2015 NFL Thread

Walter

And then there were two.

Who will be the last team undefeated? Vote.

New England Remaining Schedule:

Wk 11 Vs Buffalo

Wk 12 @ Denver

Wk 13 Vs Philadelphia

Wk 14 @ Houston

Wk 15 Vs Tennessee

Wk 16 @ NY Jets

Wk 17 @ Miami

Carolina Panthers Remaining Schedule:

Wk 11 Vs Washington

Wk 12 @ Cowboys (Thanksgiving)

Wk 13 @ Saints

Wk 14 Vs Falcons

Wk 15 @ NY Giants

Wk 16 @ Falcons

Wk 17 Vs Buccaneers

Carolina's schedule looks pretty nice.  I don't think Romo will come back "guns blazing" and to me, that is the game Carolina would be most likely to lose.

For the Pats, I think they win Houston, Miami and the Jets.  They could lose any of the others, and they are really hurting on personnel.

Put the Bengals on in Prime Time and they turn into the Bungholes. :bagoverhead:

And look what the NFL is serving up Thursday night: Tennessee at Jacksonville! :blink: Puke.

I think New England could run the table if that was their main objective. But with these injuries, I think their priority is making sure they are primed for a Super Bowl run, not finishing 16-0 in the regular season. Looking at the schedules, I could see both Carolina and New England losing in Week 12...Carolina at Dallas and New England at Denver.

^^ Yes, Pats at Denver could be one for the loss column, except for Denver maybe benching Peyton for that game as well. And even if Peyton starts, what's to say that his recent swoon will continue for that game--I forget the exact number, but wasn't Manning 5 for 20 in Denver's lost to KC? 

To say that was a poor performance would be an understatement....

^^ Yes, Pats at Denver could be one for the loss column, except for Denver maybe benching Peyton for that game as well. And even if Peyton starts, what's to say that his recent swoon will continue for that game--I forget the exact number, but wasn't Manning 5 for 20 in Denver's lost to KC? 

5  for 20 with 4 interceptions for a QBR of 0.0 Yes, it was dreadful. He needs to step back and rest. This season is definitely the end for Peyton. But the Green Bay game showed what he can do with a week's rest, so the Denver game isn't a gimme for New England. Not yet, at least. Now, if Peyton sits out that game, then yes, the Patriots will win.

Nice to have you rooting for my team, but if you are talking about the Collins near interception of Brady - this was simply a dropped ball, never ruled a fumble. Now, the Beckham touchdown that was reversed - I do feel the ball was slapped out after both feet touched the ground, and he had possession. Could have done a better job securing it, though...

Anyway, this game was lost, but showed the Giants have just enough to hang with the best teams - if they happen to make the playoffs.

Every sports talk show I have watched say the Giants were robbed.  I know they were robbed.  You have to be blind to not know it.  The Zebra's are going nuts with bad calls.  The Eagles/Dallas game, the Bills'/Jacksonville game on the call on Roby, and the bullshit two TD's they called back on us vs the Giants.  Its just ridiculous.  One guy I heard blames the bad rules of the game now.  They totally fucked up changing the kickoff and taking the return away.  If this is the NFL any of you like then something is very wrong.  In the 70's the game was far better. 

Hey Rick - you want to talk about a team getting hosed by the refs?  How about the Ravens???  No one is moaning about that though.  And that's one that could actually be overturned, but it won't be.  

I, however, will not be constantly complaining about it.  

Every sports talk show I have watched say the Giants were robbed.  I know they were robbed.  You have to be blind to not know it.  The Zebra's are going nuts with bad calls.  The Eagles/Dallas game, the Bills'/Jacksonville game on the call on Roby, and the bullshit two TD's they called back on us vs the Giants.  Its just ridiculous.  One guy I heard blames the bad rules of the game now.  They totally fucked up changing the kickoff and taking the return away.  If this is the NFL any of you like then something is very wrong.  In the 70's the game was far better. 

:blahblah:

More BS!

I almost forgot, Romo is back this coming Sunday--whether or not that translates to victory is another thing. I think the only shot the Boys would have in that sorry division would be to run the table these last 7 games & I just don't see that happening....

:mellow:

I don't see them running the table either - but do you really think the division winner will be 9-7?  I'm thinking 8-8 will get it done.  IF the Cowboys win this weekend, they are only 2 games out of first - with the same divisional record as the Giants.  Personally at this point I'd love to see a 2-14 season with the 1st overall draft pick in April/May.

I can see Pats running the tables with Denver as a possible speed bump. Panthers schedule looks like it has some decent teams. Dallas is no slouch. And the Skins lit up last week. Any given Sunday. What drives me crazy is, let's say the Pats are undefeated in Week 17 and they bench everyone and lose. :P

5  for 20 with 4 interceptions for a QBR of 0.0 Yes, it was dreadful. He needs to step back and rest. This season is definitely the end for Peyton. But the Green Bay game showed what he can do with a week's rest, so the Denver game isn't a gimme for New England. Not yet, at least. Now, if Peyton sits out that game, then yes, the Patriots will win.

Seriously guys, I already posted his stats days ago. Don't forget the paltry 35 yards.

