2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Worry not Steeler nation, you shall be saved on the last day in Buffalo, NY.  The Bills have beaten the Jets 7 in a row and it will be 8.  No way are they coming in here and winning with Shitz.  They and KC are the worst two teams in a playoff position in recent memory.  The Jets will not make it, unless somehow the Browns manage to beat the Steelers, and I guess that could happen.  I am not sure if the Jets would still make it?  By losing in Buffalo which they shall.

^^ Rick, I've said it before & I'll say it again--I love your optimism. You don't give up on your team, even when it seems like all is lost.

So, I'm guessing if the Pats whoop the Dolphins next week, they will be the #1 seed--regardless of whether or not Cincy wins their last 2 games?

Lock the Pats for the #1 seed and also the Super Bowl, representing the AFC

I don't know how anyone could be optimistic about the Bills after they squeaked by my Cowboys yesterday.  From what I can see, Dallas will be in the 3rd-5th pick range - provided they don't do something stupid like beat Washington in Dallas on Sunday...

Went 1-1in our 2 FF Super Bowls yesterday.  OBJ, Antonio Brown, and how well the Cards defense played - which limited Palmer and Johnsons productivity - were the demise in the loss.  Oh well, Walter Jr and I are still having our champagne spraying celebration later in the yard.  That makes 3 championships in two years.  

Right on for the Rams. Nice to see them and Wilson get knocked around some. That hurdle was classic and the fumble recoveries were great.

"The Rams, they play good football against us," Michael Bennett said. "They just don't play good football against everybody else."

Shaddap, Bennett.

I think people are too impatient with some of this stuff.

Kelly's record for 3 years with the Eagles is 26 wins, 21 losses

Bellichicks first 3 years with the Pats was 25 wins, 23 losses.

Pete Carroll's first 3 years in Seattle was 25 wins and 23 losses.

Yes, it looked like PHI was regressing instead of progressing this season, but after New England won their first SB, they went 9 - 7.  I think it must take some time for the coach, players, schemes, all that, to just settle in and start to coagulate and run like a fine machine.  Today, if you're team isn't purring along in a season or two, WHACK...

Did Pete Caroll and the Hoodie get rid of their top receiver, top running back, and lose the lockeroom?  Nope.  Don't look at just the record.  

I get your point Walter.  But remember too, he was castigated for getting rid of Foles at first.  After a while, everyone didn't care because Foles turned out to be a one hit wonder.  

I think Kelly is either a "college only" coach, or a "late bloomer" and needs time to develop the team, staff, and scheme.  We will see where he lands and what comes next.

Archived