2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Then why wouldn't they put him on the IR or at least the mini-IR?  They surgery was performed at the beginning of last week.  He will be back this season, otherwise the roster spot would be open right now, imo.

Looks like you've got a bigger injury to worry about now, Chuck. Your victories are becoming costly...first Dez, now Romo. Brandon Weedon is now your starter, but since Dallas decided to only go with two QBs on the roster this season, you now need a backup to Weedon. Could Matt Flynn find himself with another team...or do the Cowboys promote Kellen Moore from within?

Best Raider win in years, period.  Big step for Carr today!  Still think he's the best QB from last year's draft with all due respect to Teddy...

Raiders win a shootout. Can't believe i'm typing those words. I've seen them get blown out plenty of times over the past decade or so; just as i've seen them totally dominate several games over that period as well (typically the other team was in the process of implosion.) But the Raiders have been just straight bad, so for them to come off a big loss, and actually stay relentless against a team many analysts thought were playoff-worthy, that's something new. Shootouts are tough, man. AC/DC is looking slick. And Crabtree was in King Mode.

If they can continue this toughness, I'll be optimistic for an 8-8 season. Now, is Seattle willing to hand over Kam...

Oh yeah, a helluva win and gut-check time down the stretch. I didn't breathe for the last few minutes of that topsy-turvy game. David Carr has a tendency to look like a prince one week and a pauper the next, so I will temper my enthusiasm until the Raiders can string some good performances together. They don't necessarily have to win three or four in a row, just compete on a weekly basis. None of this win one week and get blown out by 30 points the next. I do like that Carr showed the toughness to come back and play after that injury last week when early reports suggested he might have to sit out this week.

FunkyPhantom, Seattle ain't trading Kam anywhere. That would be a disaster...you don't reward a player for pulling these types of shenanigans. The other owners would be apoplectic, for it would set a bad precedent. If necessary, the Seahawks will let him sit all year and not pay him a dime rather than give into his extortion.

Hehe, you should've had faith in your team Strider. 

I do have faith in my team, SANBR...I have faith that if I pick 'em they will lose. Today, I was happy to lose my pick.

Steelers putting a hurt on the 49ers. Haven't seen much of Jarryd Hayne in this game. 

The Bears are who we thought they were...Cardinals cruising 42-23.

Patriots are still the Kings of the AFC East. Is Buffalo thinking of making a QB change? Looked like they had the backup warming up.

The Steelers were awesome and the Niners scored enough points to win a game on any given day.  .

Some positives to come out of the result and while the Niner's defence wasn't too bad, ball handling in their end zone let them down and you can't do that and expect to keep the opposition out let alone win games. 8-0 at the first quarter break was okay but with an outstanding second quarter from the Steelers' offence, the Niners gave them too much start and couldn't go with them even though the third quarter was scoreless they won the last quarter 15-14.

Why did Tomsula hold Hayne back? Injuries to his other WC and RB maybe or he felt the game was gone and gave the others some much needed game time. I'm biased but he could've been utilised a bit more especially in that third quarter. The scores may (or or may not) have been closer but the result was never in question. 

Arizona won't be easy at home next week so Tomsula has a job on his hands getting his team up for the game.

Now back to studying the rule book and learning the terminology and methodologies of the game.

Looks like you've got a bigger injury to worry about now, Chuck. Your victories are becoming costly...first Dez, now Romo. Brandon Weedon is now your starter, but since Dallas decided to only go with two QBs on the roster this season, you now need a backup to Weedon. Could Matt Flynn find himself with another team...or do the Cowboys promote Kellen Moore from within?

Aye, yes they are.  But at least we're 2-0 and 2-0 within the division.  Romo's injury is usually 6-8 weeks.  Put it 8 weeks and he misses 7-8 game (bye week is in that time span) and if we can go 4-4, at least we'd still be in the thick of things.  The defense is going to get a boost in two weeks.  Obviously this is tough, but that's football....  Bong-man can speak of our practice squad qb, he was under Scott Linehan in Deroit as their back up.  New to the Cowboys since the last training camp cuts.... 

