2015 NFL Thread

Walter

I'm just wondering if this game will be worth watching tonight--I know the Jets have something to play for, in trying to secure a Wild Card spot & even the Boys might think they still have something to play for. Given that horrible division they are in, maybe 7-9 could win it--who knows...

smiley-confused013.gif

They flexed the schedule and instead of Bungles @ 49ers being the Sunday night game, it is Cardinals @ Eagles. Which surprises me...with an undefeated team and the New York market in play, I would have thought NBC would want Andy's Panthers @ Giants for tonight.

I'm sure the honeymoon period between Rex and the Bills fanbase was over several weeks ago, but seeing the score now, with the Taters smashing them in Washington, I wonder if the Bills fans will be crying out for his pinkslip at season's end.

I can hear Rick shouting all kind of profanities down here in Florida...

I'm betting on it, paul...I took the Giants plus 5 points.

Smh.  Cam is pounding them and with Washington beating up the Bills it looks the Redskins will be taking the NFC LEast lead with a 7-7 record.  

I know it's still early, but Osweiler is playing one hell of a game for the Broncos & unless I'm mistaken, a Denver win puts them back in front for that #1 seed...

They think this may be the final game ever played in San Diego?  But I hope the Rams return to LA.  

Ugly game with Beckham & Norman up in Met Life this afternoon... I got my oldest daughter a Beckham jersey for Christmas and now I wonder if I made a mistake. Hopefully that behavior was an anomaly... He always came across as a stand up kid with his head on straight.

Here's some quotes on what went down:

''Obviously he was on display, and we really got to see who he is. You go through the rigorous training we go through, and you go on the battlefield, you don't see the way a person is until you start playing the way you play. It goes to show you, man, that you can understand what kind of player this guy is, what he is. He's got the maturity of a little kid.'' - Panthers CB Josh Norman.

''You are a competitor. I'm a competitor. We are always going to go at it. Anybody who has played sports - you are competitive and you are going to go as hard as you can.'' - Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr.

''You got two bulls going at it in a physical sport, a field full of alpha males, they're not going to be playing patty-cake, patty-cake.'' - Panthers QB Cam Newton.

''Guys want to play well, guy want to win, it's important to them. So there's going to be some emotion and that's fine. You just got to be able to make sure it's being done the correct way, and make sure it's helping the team, and not ... anything to harm the team.'' - Giants QB Eli Manning

''You want me to take him out of the game? It was a consideration. In fact, it was a strong consideration. But it didn't happen ... because I didn't take him out.'' - Giants coach Tom Coughlin.

''That just goes to show you again he lost his composure.'' - Coughlin.

''We started to get scrappy for no reason. ... Just turn away and walk away. That'd have been a lot easier.'' - Panthers coach Ron Rivera.

''Any other defensive guy would have been thrown out of the game for that. The NFL would definitely step in there. I've never seen that in football. I can say a lot, but I'm not.'' - Panthers CB Cortland Finnegan.

''You can see (Beckham) wears it on his sleeve, he's going to show. I really like the battle with him and Josh, it was like Floyd (Mayweather) and (Manny) Pacquiao. It was a great matchup.'' - Giants CB Prince Amukamara.

That Pittsburgh/Denver game was something else!  

What an emotional ride today - (looks like) gonna be playing for 2 more fantasy championships next week out of 3 leagues.  Wild day with very close games!

They think this may be the final game ever played in San Diego?  But I hope the Rams return to LA.  

People need to stop with this bullshit! Puhhllease...enough with this fantasy of these teams going to Los Angeles. Especially with 2016 being an election year. No politician in St. Louis or San Diego is going to allow their football team to leave...they would never get reelected.

And we don't want any of these jokers playing in L.A. Not the Rams. Not the Chargers. Not the Raiders. Not the Vikings. And certainly not the Jaguars.

People need to stop with this bullshit! Puhhllease...enough with this fantasy of these teams going to Los Angeles. Especially with 2016 being an election year. No politician in St. Louis or San Diego is going to allow their football team to leave...they would never get reelected.

And we don't want any of these jokers playing in L.A. Not the Rams. Not the Chargers. Not the Raiders. Not the Vikings. And certainly not the Jaguars.

Then go tell FOX and CBS they are full of it.  Because they said you can bet your bottom dollar one of them is going to LA.  LA has been without a team for so long its just unimaginable given they are perhaps the top market in sports.   Accept it Strider.  you will sleep better

^^ I'm not saying this about you Rick, but I've never quite understood the fascination with the LA market--the NFL is already the undisputed king as far as sports go in the USA. The league has more money than they can possibly count, so why does the shield need Los Angeles. 

Besides, I've always felt the LA fanbase could give a shit about whether they had the NFL. Just thinking out loud...

:mellow:

Rick, where is this supposed L.A. team going to play? There is NO NFL stadium in L.A. - don't even think about the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl. Those two options are off-the-table...it's a non-starter. None of the other stadium proposals (next to Dodger Stadium, next to Staples Center, Hollywood Park, Irwindale, Carson) have neither the political nor financial capital to be ready in time for the 2016 season.

I keep telling you the NFL just uses L.A. as a threat to other cities to extort more money from city coffers to the NFL and their greedy owners. Fox and CBS and other broadcasters are just feeding people the NFL's propaganda.

Rick, where is this supposed L.A. team going to play? There is NO NFL stadium in L.A. - don't even think about the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl. Those two options are off-the-table...it's a non-starter. None of the other stadium proposals (next to Dodger Stadium, next to Staples Center, Hollywood Park, Irwindale, Carson) have neither the political nor financial capital to be ready in time for the 2016 season.

I keep telling you the NFL just uses L.A. as a threat to other cities to extort more money from city coffers to the NFL and their greedy owners. Fox and CBS and other broadcasters are just feeding people the NFL's propaganda.

I do not care if they play on the beach, they will have a team.   Lovin this game.  Oh when the Aints, go marchin in, Oh when the Aints go marchin in.  I wanna be in that number.  When the Lions kick their ass!!!   How about these Lions?  Best team that will not be in and will be next year if they just leave this team alone

Archived