2015 Major League Baseball contest....

paul carruthers

Hello all--with Spring Training a mere few days away, I thought I would get the ball rolling on this year's MLB contest. I also wanted to start this thread early in case anyone has suggestions on how to tweak or not tweak the contest.

This whole contest was Rick's idea--who also won last year--so credit to him for that & the way this thing works is you will predict a winner for each division & get 1 point for each win that team accumulates. Also, you predict who will secure the 2 wild card spots from the National and American league.

At season's end, correct division winners will get 100 points; Wild Cards 75 points. Also--if you wish--you can predict the Cy Young Award Winners, but those points will count in the postseason contest...

Again, any suggestions or questions, feel free to air them out here--I'll make my own predictions later...

:peace:

So nobody has put their picks up yet? Hmmmmm. Strange. I am wondering if Mr King St Louis fan will honor us with his presence? Hey King, why dont you play this game with us? Take on the big boys? All are invited. Paul is the chief. I am the reigning champ. :D Really. This stupid O's fan. Get in on the ACTION.

So nobody has put their picks up yet? Hmmmmm. Strange. I am wondering if Mr King St Louis fan will honor us with his presence? Hey King, why dont you play this game with us? Take on the big boys? All are invited. Paul is the chief. I am the reigning champ. :D Really. This stupid O's fan. Get in on the ACTION.

It will be an absolute travesty if kingzoso does not participate in the festivities this upcoming season.

I don't follow MLB like I used to, but I do have a sprouting strategy in place, and it revolves around what I read on the forum.

Honestly, I'm needing a football thread...

American League:

East - Baltimore

Central - Detroit (Was tempted to pick KC, but the Tigers are the champs til someone knocks them off)

West - Seattle (One of my dark horse picks)

Wild Cards - Royals, Athletics

National League:

East - NY Mets (that's right, I'm going against conventional wisdom & the uncrowned pennant winners in Washington)

Central - Cardinals

West - Dodgers

Wild Cards - Washington, San Diego

Cy Young Award Winners: Matt Harvey (NL), Felix Hernandez (AL)

American League

East: Baltimore (without any reservation)

Central: Kansas City

West: Seattle

Wild Cards: Chicago White Sox and Detroit

National League

East: Washington

Central: Chicago Cubs

West: LA Dodgers

Wild cards: St Louis and NY Mets (huge gamble, and a toss between them and SD)

Cy Young NL Harvey AL Tillman

I will honor this topic with my Presence. (Strangely enough, I am listening to "Achilles Last Stand" at this very moment live from Frankfurt, Germany from the "Over Europe" tour, June 30, 1980). That is why I put "Presence" in bold type.

Just allow Me a few days or such as to evaluate the other Major League teams that I think have a realistic shot at making it to the 2015 Post-Season and possibly winning the World Series.

With that being said, most of You who know Me know that I have, and will always have very high regards for the Saint Louis Cardinals. The same team that has made it to the MLB Post-Season 10 times out of 14 years since Y2K. This should be considered a pretty and impressive feat and fact for even the casual baseball fan (even if you hate the St.L Cardinals). A great team is a Great Team. This is not a slight on anyone on here or any team in particular, just a real and actual historical Baseball feat/fact. Am I wrong in saying this? I really think that if others on this topic had these same statistics regarding their favorite team, they should post them and make others aware of their teams almost yearly consistency given the very hard and grueling 162 game schedule year after year. When was the last time/year that Your favorite Baseball Team won the World Series? This is an open question to anyone who reads this and cares to reply. I will say that I very seriously despise the San Francisco Giants but I do respect them.

I will say that I wish Everyone on here Good Luck and may the Best Team Win... And no need for any bad-name calling before the Baseball season even begins. (Save that for later if that need arises. Most should know who I am referring too. I know that he knows).

