2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Jim Rome says Dan Bailey is a national hero for making that kick and ending that game!  :lol: 

I rarely agree with Rome, but he's right!  That game was brutal.  Which is several steps past dreadful...

Congrats Walter!

Merry Christmas Walter!!! That was some early Christmas gift Dallas gave you. In a season of woe, the one thing a team and its fans can hang its hat on is beating their hated rival. No matter what ESPN and other Johnny-come-latelys try to tell you, there has always been one true hated rival of the Cowboys and that is the Washington Redskins. To beat the Taters in Washington will be a memory that warms the cold winter nights of Dallas fans in this brutal season.

Seemed to be the weekend of missed field goals and extra-points, both college and pro.  When you throw 5 TDs and lose, I think it's safe to say you need some defensive help.  Trying to figure out what Jacksonville and Tennessee are going to do each week seems to be a pool mystery.  Lol...they're killing me !  What the heck was Washington's Jackson thinking last night on that punt return ?  He had a good 10-15 yards straight ahead, and he decides to run sideways then backwards ?....then he fumbles ?  That'll drive a coach nuts.  Who wins the NFC East is a mystery to me !  It's amazing we're already down to the final quarter of the season.     

Yes, I didn't see the whole game but tuned in to the last few minutes & that was a pretty bonehead play by Jackson last night--seemingly, no one wants to win that shitty NFC Least. Now, the Cowboys probably think they still have an outside shot at perhaps getting the crown. 8-8 probably could win it...

:wacko:

Well Paul, having won 2 out of the last 3 is a hot streak in the NFC LEast!  I also just read that if the Cowboys are still in it come time to play Buffalo, Romo has a shot at playing in that game.  With that said they have a game at Green Bay Sunday and then home against the Jets next week before even thinking about that possibility.  It just kills me to know that if Romo and Dez hadn't been injured, we'd easily be leading the division right now.  Whatever....reloading with some high draft picks to go along with this year's good draft could pay dividends next season.  That's the real hope here.

If we can win out I believe we make it.  Here is why.  Pittsburgh we already own tie breaker against because we have a better conference record and it will remain so if we win out.  AND, they must play at Cincy and Denver.  

You sure have a lot of faith in Pittsburgh falling to Denver for a guy who's been picking against my Broncos all season, no matter how shitty the opponent. :D

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.  Oakland should've been a "freebie" last December and look how that turned out for you.

Well I agree with you on that.  Dallas and their defense surprised me vs Wash.  But I think it may be a case of Wash being over rated.  We have a tough game at the Eagles who just beat New England in their back yard.  Though two of the TD's were picks on Brady taken to the house and the other one a blocked punt.  I think we can shut them down.  Its a pick game in vegas.  Buffalo is slightly favored on the money line.  We pretty much have to win all 4 I think.  Unless someone like KC stumbles which can happen.  Pittsburgh to me is the real target.  We own the tie breaker.  And they have a tougher schedule by far than KC.  They have to go to Cincy and have Denver.    We must beat the entire NFC east except the Giants.  If we are still alive when Dallas comes in, I like our chances.  

Looks like we may have a decent Thursday Night game tomorrow. And is it just me or is there a lot of mediocrity in the NFL right now, and a lot of mediocrity perhaps come playoff time with whoever wins the NFC East and the AFC South will actually get to host a home playoff game.

It may open up the old can of worms about whether or not the league should change the playoff format....

Well I agree with you on that.  Dallas and their defense surprised me vs Wash.  But I think it may be a case of Wash being over rated.  We have a tough game at the Eagles who just beat New England in their back yard.  Though two of the TD's were picks on Brady taken to the house and the other one a blocked punt.  I think we can shut them down.  Its a pick game in vegas.  Buffalo is slightly favored on the money line.  We pretty much have to win all 4 I think.  Unless someone like KC stumbles which can happen.  Pittsburgh to me is the real target.  We own the tie breaker.  And they have a tougher schedule by far than KC.  They have to go to Cincy and have Denver.    We must beat the entire NFC east except the Giants.  If we are still alive when Dallas comes in, I like our chances.  

So do I.  You guys should do fine this weekend against Philly.  They were extremely fortunate last weekend against New England.  Shady McCoy should have a HUGE game this week.

So does Adrian get 125 yards tonite...or 25 ? 

somewhere in between.  I think he's good for about 100 total yards and a touchdown.  About 60-70 rushing.  The Cards should put them behind early.  The Vikes D is banged up.  Nothing you don't know already. 

somewhere in between.  I think he's good for about 100 total yards and a touchdown.  About 60-70 rushing.  The Cards should put them behind early.  The Vikes D is banged up.  Nothing you don't know already. 

Yep, I picked the Vikes to make the playoffs before the season started, but I also witnessed the Cardinals destroy the Lions earlier in the year.  Too many weapons for the Vikes.

I'm sorely tempted to change my pick for this Sunday Night's game. Even if the Pats fall to Houston, I still have to think they will be the odds on favorite to get to the Super Bowl come playoff time.

Looking at the top seeds in the AFC--I don't know if I trust Denver with Osweiler under center & like pretty much everyone else, I have zero trust in the Bungles come January...

Archived