Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Same here in Canada waiting very impatiently for the pre-order pages to arrive on amazon.ca, we got the previous 6 pre-ordered on Amazon.ca at around $115-$120 CAD, doubt they'll be close to that now, with 139.99 and 159.99 on Amazon USA and the exchange rate at 1.24.....

They are now up on Amazon.ca...... I just pre-ordered the remaining 3 SDBS. The price is higher this time around. All 3 are around $162 (Canadian Dollars) each, as opposed to the rest:

I - $114

II - $114

III - $114

IV - $117

HOTH - $117

PG - $133

They'll come down. They've all decreased $25-35 dollars from where they've started, and if they don't, cancel your order and go to your local record store.

:peace:

Yeah, PG dropped 25% from the list price, I think HOTH and fourth album were about the the same.

Yeah, but keep everything sealed up and put the the stuff in a climate controlled safe. Wait 5-10 yrs, then sell them after Page takes

his dirt nap. Likely youl'l get 3-5 times the original price. I'm being callous, no ???

I think we lose the 'paintable'insert on the deluxe 2cd of ITTOD.

The water-sensitive sleeve will only be available on the vinyl editions of ITTOD...both the vinyl sold separately and the vinyl included in the Super Deluxe Boxes. Get your sponges ready.

Really is lousy that HHWCID is on disc 2 for those of us just buying the single discs...

Right on cue. You have clinched the "Sourpuss of the Year" award.

Almost every post you make comes across as negative, your constant whining about how you can't afford the 2 CD deluxe sets, how you have never had a decent system to play music on. If you can afford the internet surely you can afford the insignificant miniscule few extra coppers to get the 2 CD sets over the single discs. I cannot see the point of even buying the single CDs, except maybe to have the LP replica sleeves.

Spot on assessment JTM. He's a nag. Besides, if you are a functioning adult with a job, there should be no problem affording the Super Deluxe Box sets, let alone the 2 CD deluxe edition...if you know how to budget, of course. Hell, I have seen the deluxe cd sets in the used section of my record store for around $10. If you can't afford $10 for a 2-cd set of Led Zeppelin, how are you affording the internet?

Also, if ksgemini had been buying his music on cd and/or vinyl all along, he could lessen the cost of the Deluxe sets by trading in old cds and albums for store credit. I have bought all the available Super Deluxe Box sets from the first album to "Physical Graffiti". Total cash outlay for those box sets...$38.44. The rest of the cost I covered with store credit from cds and albums I traded in that I didn't have any use for anymore...like the 80s Led Zeppelin cds.

That is one of the benefits of maintaining an actual music collection that isn't just random bytes in the ether or on a cloud...it has concrete cash value that you can use to your advantage in purchasing new music.

I can't wait to record the upcoming releases on my multiple CD burner. Friends snapped up all the previous deluxe issues, and are

planning to get the new ones as well. Obviously encryption matters are off limits. No postage, no fussiness taking care of the

cases/artwork/books etc.,. The reissues and companions are cool, but is anybody really going to listen to them in 2or 3 yrs ??

Yes, I will. You should change your avatar name to Miser46 and form a curmudgeon's club with ksgemini.

Thanks to iTunes we now know the identity of the pre-release 'taster' tracks:

Hots On For Nowhere (Reference Mix) 4:47

In The Evening (Rough Mix) 6:54

If It Keeps On Raining (Rough Mix) 4:14

Sugar Mama (Mix) 2:50

We don't of course yet know when they will be made available....

Thanks to iTunes we now know the identity of the pre-release 'taster' tracks:

Hots On For Nowhere (Reference Mix) 4:47

In The Evening (Rough Mix) 6:54

If It Keeps On Raining (Rough Mix) 4:14

Sugar Mama (Mix) 2:50

We don't of course yet know when they will be made available....

Thanks for sharing that, I'll definitely be grabbing those when they are available!

A different, more in-depth article about the India recordings from the BBC (not the same as the news story published a couple of days ago):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-33017725

Whoa. Add this to the bootleg wishlist!

Page and Plant happily agreed. The instruments were a bit ramshackle - India did not have the finest instruments available at the time - but they didn't care. They played a 20-minute set, including songs like Whole Lotta Love and an impromptu blues number.

...There was also a recording made of their Slip Disc set but it is nowhere to be found.

:drool:

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I have finally decided how I am going to organise the deluxe Coda material in my lossless digital playlists.