Edited to add:

http://youtu.be/3gB0xCTkUMI?list=PL7A15B9EFDA265631

I will honor this topic with my Presence. (Strangely enough, I am listening to "Achilles Last Stand" at this very moment live from Frankfurt, Germany from the "Over Europe" tour, June 30, 1980). That is why I put "Presence" in bold type.

Just allow Me a few days or such as to evaluate the other Major League teams that I think have a realistic shot at making it to the 2015 Post-Season and possibly winning the World Series.

With that being said, most of You who know Me know that I have, and will always have very high regards for the Saint Louis Cardinals. The same team that has made it to the MLB Post-Season 10 times out of 14 years since Y2K. This should be considered a pretty and impressive feat and fact for even the casual baseball fan (even if you hate the St.L Cardinals). A great team is a Great Team. This is not a slight on anyone on here or any team in particular, just a real and actual historical Baseball feat/fact. Am I wrong in saying this? I really think that if others on this topic had these same statistics regarding their favorite team, they should post them and make others aware of their teams almost yearly consistency given the very hard and grueling 162 game schedule year after year. When was the last time/year that Your favorite Baseball Team won the World Series? This is an open question to anyone who reads this and cares to reply. I will say that I very seriously despise the San Francisco Giants but I do respect them.

I will say that I wish Everyone on here Good Luck and may the Best Team Win... And no need for any bad-name calling before the Baseball season even begins. (Save that for later if that need arises. Most should know who I am referring too. I know that he knows).

Edited to add:

http://youtu.be/3gB0xCTkUMI?list=PL7A15B9EFDA265631

This thread is to submit your entry on. The other baseball thread is for saying whatever it is you want to say about your Cardinals. So if you post here again it should only be your entry if you chose to play. If you do not know the rules, you pick the division winners in both leagues and the teams you think will get a wild card. The points are explained by Paul at the start of this thread. So ENTRIES ONLY HERE

This thread is to submit your entry on. The other baseball thread is for saying whatever it is you want to say about your Cardinals. So if you post here again it should only be your entry if you chose to play. If you do not know the rules, you pick the division winners in both leagues and the teams you think will get a wild card. The points are explained by Paul at the start of this thread. So ENTRIES ONLY HERE

I know. Sorry. I still have to take some time to assess my picks.

• 2 weeks later...

American League

East: Baltimore (without any reservation)

Central: Kansas City

West: Seattle

National League

East: Washington

Central: Chicago Cubs

West: LA Dodgers

Wild cards: St Louis and NY Mets (huge gamble, and a toss between them and SD)

Cy Young NL Harvey AL Tillman

I am changing one pick. So I am replacing the Mets with San Diego.

So:

American League

East Baltimore

Central KC

West Seattle

National League

East Washington

Central Chicago Cubs

West LA Dodgers

Wild Cards St Louis and San Diego

See my post above King. If you want to play, post your predictions. Its free and its fun. And it gives us plenty to argue about all summer long. LOL. Ah those Cubs fans are finally going to have some fun again. The late great Mr Carey will be smiling down as someone like Bill Murray may sing the old 7th inning stretch cheer with many other celebs. Lester will be their ace no doubt and Rizzo will be their big slugger. Now they have a smart manager to boot. Cubs win that division in a battle with St Louis. But the Cubbies will prevail.

• 2 weeks later...

AL East: Baltimore

AL Central: Kansas City

AL West: Seattle

Wild Cards: Boston, Angels

NL East: Washington

NL Central: St. Louis

NL West: San Francisco

Wild Cards: Cubs, Dodgers

Cy Youngs:

AL: Hernandez

NL: Lincecum

Love your picks Walter and it must have been tough to actually post this for you? I pretty much agree with all, but i put the Padres in the playoffs and left the Giants out. I just feel the championship hangover may occur as it does often. I feel strongly about the Dodgers winning the West. I hope that the Orioles live up to the predictions.

We need Zingzoso and Bongman to step up to the plate with several others

Archived