Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SSK 89400

Couple of questions from a newbie ...

First of all, congratulations on a great resource, loads of very useful info and opinion here. Been watching for quite some time and decided to take the plunge!

First of all, does anyone know if any photos exist of the front exterior of Earls Court advertising the legendary May '75 shows?

Secondly, does anyone know the EXACT location where the piccie below was taken?

post-30267-0-23319400-1425163094_thumb.j

Edited by SSK 89400

Wow that was impressive woz70! It's a great picture.

Not really..... I spent pretty much my whole life in London, and I just recognised it! Had to look on Google maps for the street number though.

First of all, congratulations on a great resource, loads of very useful info and opinion here. Been watching for quite some time and decided to take the plunge!

First of all, does anyone know if any photos exist of the front exterior of Earls Court advertising the legendary May '75 shows?

Secondly, does anyone know the EXACT location where the piccie below was taken?

Snapped Zeppelin — the band were photographed outside Windmill Street by Dick Barnatt

"In early December 1968, the four members of Led Zeppelin casually posed in front of a Jaguar car for a group photo taken outside the offices of the Impact Agency located on Windmill Street, just off Tottenham Court Road. Photographer Dick Barnatt recalls: “As they walked outside the office into the street there was a Jaguar car parked right outside. In those days there was little restriction to parking in side roads in central London. I suggested a group shot against the car and they agreed. I shot three photos in quick succession. One had a Royal Mail van going by, the other a Mini and the final one was clear of traffic. And that was it. The boys left. I took the film into the lab downstairs and the prints and contacts went back off to Atlantic Records. This photo session has gone on to become one of the iconic off-stage images of the group.”

Edited by Aspensound