2015 ACADEMY AWARDS PICK 'EM POOL

Strider

I guess no best director for Wes. GPH seems to be doing very well in all these other categories, usually sort of balances out the loss in the one 'big' category.

Screenplay categories next!!!

UNLESS...there's a huge Grand Budapest Hotel upset brewing?

Best Original Screenplay - tough category.

"Birdman" plot really reminds me of the Pacino film "The Humbling" (by the way, the imdb.com description hardly sounds like what the film is really about. That description is what happens in the movie - big difference!)

Some of the best screenplays to read are Woody Allen's - art in and of itself.

Best Original Screenplay - tough category.

"Birdman" plot really reminds me of the Pacino film "The Humbling" (by the way, the imdb.com description hardly sounds like what the film is really about. That description is what happens in the movie - big difference!)

Some of the best screenplays to read are Woody Allen's - art in and of itself.

I can't stand IMDB...all of their plot descriptions blow.

I have two volumes of Woody's collected screenplays. Great reading.

Birdman takes Best Screenplay and Best Director...the odds for Birdman winning Best Picture just skyrocketed.

I never really understand fully how a movie can win one of best director/picture but not the other. It stands to reason that if it was the best directed, then it is the best movie, no?

I liked Birdman a lot so I won't complain about it winning. Finished 12-12 on my ballot. My worst year in ages...which is what I suspected would happen in a hard to predict year. Really, only JK Simmons and Patricia Arquette were the real locks of the night. Most everything else was up for grabs.

Archived