Candy Store Rock.......

DanelectroGod

Anyone else a fan of this tune? Here's a clip from the last show Page did with Plant after the Page/Plant tour of '98 dissolved. I wonder why Robert asked Jimmy to join him at the Montrex Jazz fest. I believe this was from 2001.

They performed July 7th 2001 at the Stravinski Auditorium in Montreux, Switzerland.

This was not a case of Robert asking Jimmy, it was a case of both agreeing to perform for the event, which was "Good Rockin' Tonite: A Tribute to Sun Records". They were introduced by Montreux Jazz Festival founder Claude Nobs and Ahmet Ertegun. They

stayed across the street at the Montreux Palace Hotel, where they talked at length

with Ahmet. Jimmy spent some time watching movies at Le Picotin, Claude's chalet in the village of Caux overlooking Montreux.

I think the best part of this tribute event was that I was there! :)

They performed July 7th 2001 at the Stravinski Auditorium in Montreux, Switzerland.

This was not a case of Robert asking Jimmy, it was a case of both agreeing to perform for the event, which was "Good Rockin' Tonite: A Tribute to Sun Records". They were introduced by Montreux Jazz Festival founder Claude Nobs and Ahmet Ertegun. They

stayed across the street at the Montreux Palace Hotel, where they talked at length

with Ahmet. Jimmy spent some time watching movies at Le Picotin, Claude's chalet in the village of Caux overlooking Montreux.

Steve A Jones - man, you rock! Seriously, I have learned more about Zep from reading your posts than anywhere. Thanks for the education.

This was not a case of Robert asking Jimmy, it was a case of both agreeing to perform for the event, which was "Good Rockin' Tonite: A Tribute to Sun Records". They were introduced by Montreux Jazz Festival founder Claude Nobs and Ahmet Ertegun.

Awsome Steve!!! That's quite a special show to have attended! Talk about a one off performance!! :) Of course Candy Store probably had you jumping on your seat..........personally, I would have done the same for How Many More Years as well. ;) I play this show quite a bit....... I am a sucker for the oldies when played w/ gusto...hence my love for the WLL medleys, Honeydrippers, Willie and the Poor Boys, etc..

Anyone else a fan of this tune? Here's a clip from the last show Page did with Plant after the Page/Plant tour of '98 dissolved. I wonder why Robert asked Jimmy to join him at the Montrex Jazz fest. I believe this was from 2001.

Thanks for that. That is a special one

First time I was actually abe to see that clip.

Thank you! That was amazing. Page was playing so very well on his last tour with Plant, and that show. I really like the shows, Zep or not, where the pressure is off those 2. Some of my very favourite Zep gigs are the low key ones. Look at the Southampton 73 gig. Jones seemed to feel no pressure, as evidenced in the mellotron intro to 'Thank You'. That is just SO good. Mobile 73 is better than TSRTS for me, I prefer Chicago 75 to Earls Court. They did the most set list change in Japan in 96. I find that at the big shows, they feel pressure to protect the legacy. In the less spotlighted shows, they come up with groovier improvs and ideas.

I know I was with them on that afternoon.

Archived