2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Man, the Packers just look like shit lately. Never thought I would see the day when an Aaron Rodgers lead squad would be a "quick out" in the postseason, but that's exactly what is going to happen....

I believe the "one and outs" in the post season will be

Packers

Patriots

Both are playing poorly at the wrong time. 

Seems like everyone--myself included--thinks the Hawks are going to ramrod Minnesota, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that game turned out to be a close contest. Would not shock me either, if the Vikings found a way to pull it out....

I am picking Seattle but the thing that has me worried is the NFL did Seattle no favours by scheduling the game at 1pm ET...that's 10am PST. History is rife with West Coast teams starting those type of games sluggish as their body clocks are out of whack. Minnesota could take advantage and jump on them early.

They played Minnesota at the same time earlier this season and Pete Carroll brings the team in on Friday to get acclimated.  Still, I agree.  They should have the east coast game at 1pm eastern and not the team playing in the central time zone essentially playing at noon there.  Stupid.  Also, why are both AFC games on the same day and then both NFC games on the same day?  They have always had one of each on both days.  

I thought it was kind of strange last Sunday when FOX showed the end of an AFC game in our neck of the woods as bonus coverage.  Don't remember that ever happening before ?

I wouldn't rule out the Vikings based on their previous meeting....ask the Packers.  Bridgewater's the biggest enigma in the playoffs to me.  He's quirky and tough to assess.  Every time it looks like he's outmatched, he somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat.  The one thing that scares me about him is people under-estimate his ability to run down the field Cam Newton style.  He's just as physically capable as Wilson of taking off from the pocket to make something out of nothing.  The Vikings need some more plays designed to take advantage of that in the playoffs.  Fake it to Peterson and take off running Teddy !          

I agree, Teddy can run.  However, I don't think I'd want to send him running with those Seahawks linebackers and safeties ready to snot-bubble him!   

The Green Bay game is very intriguing.  First, I hate both - but that aside - have you ever seen Rodgers play as poorly as he has been the past month or so?  That pick in the end zone vs. the Vikes is a perfect example.  How does he even throw the ball in that direction, in double coverage, with 5-7 open yards in the end zone, in the opposite direction?  I think the Redskins are vastly overrated.  But I think I have to pick them at home....  Yuck!  I saw the Redskins signed Cary Williams to help out their secondary.  The Cowboys knocked a starter and a backup, in the secondary, out of their last game - so that's why they need some depth there.

Pittsburgh should stomp the 'nati.  But they haven't looked very good the past couple of weeks and now Williams has a hurt foot.

You would think Kansas City on a ten-game winning streak should walk all over Houston (how in the Hell did they even make the playoffs with all of their injuries, etc?) - but with JJ playing for the Texans, all bets are off.  He could take control of the entire game single handedly.

The four road teams definitely could upset the home teams this weekend...

St Louis has been named a "2 sport town" in the application to the return of the Rams to LA.  It certainly seems the more likely scenario now and I am for it.   

Here are the teams I like this weekend.     Cincy(with either QB), Houston ( to beat them out right),  Washington ( a gift),  Seattle   (toughest game to really pick IMO

Seattle plays their A game and Vikings are dead.  But if not, this could be an upset.  I stand by Houston, Washington and Cincy in the other games.  The Steelers could barely beat Cleveland.  Cincy to me is the best rounded team in the AFC.  But Dalton would certainly be a big help.  I believe Houston will win a very low scoring game and their defense can be the difference.  Brady can spout off all he wants.  They are going to be in for a fight.   The Cardinals are going to be very tough to beat anyway, and I think they win their first Super Bowl.  I guess many in St Louis will be cheering them on.  Must be confusing being a St Louis fan of football.  Do you like the Cardinals or the Rams?  And now I believe the Rams may be going back home.  Lets hope so.  Many think Rogers is the difference in the GB game.  Why?  Who will he throw to?  Himself?  The Redskins are getting no respect because they are new to this.  Thus you get a very pretty price if you like them.  I love them in this game

This looks like a very interesting weekend coming up in the NFL. Will the Bungles finally get the monkey off their back and do something big in January--I wouldn't bet money on it. 

I could see a few upsets coming--although I'm not sure if Green Bay winning would be an upset. I'm not sure what the odds are on that game--but like I said before, the Pack have looked so bad the past few weeks, I think the Taters should take care of business.

Could the Chiefs possibly be a team that could knock off New England, if they advance. I look forward to the weekend...

Football-superbowl-smiley-emoticon.gif

^^^What team is your football avatar supposed to represent, Paul? I am not familiar with team Z.

St Louis has been named a "2 sport town" in the application to the return of the Rams to LA.  It certainly seems the more likely scenario now and I am for it.. 

The Cardinals are going to be very tough to beat anyway, and I think they win their first Super Bowl.  I guess many in St Louis will be cheering them on.  Must be confusing being a St Louis fan of football.  Do you like the Cardinals or the Rams? 

What a bunch of poppycock. Who does St. Louis think they're fooling? Nothing was wrong with St. Louis when the Rams were going to and winning Super Bowls there. A 2-sport town? Besides baseball do they mean basketball? Hockey? I bet Rams TV ratings in St. Louis are more than basketball and hockey combined. Stay the fuck out of L.A...we don't want you back.

Hockey, Sean.  The Blues are HUGE in St. Louis.  Where are these teams going to play in LA anyway?  It's all a bunch of horseshite as far as I'm concerned. 

Rick, you say Pittsburgh barely got by Cleveland - how about Cincinnati?  They barely got bye Baltimore!   

^^^Not to mention that Steeler coach Tomlin has a Super Bowl ring while Bungles coach Marvin Lewis has doodly-squat.

I recognize the Blues popularity in St. Louis but still find the Rams' reasoning far-fetched. Plus, there are still zero NFL stadiums ready to go in L.A. at this point in time.

Tomlin will have his team prepared.  If Williams plays, it's all over, Pittsburgh wins.  Their defense is pretty young and very quick, as I've been saying all season.  Either way, I have to go with Pittsburgh.  Something like 24-14.  

19 minutes ago, Walter said:

Adam Gase to be named the new head coach of the Miami Dolphins this afternoon.   Thoughts, Paul?

According to the article I read on ESPN, this will be the fourth hire by the Dolphins with a guy who has no prior head coaching experience. I don't know if that inspires any confidence in me, but at least they didn't hire Mike Shanahan. 

This Gase is supposed to be a QB guru, so maybe he can bring out the best in Tannehill--time will tell....

24 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Heh, I was thinking, my score for the game was pretty close too. I believe I had KC 27-10. I obviously overshot the points for Houston, who stunk up the joint big-time.....

Hah, they sure did. Feel bad for 'em, it's always embarassing  to get shut out in the playoffs. At home, no less.

But, I'm happy for the Chiefs, even if they are Denver rivals. Finally won a playoff game after 22 years. 

The last team they beat in the postseason was the Houston Oilers, haha.

Archived