Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Thanks. Can you zoom in and see any of the song titles? Also, could you post a link?

I can't zoom in at this point. When I click on the links I get nothing. What I posted is in my own account. The only thing I can see is that Coda is 3 CD + 3 LP in the super deluxe.

I can't zoom in at this point. When I click on the links I get nothing. What I posted is in my own account. The only thing I can see is that Coda is 3 CD + 3 LP in the super deluxe.

Amazon.com (USA)? What search terms?

I have searched on what I can see on your screen capture, but nothing comes up.

Amazon.com (USA)? What search terms?

I have searched on what I can see on your screen capture, but nothing comes up.

Of course it won't show up in a search. They have hidden it. I can see it only because I preordered.

Presence Companion:

CGiPO_SU8AAxAv4_zps830hwbgu.png

The companion audio disc that accompanies Presence has five unreleased reference mixes from the sessions, which reveal works in progress. Along with alternate incarnations of For Your Life Achilles Last Stand and Royal Orleans, there is also the previously unheard instrumental curiously titled 10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod).

In Through the Out Door Companion:

CGiPp3jUIAAMe2s_zpsq38ytfyz.png

The album s companion audio disc features an unreleased rough mix of every track from the original album, including early versions with working titles such as The Hook ( All My Love ), The Epic ( Carouselambra ), and Blot ( I m Gonna Crawl ).

CODA Companion:

CGiPc7bU8AEwUox_zpsyldltgh7.png

The reissue campaign ends with a double-barrel blast of Led. Coda will be the only Led Zeppelin deluxe edition to include two companion discs, featuring 15 tracks recorded between 1968 and 1974. The oldest song in the collection is also perhaps the most interesting. The frenetic blues jam Sugar Mama was recorded in 1968 at Olympic Studios during sessions for the band s eponymous debut. The song was completed but never officially released until now. Baby Come On Home from the same session is also included in the set. Also included is the previously unreleased St. Tristan s Sword, a rollicking instrumental recorded during the Led Zeppelin III sessions in 1970.

This is so freakin awesome. I'm really looking forward to the rough mix of In the Evening. I'm hoping Plan't vocals aren't mixed too far back. Same with the rough mix of Carouselambra with more clear vocals. There's a version on YouTube that's pretty good. May be the same one. Plus I don't own versions of Baby Come on Home or Hey Hey what Can I do that aren't just 128 kbps from YouTube downloads.

Plus I don't own versions of Baby Come on Home or Hey Hey what Can I do that aren't just 128 kbps from YouTube downloads.

I'm with you on that. Getting to hear these (plus St. Tristan's Sword and Sugar Mama) in 24/96 beauty will be completely worth it!

Is there a release date for these? I saw someone say 31st July a few pages back but is that a bit optimistic?

Have to say I'm delighted with the Coda companion discs, I wasn't expecting the bonus material to be anywhere near that exciting.

Counting the days now...

Is there a release date for these? I saw someone say 31st July a few pages back but is that a bit optimistic?

Have to say I'm delighted with the Coda companion discs, I wasn't expecting the bonus material to be anywhere near that exciting.

Counting the days now...

Everything I've read says July 31 for what it's worth.

Why is 'White Summer/Black Mountain Side' not included on Coda...? Surely it has more right to be there than 'Travelling Riverside Blues' which is already on BBC Sessions, and unlike that latter track, isn't included on any other LZ album except on Coda, so we're actually losing a track on the remastered edition, alas...

Other than that, it's a nice package all round, and the only one of the remastered albums that justifies a deluxe edition.

Why is 'White Summer/Black Mountain Side' not included on Coda...? Surely it has more right to be there than 'Travelling Riverside Blues' which is already on BBC Sessions, and unlike that latter track, isn't included on any other LZ album except on Coda, so we're actually losing a track on the remastered edition, alas...

Other than that, it's a nice package all round, and the only one of the remastered albums that justifies a deluxe edition.

This might be a daft question but did they record a version of White Summer/Black Mountain Side in the studio?

Apologies if they have, I've never heard it.

Meh, that version of White Summer wasn't anything special IMO.

Er... wow.

Gotta say this is the most hideous artwork for the re-issues yet. :unsure:

It's the most surprising for me! I made one a while ago and it's a lot milder than that one. The official version definitely got some unique changes. Mine's below

presence%20invert_zpsvv93hung.jpg

Archived