Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Any day now Jimmy, any day now. I've been extra patient with these last 3 than I was with the previous 6, but now im starting to get a little impatient. The worst part is, is that I haven't listened to the last 3 albums since around January and I think that may have been a little too soon. I'm going to TRY to avoid seeing the track listing, and hearing any early released tracks (besides the release date of course) until I have the physical copies in my hands and am listening to the CDs because the day Physical Graffiti was released I was so underwhelmed after already hearing all 7 tracks during the listening event. It will be quite difficult to not look, but might as well try and make these last 3 as exciting as they should be. I really don't think these won't be released until late September though, that is simply unnecessary to wait 7 months between the last 4 albums when the first 5 (which are much more popular) were only 5 months apart. I'm going to throw out my guess and say the announcement by May 31, release date by July 31. Tour begins by August 31 ;)

Any day now Jimmy, any day now. I've been extra patient with these last 3 than I was with the previous 6, but now im starting to get a little impatient. The worst part is, is that I haven't listened to the last 3 albums since around January and I think that may have been a little too soon.

I've only been allowing myself to listen to the albums that have been remastered ever since they were announced last year!! So I haven't hear Presence, ITTOD, and Coda for over a year and I'm dying! Jimmy better get a move on...

I doubt that anybody ever expected the average fan to spend a grand on the catalog. The only people dropping that amount are the ones buying the boxed sets - obviously the more die hard fans and the collectors. The limited edition prints are only numbered to 30,000. Maybe they didn't expect to sell a lot more than that amount around release time. The regular versions of the remastered CD's could be purchased for barely over a hundred dollars for the whole set. Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with your premise about downloads and streaming cutting into physical sales...

I have another thread on the "volume of sales", and this adds to that.

Assume they sold ALL of the 30,000 numbered SDE's, that's revenues of nearly $5m per issue, $45m for the set, not bad for a legacy act, if you include all of the other versions, global revenues of +$60m is not to be sniffed at by any corporation, given the costs will be on the low side.

So fully expect them all to be released in the next few months.

They will be released ...but there are first pressing #'ed sets of the first 3 SDB across the street at Newbury's since a year ago- ... glad to hear sales were decent I don't want physical media to die off -just because I said it is what's happening(around here anyway). I own a cd for everything possible and have about 300-400...at one time it was twice that...either way the last 3 will definitely come out but when I have no idea...Fall is best guess. I do agree these sold decently if not very good for rereleases of older material and it is very sad that Best Buy and other places are shrinking or eliminating their cd's and dvd/blu rays....I dont even know how to stream and download anything beyond tunes....and as for tv I guess without wifi I cant anyway...

Cant wait for my next Zep fix. But at the same time i know after these there wouldnt be any more new remasters to buy from zep:(

Im most exited about Presence since its my fav album. And so far the remasters have opened new possibilities to get deeper into the music for me. they sound much better than the 1994 remasters im used to.

Jimmy did an extraordinary job on the mixing/production.

The remasters sound great even on the crappiest car stereos :D

What do you think they will do for the In Through The Out Door Deluxe artwork? Six different versions like the original vinyl? Or one with all pictures in the booklet?

I think the normal version will come with a paperbag with 6 different versions (both cd and vinyl)

No idea on the deluxe version. Would be cool if the super deluxe would come in a paperbag too!

I doubt that anybody ever expected the average fan to spend a grand on the catalog. The only people dropping that amount are the ones buying the boxed sets - obviously the more die hard fans and the collectors. The limited edition prints are only numbered to 30,000. Maybe they didn't expect to sell a lot more than that amount around release time. The regular versions of the remastered CD's could be purchased for barely over a hundred dollars for the whole set. Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with your premise about downloads and streaming cutting into physical sales...

While the list price of the SDBS would suggest the total outlay would be about $1000, there are ways to acquire them at much lower costs. My out-of-pocket cost for the first six SDBS has been only about $200.

I'd be happy with a release date too. I haven't listened to any of the albums since the announcement of the first box sets. Itching to hear them again.

Anyone think that there is a "delay" and if so what might be causing it (targeting specific time of year like xmas, re jigging content to make coda epic after some disappointment with companion disks, etc)

If they release six individual release for ITTOD like when it was originally released it will definetely boost sales as us diehards would buy them all.

Six deluxe box sets?

I'm die hard but I'm not crazy. One would suffice.

I am curious about the numbered prints though - if they'll pick just one to use, include them all, insert individual ones randomly...

I am guessing if there is no announcement by July 1 then we really are looking at the holidays or just before. I'd play your old copies of the last 3.... 1 and half years without hearing Presence is too long.

I am guessing if there is no announcement by July 1 then we really are looking at the holidays or just before. I'd play your old copies of the last 3.... 1 and half years without hearing Presence is too long.

Obviously we're too late for a June release. But If released in September, they'll still be around for the holidays.

Obviously we're too late for a June release. But If released in September, they'll still be around for the holidays.

Holidays? Every day is a holiday.

What do you think they will do for the In Through The Out Door Deluxe artwork? Six different versions like the original vinyl? Or one with all pictures in the booklet?

I think the normal version will come with a paperbag with 6 different versions (both cd and vinyl)

No idea on the deluxe version. Would be cool if the super deluxe would come in a paperbag too!

I would imagine that they would go with the 'A' cover for the standard CD and vinyl releases, and (at least) for the Super Deluxe sets, covers would be distributed at random. You open your set and get whichever cover you get.

Last time round I did that ^ and it worked for seeing the yet-unannounced PG releases. Click on that link now and there's a bunch of items up under "vinyl' and "CD" with no title and no images. There are multiple different pricings for the CDs and vinyl, as well as a $140 "vinyl" set. These could very possibly be the new remasters, as the prices seem fairly accurate. Although they are available for pre-order and will be released July 31st. I wonder if I found them already!

Even better, if you click on the vinyl, the details are:

• Vinyl (July 31, 2015)
  • Number of Discs: 3
  • Label: Atlantic Catalog Group
  • ASIN: B00YB9BLEU

It's being released by Atlantic... :whistling:

From the main thread in this topic...don't want it missed over here. Good sleuthing, lcondo123.

From the main thread in this topic...don't want it missed over here. Good sleuthing, lcondo123.

:peace:

Looks like that Coda is going to have 3 CD discs as well as three vinyl discs. There is one CD with 3 discs, one vinyl with 3 discs, and one SDBS with 6 discs, so that could very well be Coda.

I've heard thru the grapevine that Jimmy Page will make a public appearance on June 16th to promote the next batch of remasters. This has not been officially confirmed and no further details are available at this time.

We've known that for two days.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18626-new-box-sets-including-unreleased-material/?p=820892

Archived