I believe the following is the most logical sequence:

'Disc 1' – the original album, plus the extra tracks previously added to the 1993 expanded version of Coda, plus the two newly-released original tracks:

1. We're Gonna Groove

2. Poor Tom

3. I Can't Quit You Baby

4. Walter's Walk

5. Ozone Baby

6. Darlene

7. Bonzo's Montreux

8. Wearing And Tearing

9. Baby Come On Home

10. Sugar Mama

11. Hey, Hey, What Can I Do

12. St. Tristan's Sword

'Disc 2' – the 'companion audio', i.e. alternate versions of the Coda tracks (in the right sequence), plus the two 'bonus' tracks provided by the Indian recordings:

1. We're Gonna Groove (Alternate Mix)

2. Poor Tom (Instrumental Mix)

3. Walter's Walk (Rough Mix)

4. Bonzo's Montreux (Mix Construction In Progress)

5. Four Hands ('Four Sticks') (Bombay Orchestra)

6. Friends (Bombay Orchestra)

So what happens to the remaining tracks from Deluxe Coda which in my opinion do not really 'belong' on Coda, as they are really left over 'companion audio' tracks from previous albums? Well:

Bring It On Home (Rough Mix) – goes to the LZII companion disc as a bonus track (fits nicely at the end in terms of sequencing)

If It Keeps On Raining ('When The Levee Breaks') (Rough Mix) – goes to the fourth album companion disc as a bonus track

Desire ('The Wanton Song') (Rough Mix) and

Everybody Makes It Through ('In The Light') (Rough Mix) – both go to the Physical Graffiti companion disc as bonus tracks

Travelling Riverside Blues – discarded from Coda as already part of BBC sessions so effectively a duplicate track

This is the only logical approach with this material, in my opinion. Comments welcome!

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I have finally decided how I am going to organise the deluxe Coda material in my lossless digital playlists.

I believe the following is the most logical sequence:

'Disc 1' – the original album, plus the extra tracks previously added to the 1993 expanded version of Coda, plus the two newly-released original tracks:

1. We're Gonna Groove

2. Poor Tom

3. I Can't Quit You Baby

4. Walter's Walk

5. Ozone Baby

6. Darlene

7. Bonzo's Montreux

8. Wearing And Tearing

9. Baby Come On Home

10. Sugar Mama

11. Hey, Hey, What Can I Do

12. St. Tristan's Sword

'Disc 2' – the 'companion audio', i.e. alternate versions of the Coda tracks (in the right sequence), plus the two 'bonus' tracks provided by the Indian recordings:

1. We're Gonna Groove (Alternate Mix)

2. Poor Tom (Instrumental Mix)

3. Walter's Walk (Rough Mix)

4. Bonzo's Montreux (Mix Construction In Progress)

5. Four Hands ('Four Sticks') (Bombay Orchestra)

6. Friends (Bombay Orchestra)

So what happens to the remaining tracks from Deluxe Coda which in my opinion do not really 'belong' on Coda, as they are really left over 'companion audio' tracks from previous albums? Well:

Bring It On Home (Rough Mix) – goes to the LZII companion disc as a bonus track (fits nicely at the end in terms of sequencing)

If It Keeps On Raining ('When The Levee Breaks') (Rough Mix) – goes to the fourth album companion disc as a bonus track

Desire ('The Wanton Song') (Rough Mix) and

Everybody Makes It Through ('In The Light') (Rough Mix) – both go to the Physical Graffiti companion disc as bonus tracks

Travelling Riverside Blues – discarded from Coda as already part of BBC sessions so effectively a duplicate track

This is the only logical approach with this material, in my opinion. Comments welcome!

BCOH sandwiched beetween WAT and SM, don't see how that'll work. Imo BCOH does not fit anywhere, it's too much of an oddity.

If you check out the pre orders in iTunes, you'll see that there's one song from each that has the tracks time next to it. Maybe the single songs they will release off of each before it is released in full?

If you check out the pre orders in iTunes, you'll see that there's one song from each that has the tracks time next to it. Maybe the single songs they will release off of each before it is released in full?

Please have a look at post #233...

Nothing very important, but I'm curious what others think the books in the SDBSs will cover in the last three.

My thoughts:

For Presence, the book (88 pages) either picks up where PG's left off with Robert recovering or goes straight to the recording sessions in Munich. Will cover premiere of The Song Remains the Same and of course the '77 tour. Does it finish with Karac's death? That's a real downer. Maybe just ends with the Oakland shows.

My first thought with the ITTOD book (80 pages) is that it would start with the sessions and end with Knebworth, but that's not a lot. The sample image for ITTOD's book is the Knebworth press shot, and those sample pages have tended to come in the middle of the books, so that leaves plenty of room for Tour Over Europe to be included. Seems like Bonzo's death and the group announcement ending the band is a downer close, but a logical place to end this volume.

So what's left for Coda? At 72 pages, the Coda book is the shortest. Sample image almost looks like random group images from various tours (JPJ and Robert look like '77, while Jimmy's looks like '75 or maybe '77 and not sure about Bonzo), so maybe the Coda book is a review from '68 to '80...which would tend to fit the music.

EDIT: I now notice that at least JPG and Robert's images on the Coda sample page seem to have the same "motion" effect, suggesting they are from the same tour...but certainly looks earlier than 1980.

We'll know in less than two months.

Archived