Jimmy Page - Sound Tracks: Box Set

sam_webmaster

Can you expand on this ? I have tried daily and can't get past" out of stock"

Am i missing something? Thanks

I can't speak for the Soundtracks but one of his prints that I want was marked "out of stock" for some time. After awhile, I thought to check eBay. I saw it there. It was out of my price range but not outrageously priced and it was framed.

Within a few days, I noticed the print was no longer "out of stock" on his website.

Funny, the packaging may actually be much better than the music in this case.

Sorry, but unless Soundtracks are your thing or Lucifer Rising is party music to

your ears - this release is nowhere near Jimmy's finest work. Interesting for a

play or two and then on the shelf it goes.

However, this is a first class packaging effort.

Funny, the packaging may actually be much better than the music in this case.

Sorry, but unless Soundtracks are your thing or Lucifer Rising is party music to

your ears - this release is nowhere near Jimmy's finest work. Interesting for a

play or two and then on the shelf it goes.

However, this is a first class packaging effort.

I can only guess that you don't understand what the phrase "Avant Garde" means. Lucifer Rising is the epitome of this phrase. Completely experimental in its construction from start to finish. Jimmy never claimed this to be his finest work so your expectations seem a bit high.

BTW, incidental music is awesome, atleast, to those who have an imagination.

Received the vinyl edition opened it last night. Beautiful,worth it for the packaging alone

Discs heavy flawless vinyl and all inner sleeves polylined. The finish of the book and inners is

that silk matt effect, feels expensive and classy.Full marks Jim!

I just received Deathwish II Expanded ("Soundtracks") from JP.com, and it sounds absolutely amazing, not thin and lacking low end like some of the new PG resissue (i.e. listen to Kashmir, Sick Again, or Ten Years Gone from the new reissue, while crisp on the high end, it's strangely totally devoid of any low-end or punch, not sure what happened there). No such issue here with D2, which is clearly some REALLY fine Page work across the board, I love every track on it, with great outtakes to boot. This is the epitome of a proper sonic remastering job, full balanced low end, punchy with plenty of level, crisp highs...THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! This album is ahead of it's time and contains so many styles. This is super satisfying for the long time Page fan. I wish there was a 24/96 version, as this D2 Expanded deserves it. LR is also cool, but this new D2 expanded is truly amazing. Page is the shit. Buy it!

I just received Deathwish II Expanded ("Soundtracks") from JP.com, and it sounds absolutely amazing, not thin and lacking low end like some of the new PG resissue (i.e. listen to Kashmir, Sick Again, or Ten Years Gone from the new reissue, while crisp on the high end, it's strangely totally devoid of any low-end or punch, not sure what happened there). No such issue here with D2, which is clearly some REALLY fine Page work across the board, I love every track on it, with great outtakes to boot. This is the epitome of a proper sonic remastering job, full balanced low end, punchy with plenty of level, crisp highs...THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! This album is ahead of it's time and contains so many styles. This is super satisfying for the long time Page fan. I wish there was a 24/96 version, as this D2 Expanded deserves it. LR is also cool, but this new D2 expanded is truly amazing. Page is the shit. Buy it!

I Love it too, I am soooo satisfied. What do you think a 5.1 version would sound? I'm thinking it would sound incredible.

Just received my Deluxe Jimmy Page Sound Tracks and was very impressed by the production quality of the box and the book but also very impressed on the care that was taken to ship the piece.

JP%20Packaging.jpgPage%20Box%20Cover.jpgPage%20Signature.jpg

Beautiful. Mine is in my town, but I have to pay the duty before its delivered, and that means I won't get it until next week. Looks great. This is an incredibly rare artifact, and a great investment.

Sam, is there any way of knowing how limited the regular CD set and regular LP set are? I understand that they will only be sold on JP.com, but is this a limited release? It seems that it might be. Any word on this?

Perhaps a bit off topic, but given Page's incredibly atmospheric soundtrack work, particularly LR and a sizeable portion of

DW2, I have always been stumped why he wasn't swamped with soundtrack offers. Also my friend got the whole shebang

signed CD box---now this is the way the Remasters/companions should've went. Again, Page does everything great for these

Semi-obscure releases; But for various known and UNKNOWN !! reasons , gives fans these somewhat tepid "commercial "

releases with the companions . Oh well.

Archived