Jimmy Page - Sound Tracks: Box Set

sam_webmaster

Great. Glad to hear it. How was the shipping packaging? Was it properly packaged in that regard? Any damage? Thanks.

The cd set is shipped in a black bubble mailer. Mine was ripped completely open and placed in an open ended USPS bag that read "We care, we're sorry for the damage to your mail."

The shrink was still on the cds, and everything is in fine shape.

Maybe you could take a rough photo with your phone, then post that, assuming have a mobile/cell that is. It doesn't have to be perfect, just something to see what the painting looks like.

Believe it or not I don't have phone :sos:

The cd set is shipped in a black bubble mailer. Mine was ripped completely open and placed in an open ended USPS bag that read "We care, we're sorry for the damage to your mail."

The shrink was still on the cds, and everything is in fine shape.

Thanks Glyn and others. I'm glad that these things are arriving undamged, but I must say that bubble envelopes are a pretty risky way to ship valuable items. I'd be very disappointed if my autographed box came that way. I'm praying that the autographed boxes are sent out right from the manufacturer in something similar to what the super deluxe editions have been packaged in. For $841 CDN, it better be perfect. ;)

There's a strange painting in the booklet that has no name. Would love to know where its from so I could use it for some cd art.

Could you describe it please ? There are several strange paintings in the booklet.

Could you describe it please ? There are several strange paintings in the booklet.

Its the one with three eyes. I would love to have high quality scans of all the pics in the booklet but searching doesn't bring up much by way of this release. Most results are for the last version.

Its the one with three eyes. I would love to have high quality scans of all the pics in the booklet but searching doesn't bring up much by way of this release. Most results are for the last version.

This one?

post-20091-0-31421000-1426345975_thumb.j

I have heard and listened to the Death Wish soundtrack many times. I love it. I spun the vinyl around until it was worn out.

Me too. Do you have a favorite track so far from the DW2 Expansion disc?

This just keeps getting better and better. As I listen to the Death Wish tracks I can hear a bunch of tiny pieces from Zeppelin songs

Seems Jimmy is willing to lift from Led Zeppelin as well. During Lucifer Rising (early mix) I can hear bits of Friends being lightly strummed in there. In the Death Wish tracks I can hear bits of Dazed, Friends, Rain Song, Hots on For Nowhere, Stairway To heaven and I'm Gonna Crawl. There may be more.

The alternate versions are quite different, So much good music here!. :standup_bass::accordian::guitar_mood::elvis2::drumz::piano::banana:

All the alternates are excellent! combine this with the outtakes on the Death Wish II boot and you've got even more awesomeness!! . The instrumental Who's To Blame is great! Even though I like the song its so much better without the lyrics . This is really bringing me back to my teen years when I wore out the grooves on my Death Wish II album.

Anybody remember vinyl! :watchingyou:

For me it was a pleasure listening to the delicate Jill's Theme in piano, which I knew from his acoustic for some time now. And the "expansion" simply called A minor sketch that dates back many years, maybe by LZIII or so I was told. I loved it to pieces since then: only his guitar strumming and you could almost hear the birds chirping in the countyside.

I think the entire expansion disc is just great. If I have to pick a fav it would be "Main Title" which is just an instrumental version of Who's To Blame. There's so many guitars!

:superman: Now that's some vinyl!! My collection is tiny compared to that. :bagoverhead:

Thanks brother. When the pressures of the work-a-day world get too heavy, which is all too often, this is my little place to retreat with a good stiff drink, and let it all subside. I cannot truly evaluate the therapeutic value that music, and vinyl, have had on my life. I just pray that when I am gone, this all does not end up in a thrift store somewhere.

So, I'm listening to Lucifer Rising and I'm thinking about how people want to ascribe devil worship to Jimmy because of Crowley and all but I don't hear the devil here, sure, it's creepy but its H.P. Lovecraft creepy like the Necronomicon or Call of Cthulhu. Its just over the top sci fi debauchery.

I watched th LR film or tried to on u tube I have now seen a film worse than magical mystery tour. It was even more gobbledygook than Crowley's so called book of the law. I wrote and asked Kenneth anger for that hour of my life back... With. Jimmy's music it might have been tolerable. U r right reminds me of creepy silent movie soundtrack...

I watched th LR film or tried to on u tube I have now seen a film worse than magical mystery tour. It was even more gobbledygook than Crowley's so called book of the law. I wrote and asked Kenneth anger for that hour of my life back... With. Jimmy's music it might have been tolerable. U r right reminds me of creepy silent movie soundtrack...

A very long time ago on a halloween I was watching one of the Dracula movies with Bela lugosi. I had been using some of Jimmy's noise solo from 6-23-77 for scary effect in my halloween display so later on while watching the movie I turned down the sound on my tv and listened to Jimmy during a part when Dracula was coming out of his coffin and then walking around the town. It was twice as creepy with Jimmy as the soundtrack.

Just received my vinyl box set. In answer to some questions here.Well packaged in a

Heavy duty cardboard carton similar to the superdeluxe outer carton.

Have not opened it yet .Saving it for later. Am more than a little excited as i suspect this is going to

be really special as it lacks the hype that has surrounded the other re releases. Jim should go down this road

of limited releases via his website in earnest . Abox of his session stuff from the sixties with notes on the recording.

Iwould buy that in a heartbeat.

Archived