Yeah I think Walter hit it yesterday when he said "lot of blood on the floor with this week's pics".

What is up with New Orleans?  And San Fran, I expected would hit some bumps with the coaching change, but what the heck?  Eagles, I keep giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt, but that was a team that couldn't do ANYTHING, a good high school team could have given them a run for their money.

Packers look like the pick of the NFC.  Is Seattle in the ditch, or just a speed bump?

No doubt Dallas makes a move this week, and likely today.  Don't be shocked if they get Cassel or Manuel from us.  After all, all three played great in pre season an d I still am ticked off that Manuel did not get the job.  He could win in Dallas until Romo returned.  For sure.  At least Ryan admitted he was out coached.  No way do they have more talent than us and we should have won.  But you cannot beat the bad calls also.  And there were a ton of them.  Calling back a 28 yd gain by our star back when they call a TE lined up a foot back of the line was just insane.  So too a pass interference that the announcers admitted should have been a no call.  It kept their TD drive alive.  And yet we still almost pulled it out if not for a hail mary to their go to guy within two minutes with the score 37-32.  We will bounce back and kick ass.  I am certain of it.  We will not get the same terrible ref team every week. Wait until they fuck your team.  So how did Baltimore get beat at the Raiders?  They are now 0-2.  So even with Tennessee getting shocked in Cleveland, its wide open for AFC wild cards and I think one goes to us.  Miami blew their game vs Jacksonville I see.  They must be going crazy down there.  I will take the early 2 points with the Bills to roll  them

Why would we want either of those two bums??? ;) 

I'm sure that IF they look elsewhere for a qb, they already have someone in mind.  Their scouting department has done a fantastic job finding players that fit their system for other positions.  We should have a time table for Romo's return today or tomorrow at the latest.  At least it wasn't his throwing shoulder....

Why would we want either of those two bums??? ;) 

I'm sure that IF they look elsewhere for a qb, they already have someone in mind.  Their scouting department has done a fantastic job finding players that fit their system for other positions.  We should have a time table for Romo's return today or tomorrow at the latest.  At least it wasn't his throwing shoulder....

Bums is a bit harsh for Manuel.  Maybe not for Cassel.  But you are in the category of a Manuel or Christian Ponder right now fellas so do not think otherwise.  Not so easy to juse go rent a good QB.   You will learn soon enough

Hey LZFan,

Rexy did a heck of a job yesterday.  To be down 37-13 and come roaring back to almost tie it....if the Pats don't intercept that late throw, we might be having a totally different convo this AM!!!

Bills looked good.

My take is far different than yours.  This team is LOADED with talent.  I would fire the fucker today!!!  We gave up 400 yards with the bets defensive unit in the game. He cant coach a woman's fucking softball team

I'm looking at the Pats schedule right now & I'm wondering, who in the hell can beat this team. This might be another 16-0 run by the Pats--as much as some of us may dislike the Patriots, you can't deny their greatness, and looking at the schedule, I'm thinking the Pats could easily run the table....

Green Bay + the points helped me to half-ass salvage my parlays that crashed and burned yesterday. The question is, do I regroup and wait for college and NFL later in the week, or lay some scratch on tonight's game.

The elephant in the room in Dallas is that there is a quarterback who sits out there with a playoff win in his belt who is probably sitting by the telephone begging for Jerry Jones to call.

I speak of Tim Tebow of course. You know how Jerry Jones likes to make a splash and loves star power. Signing Tebow would suck the oxygen out of the rest of the NFL as the media would flock to Dallas.

Would Jerry Jones do that to his team? Can he resist the Tim Tebow circus?

Edited by Strider

The elephant in the room in Dallas is that there is a quarterback who sits out there with a playoff win in his belt who is probably sitting by the telephone begging for Jerry Jones to call.

I speak of Tim Tebow of course. You know how Jerry Jones likes to make a splash and loves star power. Signing Tebow would suck the oxygen out of the rest of the NFL as the media would flock to Dallas.

