2015 NFL Thread

Walter

F the unis. Typical NFL response...try to dress a pig up in silk. Forget about the fancy-pants uniforms...schedule better matchups on Thursday and more people will watch.

agreed!  I can't believe they now have control over what uniform style a team wears!  Sells more product and leaves tradition in the dust...

agreed!  I can't believe they now have control over what uniform style a team wears!  Sells more product and leaves tradition in the dust...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/08/05/the-nfls-uniform-rules-border-on-ridiculous/

The paragraph on shoes alone is nearly 400 words, the same length as MLB’s entire uniform policy.

:blink: 

Ha. You think that's bad. Take a look at the NBA. They're basically forcing them to wear T-shirts. 

LeBron got so pissed he ripped his sleeves open against the Knicks.

Man, how bad are the Patriots going to smash the Taters today?  :rolleyes:

We are even having people over to watch.  That never happens.  I'm sure the other 3 will be rooting for the major upset.  I'll be laughing...

Man, how bad are the Patriots going to smash the Taters today?  :rolleyes:

We are even having people over to watch.  That never happens.  I'm sure the other 3 will be rooting for the major upset.  I'll be laughing...

Vegas made Patriots 14 point favourites. That's the largest spread of the season so far. But remember...everyone thought the Patriots were going to crush the Colts and they barely escaped with a win, thanks to a brain-fart by the Colts coach/not-so-special teams.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. I know some people who are taking the 14 points and betting the Taters. Maybe New England takes Washington lightly...there isn't really a history or rivalry between these two teams. There's no special reason for the Patriots to work up an anger or hate for the Taters as they do for certain other teams they like to destroy.

Vegas made Patriots 14 point favourites. That's the largest spread of the season so far. But remember...everyone thought the Patriots were going to crush the Colts and they barely escaped with a win, thanks to a brain-fart by the Colts coach/not-so-special teams.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. I know some people who are taking the 14 points and betting the Taters. Maybe New England takes Washington lightly...there isn't really a history or rivalry between these two teams. There's no special reason for the Patriots to work up an anger or hate for the Taters as they do for certain other teams they like to destroy.

I don't think it's specifically the Taters they hate.  I think it's the entire NFL.  They're determined not to lose to anyone this season.  It's a big Fuck You to Roger Goodell.  And I'm totally behind them on this!

Something tells me I should have rolled with the Panthers today... -_-

It's still early, Paul...I'm sure Rogers will put some points up for Green Bay.

I love the way more teams are going for the 2-point conversion with the PAT rule change. Steelers went for it and got it...and it was only in the first quarter.

I'm not even wasting my time with Fins/Bills--watching the Packers game instead....

Why?  Miami put up a good fight for quite a while.  The return of the Bills star backs was the difference.  They now look like the team we expected.  Must beat the Jets and then go into New England and surprise.  can be done.  I now need the Giants at 4 pm.  To me the most shocking point spread of the year.  How in hell can the Giants only be favored by 2 1/2 over Tampa?  I am going to find out, my money is on the table

The battle for the week is between Andy and Walter...each only have one loss so far and all their remaining games are the same EXCEPT one: Dallas vs. Philadelphia. Andy has the Eagles and Walter has the Cowboys. Whoever wins that game wins the week...nobody else can catch up no matter what happens in the other games.

Enjoy the Cowboys vs. Eagles Andy & Walter!

This just in...Bong-Man is also tied with Andy and Walter and he has Philadelphia. So it is down to Andy and B-M versus Walter in the Philly @ Dallas game for the week.

Archived