2015 NFL Thread

Walter

In the last race in Melbourne on Saturday there was a horse named Kaepernick who came in second last!? (See Horse Racing thread).

An omen?

So the Niners have lost their top two RB's and the "new" replacement didn't fire? I guess the reason they lost was Hayne's fault for being waived!? Schmucks.

And they shall dwell in the basement.

Really bad weekend for NY football, although both teams are still in playoff hunt. That was not the Jets team I know playing the Raiders. Maybe Geno Smith's mere presence on the field is a curse for their defense, also? They played the Patriots very well, just last week.

I guess the idea of a running QB in the NFL seems to have a very short shelf-life--at least in the case of Kaepernick and RG3. Russell Wilson is still doing fine, however.

I have to assume the benching of Colin is just going to sink the 49ers further into the abyss. Jim Harbaugh may be having a good laugh about that....

Lots of talk about the Lions trading Calvin Johnson today....Carolina or San Diego.  The Lions are too stupid to pull that off.

Even though they've caused their own problems, the Lions were fucked by Suh, Stafford, and Johnson being in the last drafts before pay was slotted.  Having all 3 on the payroll was a disaster waiting to happen.  They also currently have no one from the 2010 and 2011 drafts on their roster.  That's a one-way ticket out of the NFL for GM Mayhew.

I can't really get on Stafford too much.  He has limitations, but he's never had a running game or offensive line to speak of.  After Trent Dilfer, anyone can get you there with the right supporting cast.  I'm convinced he's headed home to Dallas or Houston when his contract runs out.

Lots of talk about the Lions trading Calvin Johnson today....Carolina or San Diego.  The Lions are too stupid to pull that off.

Even though they've caused their own problems, the Lions were fucked by Suh, Stafford, and Johnson being in the last drafts before pay was slotted.  Having all 3 on the payroll was a disaster waiting to happen.  They also currently have no one from the 2010 and 2011 drafts on their roster.  That's a one-way ticket out of the NFL for GM Mayhew.

I can't really get on Stafford too much.  He has limitations, but he's never had a running game or offensive line to speak of.  After Trent Dilfer, anyone can get you there with the right supporting cast.  I'm convinced he's headed home to Dallas or Houston when his contract runs out.

Your coach is a fucking moron.  And they had a good team going in the right direction for the first time in ages and they fucked that up.  Stuck my 3 team parlay up my ass sideways.  I took those assholes with 4 and a half points vs Kansas Shitty and they get blown out.   Unreal

JMO....but you seem to bet with your emotions.  That's bad.  The Lions taught me that over a generation ago.  You can't bet with emotion...no matter who you root for or hate.  Look at me....the Lions are 1-7....but I'm 7-1 !  If I bet against them the rest of the year, they'll be 3-13, and I'll be 13-3 !  I'm very proud of my delionization.  It's taken years.

Not sure what the point of the Broncos getting Vernon Davis from San Fran was. His play has been lackluster the past two seasons.

Besides, we've already got a veteran TE in Owen Daniels. 

Strange timing as well, because Daniels and Virgil Green had their best games of the season against the Packers on SNF.

I guess the idea of a running QB in the NFL seems to have a very short shelf-life--at least in the case of Kaepernick and RG3. Russell Wilson is still doing fine, however.

I have to assume the benching of Colin is just going to sink the 49ers further into the abyss. Jim Harbaugh may be having a good laugh about that....

I'm always hoping Wilson will get his clock cleaned by a linebacker.

49ers are in a sad situation, but maybe the new QB will create a spark.

JMO....but you seem to bet with your emotions.  That's bad.  The Lions taught me that over a generation ago.  You can't bet with emotion...no matter who you root for or hate.  Look at me....the Lions are 1-7....but I'm 7-1 !  If I bet against them the rest of the year, they'll be 3-13, and I'll be 13-3 !  I'm very proud of my delionization.  It's taken years.

Only in the case of Buffalo, guilty as charged.  

I was thinking about something Rick said a few days ago--about the shittyness (is that a word) of the Monday Night game. It seems to happen every year, that the primetime games give us, the fans, a less than spectacular matchup.

Of course, the Sunday Night game doesn't appear to be too hot either.

And Dolphins and Bills this Sunday--a battle for who will finish a distant 2nd to those damn Patriots... :rolleyes:

I was thinking about something Rick said a few days ago--about the shittyness (is that a word) of the Monday Night game. It seems to happen every year, that the primetime games give us, the fans, a less than spectacular matchup.

Of course, the Sunday Night game doesn't appear to be too hot either.

And Dolphins and Bills this Sunday--a battle for who will finish a distant 2nd to those damn Patriots... :rolleyes:

I believe we must and should beat Miami and the Jets at home.  If we do this we should have a big shot at a wild card, after NE we have Houston and another team we can beat.  As for Monday night am clueless as to why they put the Jets on two or three times every year?  and they put the Bears on and who wants to watch that team?   To the Bongman, his Lions were on the way to being a good team.  And then they blew it all up in one off season.  Unbelievable stupidity that comes from that owner.  Why has that coach not been fired I ask?  They keep losing coaches forever there.  I was not aware the Bills game was Sunday night.  That will be an interesting ride up the 90 at that hour of night.  I am glad I am not going to be part of that madness.  If they get it going, get their injured back and are set up for a wild card shot, I would consider going on Stub Hub and perhaps going to the Dallas game.  But I am pretty sure its already sold out and the scalpers will be merciless for that one

^^^But who will fire the Fords?

I believe we must and should beat Miami and the Jets at home.  If we do this we should have a big shot at a wild card, after NE we have Houston and another team we can beat.  As for Monday night am clueless as to why they put the Jets on two or three times every year?  and they put the Bears on and who wants to watch that team?   To the Bongman, his Lions were on the way to being a good team.  And then they blew it all up in one off season.  Unbelievable stupidity that comes from that owner.  Why has that coach not been fired I ask?  They keep losing coaches forever there.  I was not aware the Bills game was Sunday night.  That will be an interesting ride up the 90 at that hour of night.  I am glad I am not going to be part of that madness.  If they get it going, get their injured back and are set up for a wild card shot, I would consider going on Stub Hub and perhaps going to the Dallas game.  But I am pretty sure its already sold out and the scalpers will be merciless for that one

Because the Jets and Bears draw the ratings, Rick. The NFL loves the New York and Chicago markets.

I guess Strider and Bong-Man are right. The Giants have not beaten a good team, nor had a winning record in 3 seasons - yet they have 5 night games this season. I'm kinda embarrassed to have them on primetime so much for other fans to see, regardless of the injury excuses.

Archived