2015 NFL Thread

Walter

What weather paul? All I see is sunshine in Buffalo.

there was what looked to be a snow shower before the game started!  I just glanced at it while trying to get some things done before the games started.  Grocery shopping ran late today - had to go to two different Publix markets in order to find Walter Jr's popcorn chicken that is his Sunday tradition....  

To answer your question, earlier, around 12, when I was watching NFL Network, there was what looked like light snow falling--apparently, it cleared up...

I bet Rick wishes a blizzard would open up on the Bungles now.

Hey look...EJ threw a TD pass! Olé Rick!

Is Arizona for real? We're about to find out...it's gut-check time.

Will Denver ever score another offensive touchdown? They've gone something like 24 or 25 consecutive drives now without scoring a TD...longest scoreless streak in the NFL.

For a brief moment, we had snow flurries on Long Island, NY. Enjoying the Jets totally owning the Redskins in the second half. Two teams with very solid defense and running games, but the Jets are looking to be the by far second best team in the AFC. Keep in mind I've never acknowledged the Bengals have ever really existed.

I'm guessing no matter what happens the rest of the season, 2015 will be Peyton Manning's career finale. And he'll have to be content with being just a 1-time Super Bowl champ--not sure why so many hold that one ring against him, but the Broncos certainly don't have enough to beat the Pats or even the Bungles in the playoffs...

I'm guessing no matter what happens the rest of the season, 2015 will be Peyton Manning's career finale. And he'll have to be content with being just a 1-time Super Bowl champ--not sure why so many hold that one ring against him, but the Broncos certainly don't have enough to beat the Pats or even the Bungles in the playoffs...

It is a product of the modern ESPN-ization of sports. Before ESPN, championships were still the goal, of course, but a great player was recognized aa a great player, regardless of how many championships he won.

Ernie Banks never won a championship yet was still the most beloved player in Chicago Cubs history. The same goes for Boston Red Sox Ted Williams.

ESPN has totally skewed and destroyed the focus and balance of sports.

^^ Yeah, I was just thinking--someone like Dan Marino or Charles Barkley would have loved only being a 1-time champion. And no one seems to slight Brett Favre's great career because he only had "one" ring. It is what it is, I suppose....

Forgot to add, I knew the Jag-wads would screw me over today... :rolleyes:

Archived