Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Hermit said >>>>>"Boy, did I pick one helluva time to become a Zep-head, happy days indeed :stereo: ..".<<<<<<<Hermit said.

JTM said>>>>>You've not quite made Zep Head status yet Hermit. you're still in the Member category, but Your time is gonna come.... :lol:<<<<<JTM said.

Yet, your profile pic is of The Who.

WTF,

LOL just kidding. I actually love The Who too

My comment was to Hermit, somehow it looked as it was mine. My love for Zeppelin goes back to 1970. As for my current avatar, well I just Love The Who so when I found the "(Dr) Who's Next" parody pic, I knew that it had to be my latest profile pic.

post-46-0-86755700-1429878806_thumb.jpg

I hope ITTOD comes in the paper bag like the original vinyl did.

I could certainly see the standard and deluxe editions being offered that way (will album art be random), but not SDBS (maybe that's quite obvious). However, would expect vinyl and CD in the SDBS to be in bag. The CDs have so far matched the original offerings, i.e., spinner wheel for III, band and lyrics insert for Houses and die-cut windows for Physical Graffiti.

I've re-listened some studio bootleg material last weekend, and here is my tip for the companion material for the upcoming albums:

Presence: Only fragments of some songs known (Tea for One, Royal Orleans), so here we'll get alternative/instrumental mixes (There is a blues cover song called Don't Start Me Talkin', but probably it won't be released).

ITTOD: Here we have a lot of alternative takes, and an unreleased song, plenty enough for a disc:

Carouselamra (take1, instr.) 10:55
Fool in the Rain (take1) 6:18 (count-in, alternative lyrics)
Hot Dog (raw version minus guitar solo) 3:22
In the Evening (different intro) 6:32
Saurez 4:19
All of my love (extended) 7:53
Fire (UNRELEASED!) 4:13
Coda: Here we have the four bonus songs from 1993, and don't forget the Moby Dick/Bonzo's Monterux drum solo remix from the 1990 Boxed Set. (I would buy the 2CD instantly, just for this one :) )
Also have some outtakes to fill the space:
Bonzo’s Montreux (take 1-2)
Darlene (3x, fragments)
Ozone Baby (2x, fragments)
Wearing and Tearing (2x)
Poor Tom (3x, fragments of early demos)
Walters Walk (3x, both instrumental and vocal versions)
Hey, Hey… ( both instrumental and vocal version)
We will see soon....hardly can wait. :) :) :)

I know one pretty reliable source, who frequents these boards, said elsewhere mid June (or was it late June?), and it would be all three. In either case, that would mean an announcement any day now.

A gap of 7 months (Feb to September) seems awful long.

Since the last rumor was "late summer", and Jimmy is all into seasonal phenomena like the end of summer/Autumn Equinox, these last 3 could be released as late as 9/22, which is the closet Tuesday to the last day of Summer.

So, if that is the case (which is total speculation on my part), then an announcement won't come until late June, since in the past, it's been about 12 weeks between announcement date and release date.

I hope I'm wrong, and the announcement is tomorrow, which would make the release date the week of July 27!

-hercoflex

Since the last rumor was "late summer", and Jimmy is all into seasonal phenomena like the end of summer/Autumn Equinox, these last 3 could be released as late as 9/22, which is the closet Tuesday to the last day of Summer.

So, if that is the case (which is total speculation on my part), then an announcement won't come until late June, since in the past, it's been about 12 weeks between announcement date and release date.

I hope I'm wrong, and the announcement is tomorrow, which would make the release date the week of July 27!

-hercoflex

Time will tell. Gap between PG announcement and release was only, what, 6 or 7 weeks? Maybe a special case.

Just watching the Grateful Dead under the pyramids waiting for everything to happen.No I don't smoke left handed jazz cigarettes ,just waiting for Jim to unleash the final three.

I know one pretty reliable source, who frequents these boards, said elsewhere mid June (or was it late June?), and it would be all three. In either case, that would mean an announcement any day now.

A gap of 7 months (Feb to September) seems awful long.

Bring it on already !! I thought June would be the release of the last three. Now I'm not so sure ? Either way cannot wait for the final releases. In a small way I'm also saddened by it. This has been an exciting few years to be a hardcore fan.

They're never coming out, are they?

I'm beginning to think that too. Now if the re-release campaign had been more focused towards 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio, sales may have been much stronger. It was a disappointment to me that there has been no surround sound mixes put out.

they will be out in the fall..I cant see them just stopping but the sales while good for an old catalog sadly just emphasize digital downloads destroying physical media...people on here all seem to have turntables etc but the average LZ fan probably does not want to spend a grand on their catalog

they will be out in the fall..I cant see them just stopping but the sales while good for an old catalog sadly just emphasize digital downloads destroying physical media...people on here all seem to have turntables etc but the average LZ fan probably does not want to spend a grand on their catalog

I doubt that anybody ever expected the average fan to spend a grand on the catalog. The only people dropping that amount are the ones buying the boxed sets - obviously the more die hard fans and the collectors. The limited edition prints are only numbered to 30,000. Maybe they didn't expect to sell a lot more than that amount around release time. The regular versions of the remastered CD's could be purchased for barely over a hundred dollars for the whole set. Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with your premise about downloads and streaming cutting into physical sales...

Archived