Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Zeppelin2722

Physical Graffiti HD downloads NOT 96/24

I just redeemed my HD download code for the deluxe Physical Graffiti boxset. To my surprise they are serving up the main album in 44.1/24 not 96/24 that was advertised. Anyone else notice this? I see over at hdtracks.com they are offering the album in 96/24.

Cheers

Still have yet to even use any of my HD download cards for I, II, III, IV, HotH, and PG.

Still have yet to even use any of my HD download cards for I, II, III, IV, HotH, and PG.

Brag about it why doncha. :P

Me too!

I just redeemed my HD download code for the deluxe Physical Graffiti boxset. To my surprise they are serving up the main album in 44.1/24 not 96/24 that was advertised. Anyone else notice this? I see over at hdtracks.com they are offering the album in 96/24.

Cheers

just letting people know WMG provided me an updated link after I emailed them regarding this..

just letting people know WMG provided me an updated link after I emailed them regarding this..

What email did you use, or was it the form that they provide?

EDIT: Just tried the link the email and the file-size of the download is bigger, so I'm assuming they've fixed it across the board.

Edited by Melcórë

Brag about it why doncha. :P

Naw, it's more a time issue with me. I just don't have the spare time to spend downloading...and even if I did, where would I download it? On my phone? Because at present I don't have a computer. I doubt my phone has space to hold all the HD files.

What email did you use, or was it the form that they provide?

EDIT: Just tried the link the email and the file-size of the download is bigger, so I'm assuming they've fixed it across the board.

Yes, it's been fixed

What if I'm still seeing "link expired"?

if you email them explaining the situation, I'm sure they will help you...every attempt with LZ I timed out until I ran out of chances, they are willing to assist you and they should be able to verify your previous attempts

if you email them explaining the situation, I'm sure they will help you...every attempt with LZ I timed out until I ran out of chances, they are willing to assist you and they should be able to verify your previous attempts

Indeed. I contacted them yesterday about this, and this morning received a "we're looking into this" response. I guess I'll wait my turn.

Naw, it's more a time issue with me. I just don't have the spare time to spend downloading...and even if I did, where would I download it? On my phone? Because at present I don't have a computer. I doubt my phone has space to hold all the HD files.

Wouldn't really work on your phone, unless it can unzip the files and play the resultant FLAC tracks.

The 24/96 files are my go-to versions of the albums. Currently don't have a record player, and I'm able to listen to them on my phone (which is honestly just an expensive music player for me).

Edited by Melcórë

Maybe a stupid question but how can I tell if my download is 24 96?

Easiest way is to look at the size of the zip file. It should be 2.77 gigabytes

Maybe a stupid question but how can I tell if my download is 24 96?

What Glyn said; plus, most audio players (including the free ones, like foobar2000 or Audacity) actually show you the resolution of the audio.

Edited by Melcórë

Contact customer service at: redemptions@wmgecom.com

Thank you sir. I just emailed them again...First contacted them Tuesday afternoon. Shouldn't take 48 hours to resolve.

Thank you sir. I just emailed them again...First contacted them Tuesday afternoon. Shouldn't take 48 hours to resolve.

I just emailed them, too. Hopefully they'll have a response soon...

Add me to the list too. Just emailed them. Curious on how the correct files are going to sound compared to the 44/24.

Finally got the link to the right download. 48-hours gone instead of 10 years. :)

Just letting everyone know I got my HD download coupon reset. I now have the correct 96/24 download :)

What a difference in sound from the 44k. The 44k sounded tinny with more hiss. The 96/24 is richer and fuller in everyway. When I first did the download and played it, my thoughts were disappointing because it was flat. Only after reading this issue on this forum did I realized what had happened. What great forum!!!