Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

^^Thanks Sam, I listened to that when you posted the link a few days ago (discussion of Bombay releases). I ordered the three upcoming releases Friday. Looking forward to hearing them:-)

...Deborah, I will be at HMV...to get all of them at once...that would be simple for me in shopping trip...Can't wait for them, with all of the fans here.... Presence, so special!!

"In the Evening" Rough Mix is availble for purchase in mp3 format on Amazon. The preview is from the intro, and it sounds quite different. Haven't bought it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YGIX4UU/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk8

If anybody buys it, please report back!

Thanks,

hercoflex

On my second listen now, I'll paste Melcore's review that I read elsewhere as it is pretty spot on, hope he doesn't mind.

"the intro features a lot more guitar work from Page, and I'd also say that it's different from the album mix. Vocals are up-front and clear; the little flute section that JPJ would play in the live versions is present in this rough mix.

I feel like these tracks must not have been kept in the best of conditions -- as we heard rumour of at some point in the last few years -- based on the fact that the opening has drop outs and generally sounds rough, while the rest of the track (as far as I can tell) sounds stellar."

One other thing I noticed is a bit of distortion at around the 2 minute mark. Other than that, solid track.

"In the Evening" Rough Mix is availble for purchase in mp3 format on Amazon. The preview is from the intro, and it sounds quite different. Haven't bought it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YGIX4UU/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk8

If anybody buys it, please report back!

Thanks,

hercoflex

JUst bought it, I'm kinda partial to the tune, obviously!

If the rest of ITTOD outtakes are as good as this one, it will really be worth the money.

Vocals are clearer, JPs' guitar solo is very front and center. Plant's vocals are almost hoarse but have some nice urgency to them. The "slamming door effect" in his solo is almost completely buried.

Very good stuff.

If the rest of ITTOD outtakes are as good as this one, it will really be worth the money.

Vocals are clearer, JPs' guitar solo is very front and center. Plant's vocals are almost hoarse but have some nice urgency to them. The "slamming door effect" in his solo is almost completely buried.

Very good stuff.

I just tried to purchase it..it hanged for a long while, and now seems to be no longer available for purchase :(

Very good stuff.

Looks like you might have one of the few copies in the public domain at the moment. Given your username, I'd say it couldn't have gone to a better guy!

Looks like you might have one of the few copies in the public domain at the moment. Given your username, I'd say it couldn't have gone to a better guy!

Wow, Dandu, it's been a long time. Welcome back :) And good for you, in_the_evening, for getting a copy. Thanks for the review.

Can you guys see my posts ok? I got a copy and posted a review too! :wave:

I guess cause yours was on the bottom of the last page and his is on the top of this one, it got a bit more views :P

I got a copy as well, and this totally beats the original IMO. A LOT more going on in the intro like Sath quoted. It's cool to actually hear the little stuff in Robert's vocals that you can't hear in the regular version. The guitar solos are right in your face and sounds tons better. Nowhere near as muddy, sounds like Zeppelin to me!

I guess cause yours was on the bottom of the last page and his is on the top of this one, it got a bit more views :P

I got a copy as well, and this totally beats the original IMO. A LOT more going on in the intro like Sath quoted. It's cool to actually hear the little stuff in Robert's vocals that you can't hear in the regular version. The guitar solos are right in your face and sounds tons better. Nowhere near as muddy, sounds like Zeppelin to me!

Thanks man, but it wasn't you I was referring to! ;)

I'm willing to bet it was taken down because it hasn't been officially released yet ;-D

Definitely the reason. But it's in the wild now...

This rough mix is a great alternative version, for all the reasons noted above. It's fascinating to see (or I guess hear) how all the choices they made in the final mix changed In the Evening into something much murkier and more sinister and impactful. I love the clarity of Plant's voice, Page's guitar, and the introduction on the rough mix - but it definitely lacks the power of the final version. Thrilled to have both now!

Archived