover

Well, the Grammys have done it again! This time voters for the “prestigious” awards ceremony have bypassed legit metal bands to award the Best Metal Performance trophy to comedy music act Tenacious D. The duo – Jack Black and Kyle Gass — took home the honor for their cover of Dio‘s ‘The Last in Line’ from the ‘This Is Your Life’ Dio tribute album.

Nothing against Tenacious D or their Dio cover :sarcastic_hand: , but one would think that a Grammy award in a metal category would go to an actual metal band. Tenacious D’s recording beat out nominated works from Slipknot (‘The Negative One’), Mastodon (‘High Road’), Motorhead (‘Heartbreaker’) and Anthrax (cover of Black Sabbath’s ‘Neon Knights’ from the Dio tribute album).

Read More: 2015 Grammys: Tenacious D Win Best Metal Performance Award | http://loudwire.com/2015-grammys-tenacious-d-best-metal-performance-award-dio-last-in-line/?trackback=tsmclip

:thumbdown:

Just got in from dinner and she was on my TV. Fabulous!!

Yeah I was flipping channels and saw a bit of Madge, changed channels (which is why I edited my post) and then changed back half way through "Take Me to Church" (singer was off until Annie came on and rocked it).

Good Morning all:

It was too long..I could not stay awake to hear Beyonce and John Legend... :zzz:

I enjoyed Annie Lennox and AC/DC's performances the most...

Juliet :wave:

PS In a red carpet special before the show Annie said that one of her tunes is in SHADES OF GREY..

PSS I also liked Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett's performance....and Dwight Yoakam....

PSSS Age of the performers did not seem to matter....it was more like a family get together....it reminded me of Sunday eve when my family gathered in the living room to watch The Ed Sullivan show..

PS In a red carpet special before the show Annie said that one of her tunes is in SHADES OF GRAY..

The horror...the horror... :faint1:

I loved that Beck album so I was pleasantly surprised when it won as I thought Beyoncé would win for sure.

Kanye West is tiresome. Somebody needs to put a boot in his ass.

The horror...the horror... :faint1:

I loved that Beck album so I was pleasantly surprised when it won as I thought Beyoncé would win for sure.

Kanye West is tiresome. Somebody needs to put a boot in his ass.

No kidding. What a horses ass. Like Beyonce needs this tool bitching every time the world doesn't kiss her ass enough. Beck is too nice. He should have tore into Kanye Kardashian. What nerve to pull this crap again. First, he goes after a child (at the time) like Taylor Swift. Now a mild, humble genius like Beck. You'd think he would have layed low considering what his wife's stepfather is dealing with. But he can't keep his colossal ego out of the papers.

Beck & Lennox were the highlights for me. Lennox pitch perfect voice dripping and screaming with raw emotion, and Beck ever the gentleman in the most trying of circumstance.

Kanye is a complete piece of trash, just another no-talent hack with little mans syndrome propped up by the other no talents within the music industry. Why anyone has ever listened to much less like his "music," and I use that term loosely in reference to Kanye, is completely beyond me.

The man should be banned from all award shows period. Then again everyone likes to see a train wreck these days so I am sure that is why he is always welcomed back, after all if anyone there was truly upset at his boorish behavior they would have dispatched security to throw him out, yet they never do.

Kanye West + Kim Kardashian, the poster children for almost everything that is wrong with society.

Let's revisit:

http://youtu.be/HZEChv1AaOk

AL - So raw and gutsy and fierce. No bells or whistles - not even a harmonica! - just talent laid bare.

Annie - YAY! Madonna - NAY!

And I say that as one who has always been a Madonna fan going back to "Lucky Star" and "Borderline". But lately, she's been meh...and her Grammy appearance didn't give me much hope that her new album will change things.

Archived