And Strider, don't doubt Brock Osweiler before you see him start a game. 

I heard he did great in the preseason, and the way Peyton's played all season (I believe he has a worse passer rating than all eligible starting QB's except Ryan Mallett, who is currently unemployed), Osweiler could potentially perform better than Manning.

He's certainly got him beat in one category: at 6' 8", he's three inches taller than Peyton Manning, which is saying something, haha.

So, is anyone here going to watch the potential stinkfest the NFL is serving us tonight? These Thursday games are usually bunk anyway, but this might take it to a whole new level.

In any event, I'm sure the ratings for this game will still be pretty high--the NFL is king in the USA, so they can still get away with garbage matchups like this on any given weeknight....

So, is anyone here going to watch the potential stinkfest the NFL is serving us tonight? These Thursday games are usually bunk anyway, but this might take it to a whole new level.

In any event, I'm sure the ratings for this game will still be pretty high--the NFL is king in the USA, so they can still get away with garbage matchups like this on any given weeknight....

Not planning on it - gonna be packing up for our trip to South Florida tomorrow!  Weather does not look good - which SUCKS!!!!

No, the race and game will be about the same time.  We thought about it, but with our driver in the championship hunt we'd rather be at the race.  I'm wondering how much Cowboys presence will be at our hotel though, since we aren't that far from the stadium.

Seriously guys, I already posted his stats days ago. Don't forget the paltry 35 yards.

And Strider, don't doubt Brock Osweiler before you see him start a game. 

I heard he did great in the preseason, and the way Peyton's played all season (I believe he has a worse passer rating than all eligible starting QB's except Ryan Mallett, who is currently unemployed), Osweiler could potentially perform better than Manning.

He's certainly got him beat in one category: at 6' 8", he's three inches taller than Peyton Manning, which is saying something, haha.

And CBS posted Peyton's stats during the game, which is where I first noted them. If you're one of those people who look for credit and a pat on the back for every post, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

As for Brock Osweiler, I don't doubt he can be better than Peyton was last week. I doubt whether he can be better than a healthy Peyton Manning...say, the way he was against Green Bay. 

But Denver is in a spot now where they have to play Brock. Peyton is finished...whether he plays again this year or not, this is his last season in Denver. He will either retire or some pathetic team like Jacksonville or Houston will sign him in desperation.

So Denver needs to see what Brock can do before the next draft comes up. If Brock is a bust, then they know they have to draft a qb or acquire one thru trades/free agency.

Either way, Peyton Manning as Denver's QB in 2016 is not an option.

Let me be as clear as can be...NO!!!

No, the race and game will be about the same time.  We thought about it, but with our driver in the championship hunt we'd rather be at the race.  I'm wondering how much Cowboys presence will be at our hotel though, since we aren't that far from the stadium.

Is this Gordon's last race? Is he in the hunt for the Winston Cup?

Is this Gordon's last race? Is he in the hunt for the Winston Cup?

Yep.  If Gordon finishes the highest out of he, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick and Martin Truex then yes he will win his 5th championship and will walk off as the champ.  He will be a broadcaster for FOX next year.  You know who I'm rooting for....

I'll at least check in tonight...see if it's a game.  I like watching young qbs.

The Lions are no longer a gimmee in the pool.  They may actually win one or two of the next four.  

It's that time of year when injuries mount up, and rosters get exposed.  GB loses 3 in a row and looked pathetic doing it.  When Peterson gets 100 yds, the Vikings have a chance in every game.  Bridgewater is limited, but they never ask him to do what he can't.  It shall be interesting.  Sure was fun hearing all of those boos rain down on the Packers last week, and the wtfs from Rodgers.

I'll at least check in tonight...see if it's a game.  I like watching young qbs.

The Lions are no longer a gimmee in the pool.  They may actually win one or two of the next four.  

It's that time of year when injuries mount up, and rosters get exposed.  GB loses 3 in a row and looked pathetic doing it.  When Peterson gets 100 yds, the Vikings have a chance in every game.  Bridgewater is limited, but they never ask him to do what he can't.  It shall be interesting.  Sure was fun hearing all of those boos rain down on the Packers last week, and the wtfs from Rodgers.

I still hope the Lions fire this bum of a coach.  No way should they be in this position after they had taken such big steps last year.  I hope they beat the Raiders and think they will, but its a tough call any time the Lions play.  Last week was a true shocker because they had shown no signs at all.  The coach must still  go IMO.  As for my boys, the coach has to have more variety on offense to win this game.  And win it we can.  We have the talent to beat them.  We cannot be outcoached badly and win it.  We must get the ball to McCoy.  And our D must play like they did to stop the Jets on that blocked punt. We won our last game up there, last game of season last year.  9-7 finish.  this team is due to say the least.  And regardless of the New England outcome I do believe a wild card is in reach.  We play Houston, Washington, at Philly, Dallas at home, all winnable games.  Walter is not talking smack now that his team is riding a 7 game losing streak.  I never imagined that.  They are not that bad.  Romo going down was huge but they should have found a way to win and especially the Tampa game.  

Archived