One Night Only: Led Zeppelin DVD Excerpts On the Big Screen

ZosofanCMR

On March 30th, Fathom Events is hosting a special screening event of performances culled from the Led Zeppelin DVD across America. Run-time looks to be an hour and 45 minutes.

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/led-zeppelin/more-info/details

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! I got a ticket for the Bellevue, WA show and noticed there are quite a few locations showing it in the Seattle area. Just another reason why I love living here, LOL.

Probably the same edited version they showed us at the New York City premiere in 2003... A very impressive cut....

One guy yelled out loud in the theater during Bonzo's drum solo - he screamed "HOLEEEEEEY SH*TTTTT!!!"

He said out loud what we ALL were thinking....

:-)

Hmmm, Led Zeppelin DVD on the big screen. I think I will bring my son to see this. Thanks for the link!

Just like my dad took me (I was in 8th grade in 1980 & Bonham had just passed) I begged my parents to let me go & they made me take a nap after dinner woke me up at 11:00 & in the parking lot of the theater I saw a cop had pulled a car over & as we were pulling in put a bong on the top of the car. I mean a bong? who smokes bongs in the car! Zeppelin fans I guess - not sure what my dad thought but I'll always be thankful he took me.

& just like my dad took me & as you plan on taking your son, I'll be taking mine! He's in 8th grade too - it's perfect!

10 to 1 they are showing the DVD that came with the limited edition of the "Mothership" compilation.

Hmm if that's true i am a little less excited about it. But the chance to see any Zeppelin footage with a theater audio system is extremely enticing.

Me.... having seen all this footage numerous times makes it really redundant...also as wife does not like LZ and friends are miles away it'd be me in a theater of many trying to relive the past At the o7 showing I got verbally attacked cuz I had a shirt with Plant's sigil on it and was told "if u are not here for Jimmy page" u are not a fan by some redneck white trash loser. 10-15 dollars for something old? Next thing they should just have a Live aid set showing...I am not blaming Page but how many times is this stuff going to be recycled? Next...the remasters box xmas 2016....with one unreleased track added. Jimmy and Warner seem to forget some people do not have unlimited funds to pour into music. They could not release a live dvd with these remasters but are showing something that has been around for 12 years? I know there are audiophiles on here and they have very right to enjoy the SDB's but to spend over 1000 on music is something out of my realm of existence. But yeah i hear ya "if u don't want to go. don't..." True enough...just was hoping it was complete concert from 75 or something newly out there(legally)

As soon as I saw this on Facebook today, I got a little excited yet skeptical.

I was hoping this would be the thing we've all been waiting for - new, never before seen material.

But I see it's footage compiled from the 2003 DVD, As cool as it is (and I'll go see it)...It's nothing new.

As soon as I saw this on Facebook today, I got a little excited yet skeptical.

I was hoping this would be the thing we've all been waiting for - new, never before seen material.

But I see it's footage compiled from the 2003 DVD, As cool as it is (and I'll go see it)...It's nothing new.

yeah but as already mentioned its not the DVD itself its more likely the companion DVD to Mothership which is a bit less interesting in that Dazed and moby are cut, no HMMT, no White Summer... I can watch all that in my living room but if I am going to pay to see it on the big screen it makes sense to watch the full RAH concert with Earls court as desert instead of excerpts from all.

I have watched the DVD soooo many times. I did check and I was surprised to see that it is playing in two major theaters in Nashville, one in Imax. When the O2 performance came to town it was only playing in a local arts theater. I may have to go to the Imax version... Having gone to the O2 viewing, there is just something special about watching Led Zeppelin on the big screen with an audience. However, the O2 performance was extra special because none of us had seen the performance. I hope Dazed and Confused from TSRTS is featured, my favorite Led Zeppelin live anything is its "San Francisco" segment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived