Jimmy Page - Sound Tracks: Box Set

sam_webmaster

Nice setup. I can maybe afford ...the lamp...I have not seen a home stereo like that in years... oh yeah and on a good night the Canadian Club...

Thank-you. It's taken a lifetime to put it together, so, although it's an expensive set-up. It was paid by instalment for the last 40 years, piece by piece. It's a nice oasis in the storm.

The packaging and artwork is admirable - a 'hermetic' version of LZIII. LR material is wonderful - find a long stoplight near you and crank that up to 11 in the middle of rush hour traffic :mad:. Speaking of '11' - the whole Thelemic gematria nonsense is a bit crabbed. 418, 156, 666...please Dr. Jimmy. Maybe...MAYBE in 1970 but 2015 - not so much. And, just in case anyone might be wondering:

צ

Is still not the star! :rtfm:

Right now I'm sitting in the record library, polishing off a bottle of Canadian Club, with the wife. My current chubby is for Black Sabbath "13", but I get what you are talking about re: the JP soundtracks. Next up is both sides of the Clasiic Records' edition of In Through the Out Door. Yum.

image_zpssj0ejay6.jpg

Hey DL, have you ever done a shootout with the Classic Records ITTOD and the Canadian first press? I think the Canadian pressing is just as good.

Finally bought the LP set... after an intense couple of months when I couldn't have enjoyed it anyway. ..

You've all said so much about the music and I need to digest that - but the artwork was an extra delight.

And an astrological point was resolved for me: I've seen Jimmy's birth time recorded at 3am, 4am and 4.17 am from various sources,never knowing which was more accurate. But now the beautifully presented chart in this artwork makes clear that it was 4 am.

Thought I would mention something: Jimmypage.com has been beaten in various threads for crummy shipping practices and for crummy resolution of damaged product. I bought the autographed set and it was perfect. I bought the CD set and it was perfect. I bought a stock LP set and it arrived beaten all to hell, despite the fact that it was actually packaged reasonably well. I filed a claim with Jimmypage.com, and they asked for pictures. Upon viewing the pictures, they wrote back, apologized, and stated that they would send me another box set, with a complimentary Jimmy Page mug as a gift. So, I wanted to say thank-you to Jimmypage.com for their professionalism, and assure everyone here that the store stands behind their product and shipping. The bad press of the past is no longer reflective of today's practices. Kudos to the Jimmy Page store for resolving this so efficiently and professionally.

And an astrological point was resolved for me: I've seen Jimmy's birth time recorded at 3am, 4am and 4.17 am from various sources,never knowing which was more accurate. But now the beautifully presented chart in this artwork makes clear that it was 4 am.

The presentation of his chart is very interesting, it is indeed beautifully presented.

Thought I would mention something: Jimmypage.com has been beaten in various threads for crummy shipping practices and for crummy resolution of damaged product. I bought the autographed set and it was perfect. I bought the CD set and it was perfect. I bought a stock LP set and it arrived beaten all to hell, despite the fact that it was actually packaged reasonably well. I filed a claim with Jimmypage.com, and they asked for pictures. Upon viewing the pictures, they wrote back, apologized, and stated that they would send me another box set, with a complimentary Jimmy Page mug as a gift. So, I wanted to say thank-you to Jimmypage.com for their professionalism, and assure everyone here that the store stands behind their product and shipping. The bad press of the past is no longer reflective of today's practices. Kudos to the Jimmy Page store for resolving this so efficiently and professionally.

That's very cool The Dark Lord!

Still listening, loving even more. Has anyone else still got a chubby for this stuff?

i have been listening to it a lot more lately since I put it on my walkman since I use my walkman a lot, with a good pair of headphones, really enjoying it, especially the five Sonic Textures sound great on headphones! And now I am listening to Deathwish 2 quite a bit again now and also getting into the Deathwish 2: Expansion. Absolutely great stuff!

• 6 months later...

Speaking of Kenneth Anger there is an article in the November 2015 issue of the strange phenomena magazine Fortean Times entitled Did Kenneth Anger put a curse on Led Zeppelin?

Well the timeline is spot on if you believe such things. Anger fell out with Page in mid-75', right after Page came back from the NA tour...I think, which fits perfectly with all the shit which would soon hit the fan.

Well the timeline is spot on if you believe such things. Anger fell out with Page in mid-75', right after Page came back from the NA tour...I think, which fits perfectly with all the shit which would soon hit the fan.

I thought it was mid 76?  Anger went to the press about Page and the LR soundtrack and mentioned Presence (released 3/76) being a downer album,  among his other rants.  Of course Plant's car crash was well before this.

Jimmy cursed HIMSELF with Heroin.  Anger did nothing. 

Yes, I would agree that if there were a curse on Zeppelin, this was it and it was self-induced. Not just Page but Bonham & Cole as well, the whole machine was falling apart by the 77' tour.

That being said I still can't stand Anger, he is a complete asshole and a black hole of a person. I also believe he was way more involved with the Manson Family then he lets on, after all he still has a thing for his boy-toy Bobby Bousolei, and his van was used during the murder of Gary Hinman.

• 2 months later...
Just now, luvlz2 said:

Was hoping to hear some feedback from some of our board members who recently picked up the "Soundtracks" boxset, that is, if you have received it yet...

Yes it's well worth it. Great package. I originally bought it for DW2, but LR gets better with each listen. I live in the States and received it in 4-5 days.. Very reasonable. It came to $36. 

17 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Was hoping to hear some feedback from some of our board members who recently picked up the "Soundtracks" boxset, that is, if you have received it yet...

On 3/12/2015 at 6:30 PM, luvlz2 said:

It blows away the original doesn't it? :thumbsup:

Yes by miles! 5.1 would be awesome. Imagine being surrounded by all the guitar parts Jimmy puts in.

EDIT.

Ok, heard Some more! The sound on these new editions is amazing! all the instruments in Lucifer Rising are so much clearer and the sound is warm without being flat. Even the outtakes sound so much better. The alternate version of LR sounds great too, and is different enough to warrant a comparison as to which is preferred.

Also If you are a person who is worried about fingerprints make sure you wear some gloves because the "satin" finish picks up prints easy.

I must say it again, I am blown away!  Thank You,  Jimmy, for the time you put into this release. It's perfect!!!

It's totally worth it, DW2 is a fabulously produced collection of different styles, rock , theatrical, acoustic. I still can't get "Hypnotizing Ways" out of my head since 1982 when it came out! Listen to "A Shadow In The City", ""Prelude", "Who's To Blame", "City Sirens", or "Carole's Theme" on a nice system and the hair on the back of your bag will stand up. LR is a cool collection of sonic experiments with insane theremin action among other sounds. Too bad "Soundtracks" is not available in 24/96 like the Led Zep remasters. If  you are a Jimmy Page fan, this set is a no-brainer.

Archived