Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Meh, that version of White Summer wasn't anything special IMO.

Special or not, Jimmy saw fit to include it in the 1990's edition of Coda, so why not keep it, for completion's sake if nothing else. Interestingly, I can't seem to find it on Youtube either, so I'm wondering if there's maybe a rights issue here (as it was recorded and used by the BBC) we're not aware of...

Er... wow.

Gotta say this is the most hideous artwork for the re-issues yet. :unsure:

I'd say that the alternate Presence cover looks the strangest because the original cover has the most realistic colour scheme of all their albums. Of course, a colour inversion (negative or whatever) is going to look the most unusual. The other album covers are mostly black and white, muted sepia tones or abstract colours/designs in the first place.. They don't really look much more or less natural when the colours are manipulated.

I'd say that the alternate Presence cover looks the strangest because the original cover has the most realistic colour scheme of all their albums. Of course, a colour inversion (negative or whatever) is going to look the most unusual. The other album covers are mostly black and white, muted sepia tones or abstract colours/designs in the first place.. They don't really look much more or less natural when the colours are manipulated.

Hmm. I'm still going with 'hideous'.

Why is 'White Summer/Black Mountain Side' not included on Coda...? Surely it has more right to be there than 'Travelling Riverside Blues' which is already on BBC Sessions, and unlike that latter track, isn't included on any other LZ album except on Coda, so we're actually losing a track on the remastered edition, alas...

Other than that, it's a nice package all round, and the only one of the remastered albums that justifies a deluxe edition.

My version of Coda has it. From the All disc Box set in the 90's.

Also the release date is right at the top of forums, July 31st.

Can't wait for all of them.Coda is real interesting as I have never heard the Bombay sessions.Saw it on a bootleg once at a market.Like a fool in the rain I didn't buy it.Can anyone enlighten me on this Ribs n Carrot track or whatever it is?Is it one of the lost tracks that Jim was on about?

Can't wait for all of them.Coda is real interesting as I have never heard the Bombay sessions.Saw it on a bootleg once at a market.Like a fool in the rain I didn't buy it.Can anyone enlighten me on this Ribs n Carrot track or whatever it is?Is it one of the lost tracks that Jim was on about?

The new song on the Presence companion disc is an instrumental jam Jimmy found on that lost tape he mentioned. It must be like a predecessor to Nobody's Fault But Mine or something because there's nothing for that on the companion disc.

The new song on the Presence companion disc is an instrumental jam Jimmy found on that lost tape he mentioned. It must be like a predecessor to Nobody's Fault But Mine or something because there's nothing for that on the companion disc.

Cheers

I guess the rumor that Rhino would only allow one extra disc per album is false with Coda having 2 extra.

Don't know where that rumor came from. I have a contact at Rhino and when Physical Graffiti came out, I message'd him to ask if Rhino had limited the companion material to one disc, or if that was just all Page gave them. His response was, "If Page had given us 4 LPs' worth of companion material we gladly would've put it out, but this is what he gave us."

Interesting that Sugar Mama is included on Coda when a copy of it's recording notes for the first lp is listed in Led Zeppelin I Super Deluxe Book. There is also a track listed as "Blues" that was recorded during the same sessions but hasn't seen the light of day.

Too bad that Fire didn't make the cut.

Really is lousy that HHWCID is on disc 2 for those of us just buying the single discs...

Yeah, I though maybe we'd get lucky and they'd follow the 2 box set formats, where it and Babe Come on Home were on the single disc. So basically those two are still only available in a "Set" and the new deluxe CODA is like 25 bucks. I'll probably pass on the deluxe Presence at first because the "Reference Mixes" are always too similar to the masters and Presence bonus stuff is all Reference mixes except for the Carrot/Pod song which is instrumental. ITTOD and CODA look a lot more appealing for the deluxe editions because they have "Rough Mixes" which are always more unique, and of course CODA has HHWCID and BCOH Plus, I don't own Coda at in cd format, only off iTunes, so that makes it more of a no brainer.. And I only own the Diament 80s ITTOD and and iTunes download. Whereas with Presence I own Diament 80s, Marino 90s and iTunes lol. So hopefully between the new Deluxe Coda and ITTOD, I'll only drop about 40 bucks and be good without the new Presence "Bonus" material.

Archived