Would Jerry Jones do that to his team? Can he resist the Tim Tebow circus?

Seriously?  What about Tim Tebow's game would be of interest to the Cowboys?  

Rick, didn't you see the ;) at the end of my sentence?  I was pulling your leg...who knows who they'll pick up for their back-up now.  It could stay in house, or they might already have had someone in mind.  It's not like this scenario wasn't already a decent possibility of happening.  They are not a "fly by the seat of their pants" organization.

WTF Paul?!? After the Saints and Seahawks, the Dolphins are probably the most disappointing team so far...especially defensively. Now this news comes out about Ndamukong Suh:

http://www.businessinsider.com/ndamukong-suh-dolphins-disaster-2015-9

It seems like ever since the "Incognito" mess, Joe Schmow the coach has no control of that team anymore. I'm guessing this will be another 6 or 7 win season for the Fins, and maybe after that the plug will finally be pulled on Philbin...

Seriously?  What about Tim Tebow's game would be of interest to the Cowboys?  

Rick, didn't you see the ;) at the end of my sentence?  I was pulling your leg...who knows who they'll pick up for their back-up now.  It could stay in house, or they might already have had someone in mind.  It's not like this scenario wasn't already a decent possibility of happening.  They are not a "fly by the seat of their pants" organization.

Just fooling around, Walter. Tebow is always good for a laugh. I don't think the Cowboys would really do that to their team.

The Seattle Times has an extra section on the Seahawks/Packers game. Jeez, you'd have thought the president had been assassinated with them now being 2 and 0. <_<

Ummm, that's 0 and 2...and it's too early to panic. Seattle hasn't even played a home game yet. Starting out 0-2 on the road isn't that big a deal in the NFL.

I'm looking at the Pats schedule right now & I'm wondering, who in the hell can beat this team. This might be another 16-0 run by the Pats--as much as some of us may dislike the Patriots, you can't deny their greatness, and looking at the schedule, I'm thinking the Pats could easily run the table....

Please.  /They will not get the fucking mafia to officiate every game and they will have their day.  Jacksonville might beat them if they go in there napping.  Their defense is not shit. We moved and scored on them.  A little D and they are Done

Walter, no QB yet?

And why hasn't Rex Ryan fired that sack of shit that is our D destroyer

I  think Week 5, Walter's Boys play the Pats--I would feel a lot better about Dallas' chances if Romo were playing, but we shall see.

As for tonight, I have zero interest in this game--how the hell do the Jets keep getting all these primetime games anyway? Does someone in that organization have incriminating photos of Roger Goodell?

I  think Week 5, Walter's Boys play the Pats--I would feel a lot better about Dallas' chances if Romo were playing, but we shall see.

As for tonight, I have zero interest in this game--how the hell do the Jets keep getting all these primetime games anyway? Does someone in that organization have incriminating photos of Roger Goodell?

This is a GREAT POINT YOU MADE PAUL!!!!!  I said this last year.  How in hell do they get it?  They suck.  They have Fitz who will put up some points but will in my opinion finish last.  I took Indy minus 8 and over 46 1/2

No surgery for Romo.  Should be out for 8 weeks.  Weeden will start and the former Lions backup, Moore, is being looked at as coming up from the practice squad.  Garrett says they are always looking to better the team and the backup situation will be officially revealed later this week.  Moore knows the offense after working with the OC in Detroit for a few years.  That's why they picked him up after his release.  Dez is laughing at the reports that he'll be out 10-12 weeks, Cowboys say he's still on track to come back after 6-8 weeks.  IF they get by Atlanta this week at home and then New Orleans next week on he road, they should still be fine.  Hopefully that's how it'll play out before they get Hardy and Rolando McClain back the week of the Pats game.  If Sean Lee continues to play like yesterday, that defense is going to be really special.  Gregory should be back after the bye week.  I'm pumped at how these guys have come together and how the "next man up" attitude is in full effect!   How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!!