Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Ribs All Carrot Pod Pod Pod is wonderful, the new tracks are amazing on Presense! Coda didn't show up yet, but no hurry as the other two go so far at addressing previous criticism on being too samey.

Bring It on Home is amazing!!!!

It really is! I was expected a rough mix like so many of the others, with just variances in the instrument levels, but this is a totally different, majorly ballsy take! I love it!

It really is! I was expected a rough mix like so many of the others, with just variances in the instrument levels, but this is a totally different, majorly ballsy take! I love it!

On par with the greatness of the original jam for No Quarter which didn't make the cut.

Well, long time since I've been in this area of the forum! Woke up early today to go pick up the last 3 remasters on CD with companion discs. Been enjoying each one all day and am making it to Coda Disc 3 now. Soooo shocked to hear that If It Keeps Raining on Disc 2! What a strange version of Levee! Also weird version of Royal Orleans, is that Bonzo singing? It's funny lol. I am very impressed with all 9 albums + companion discs! Well worth it to refuse to look at any track listings until I'm listening to it. Great job Jimmy Page, wish I could come shake your hand! It was about $140 for the complete collection of 9 albums across 20 discs, well, VERY well worth my money! I have enjoyed these tremendously and plan to enjoy these for the rest of my life. The complete collection looks phenomenal as well as sounds phenomenal! I will say that there were 3 songs that I really wanted to be on these including a different take of Thank You which I got on II, as well as Everybody Makes It Through which I got on PG, as well as the extended take of Baby Come On Home which I did not get. But oh well, I already have it on bootleg. I'm making it to the end of Coda now.. Another version of In The Light?!?! That is one song that they did A LOT of different versions of!! That rough mix of Bring It On Home is incredibly heavy!! Jimmy earned himself an A+++ for this as far as I'm concerned.

After the price of CODA didn't come down on Amazon, I cancelled my order and went to a local dealer - East/West Music in Orlando. The lady told me on Wednesday, when I stopped by, that she had only ordered 1 due to the price being so high. I told her I'd be back on Friday to pick up the copy. When I got there this morning, she said she had to order two more because of demand - but held my copy for me and.....she gave me all of these goodies!

post-3394-0-62637200-1438382685_thumb.jp

She now has a customer for life! ;)

:peace:

I am so happy for all of you who have received yours. I got and email stating mine would be here between Aug 3-6. The albums are already on you tube!, but I am not going to listen to them. I want to hear these on a great sound system with headphones. :stereo: Just a few more days and I am sure they will drag by...

Edit: Walter, great story! and Hi Dd:-)

Cons: Fool In The Rain, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl all sound very muddy. Disappointed

Pros: Everything Else

Jewel of the entire reissues: 10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod) A superb, wonderful piece of music. Superb piano and bass from Jones, subtle and retrained drumming from Bonzo, and great arpeggio electric guitar (Fender Telecaster) and acoustic guitar (Martin). An outstanding arrangement. Zeppelin should have used this in the credits for The Song Remains the Same film.

I am so happy for all of you who have received yours. I got and email stating mine would be here between Aug 3-6. The albums are already on you tube!, but I am not going to listen to them. I want to hear these on a great sound system with headphones. :stereo: Just a few more days and I am sure they will drag by...

I elected not to order for today...too many reasons to get into. I expect to have them in 2-3 weeks.

But even though I'm dying to listen to the companion tracks, I too am waiting. Could hear it all on Apple Music...but I just want to savor it when it gets here.

^^^ Love that, Walter! :)

Once in a blue moon...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Can't wait to give these gems proper attention!

Dd, received my Presence and ITTOD from Amazon this afternoon, checked it all out for any scratches, etc. It all looks good! Glad you got yours too! :thumbsup:

Debs, hopefully yours will be in before then! I tried to stay away from YouTube so it would be a totally new experience. I did "peak" at a couple of songs though! ;)

I've only had a chance to listen to the ITTOD companion so far. I agree with sixpense on the ONLY cons. But Carouselambra more than made up for it! Looking forward to having the time to give everything else the proper attention it demands! :)

Enjoy everyone!

:peace:

Hi Deborah! I hope you are surprised with an early shipment, but in any event, they will be here before you know it. :)

Walter, I really wish that I had a good option for buying in a local record shop but unfortunately, I don't. I would have preferred to see the sets in person before buying, as my Coda has some worn edges on the box. Strange because it was packaged very nicely and there was no damage to the box or packaging. Trying to decide if I will be returning it, so I won't be listening to that one yet. The others (and all of the previous sets) look really great.

Happy listening!

Dd, I bought all the previous from Amazon and they were perfect. The one I bought locally had a dinged up box also. I wasn't about to return it though after all she gave me! The ITTOD tote bag was very cool, then when I saw the stickers, pins, poster, mini artwork pieces, turntable slip disc, etc - my jaw dropped! Wished I had bought them all from her! It's a low budget store for sure. She loved that I had my tie dye Zep Swan Song shirt on, then I noticed she had on a Mothership shirt on - we had a good laugh together! Good times! :)

Archived