Record Store Day 2015

ZepRex

I'll be participating in London this year (I'll be on holiday there, whoop, bring it on!!)

Are you guys participating too?? If you are where will you be and will there be any specific events?

So far I'm not aware of any "events" like concerts and the like in London, but please, enlighten me if I'm wrong^^

I'll be participating in London this year (I'll be on holiday there, whoop, bring it on!!)

Are you guys participating too?? If you are where will you be and will there be any specific events?

So far I'm not aware of any "events" like concerts and the like in London, but please, enlighten me if I'm wrong^^

ZepRex, I don't mean to sound rude, but why on Earth would you want to go to London for a holiday. The people there are the coldest on the planet.

ZepRex, I don't mean to sound rude, but why on Earth would you want to go to London for a holiday. The people there are the coldest on the planet.

That's weird that you bring this up because my friends just recently went on a trip to England and France and they said the exact same thing practically verbatim.

The cultural stereotype is that it's the French that are rude and aloof...especially towards Americans. But they found the opposite to be true...the French were very helpful and polite while it was the Londoners who were unhelpful and cold.

I have to add, my own experience was very positive in both London and Paris.

Back on topic...every day is Record Store Day, as CJW said.

haha no offense taken :-) well I've never met all that many rude Londoners at all. London is the most beautiful city on this planet and I haven't been there for 3 years and it's time^^ I don't find them cold at all. I've always been welcomed with wide-open arms...

well I meant if you guys were participating in any special events. yes, every day on which I can buy vinyls is record store day, but I think it's nice to be united in this obsession on this one day don't you think?

• 1 month later...

Recordstore day should be great! Also here in The Hague, 2 recordstores taking part, including some interesting in-store performances by

really great artists. (dutch soul-infused rock band Sven Hammond Soul is a good one!).

Looking forward to it!

Maaike

Was going to try and be at my local record store early tomorrow to try to aquire some rsd releases, but my job asked for my presence tomorrow at the last minute today, so I won't be free until the evening tomorrow to try to get some rsd releases...

Here is the list of Record Store Day releases...there's a Robert Plant Live Vinyl...but, really not a lot of essential stuff this year. Way too many releases, too. Like Coachella, they are killing the golden goose with greed.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Robert Plant info:

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7827

Well, it was fucking AWESOME day, My 12 year old son GETS it, he got it on his own which made me proud. This is a bit of what I got from one store here in Halifax. I visited 4 places. I also had to bribe some dude to mail me something from England but I don't care, I'm embracing the music junkie/nut that I am. Not sure how I'm going to explain the long distance charges, but she will have to deal with it...LOL!!!

post-4074-0-69377200-1429393170_thumb.jp

Over in Denton there's 2 record stores in the square. I went to "Recycled", and picked up The Black Angels 2008 masterpiece, Directions to See a Ghost, 180 gram vinyl, triple album.

Love that album, zepscoda. Sweet getting it on vinyl.

They had Phosphene Dream also, but I gave myself a tight budget and didn't want to break it. I think Directions to see a ghost is my favorite.... My eyes just jumped out of my head when I saw it in the bin.

I think the best thing about vinyl's were the covers, but I just can't see going back to playing them. My ear just isn't that sensitive to the analog/digital "difference" and hassling with turning the record over to play the other side, balancing the tone arm, replacing the cartridge, storage, etc. Fuggeddaboudit! I just put 27 Beatles songs on one CD and with my Sony headphones they all sound great. But each to his own I suppose. :)

Went to Velvet Music in The Hague, it was so packed that I didn't even feel like actually going through the records to find something I would like......

I did see singer/songwriter Jonathan Jeremiah perform an accoustic set. He was ok, but not that special.........

However, I do think the concept of Record Store Day is great, trying to get some attention for independent recordstores, as they are disappearing at a very fast rate......

I might go back to Velvet Music some other time, so I can actually go through the records in peace.....

I dropped by to support the one and only independent record shop in Woodstock Ontario Canada (my hometown)...the owner went all out with musicians performing throughout the day...

It sounds like it was very successful...

Juliet :bravo:

Archived