2015 NFL Thread

Walter

They're called the Bungholes for a reason and now their fans join them!  They are right up there with Philly fans.  What a disgrace this has been.  Will Pittsburgh even be able to compete next week against Denver?  Antonio Brown got jacked up big time, Big Ben is obviously not able to throw it very far.  The Bengals are a disgrace, simple as that!  

Who are the Buffalo Bills playing in the playoffs?  Oh, wait.  They did not make the playoffs because they could not even have a winning season.  Who was it that said that the Buffalo Bills and their defense was the best in the NFL? 

The last time the Buffalo Bills made it to the playoffs was last century.  1999 to be exact (16 years).  The longest playoff drought in the NFL.  I wonder how that sits with the one person on this forum who is the only Bills cheerleader and the one who espouses how great his team is, only to be wrong every year, year after year.  

For that person who talks a lot of nonsense and trash, that must suck beyond belief.  To hype his teams on this forum  and then to see his teams (Orioles included) do nothing when it really matters every year is actually funny.  The joke is on him.  Just wait until the 2016 Baseball season begins.  All the future hype about the Baltimore Orioles that he will spit will only be funny when the Orioles again fail to make any mark in the baseball season. 

I know that he will read this post, what I don't know is if he will have the "balls" to respond to this post.  I think that he will read this and NOT reply, because he will be too embarrassed or will not have a quick and snarky (and ignorant) reply to make. 

^^

If he's got half a brain, he'll just ignore you.

Just finished watching the end of the game.  Holy crap !  Can't honestly blame the refs for a single call.  I've never seen such stupidity by an NFL team, and that's from a fan of the other bung-hole team.  I hadn't even digested the stupidity of the lateral pass on the 2 point try, let alone the street punk crap and mistakes that followed.  I'd rather sit out the playoffs than deal with the memories of that atrocity for 6 months.

You will never go broke betting against the Bungholes.

But even I, inveterate Cincinnati and Marvin Lewis-doubter, was beginning to concede that maybe the Bengals had finally learned how to win in the playoffs when they took the lead 16-15 and then forced Pittsburgh to turn the ball over on downs with less than a minute to play. Surely, there was so little time left that not even they could screw this up?

But then the Bengals showed why they have earned the "Bungles"/"Bungholes" sobriquet. First came the fumble. Then the stupidity. Back-to-back personal fouls.

Pittsburgh, never one to look a gift-horse in the mouth, didn't even bother to run any more time off the clock...they got their kicker immediately out there to kick the field goal. Yes, there was still time on the clock for Cincinnati to maybe pull out a miracle, but Pittsburgh liked those odds better than risking Ben Roethlisburger or some other player getting clocked by some headhunting Bunghole.

By the end of the game, all you could do was laugh and shake your head...S.O.B. Same Old Bengals. 

Winter is going to be brutal in Cincinnati.

What wasn't a laughing matter was Antonio Brown. There was one horrific replay angle where you could tell he was unconscious immediately...his eyes rolled back in his head. I doubt he will be playing next week.

I see some people playing the Playoff contest have predicted Seattle scoring high numbers today. I wonder if they realize that the Vikings don't play in a dome anymore? The game is outdoors in freezing weather...the first home outdoor playoff game since 1976 for the Vikings.

And no Marshawn Lynch for Seattle.

^^ Yeah, I got Seattle winning big today, but I wouldn't blink if the score turned out to be a lot closer than I predicted--or, if somehow, the Vikes pull a miracle out of their ass.

As for the Bungles, some things never change--and yet, having said that, Marvin Lewis may still keep his job...

:rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

As for the Bungles, some things never change--and yet, having said that, Marvin Lewis may still keep his job...

:rolleyes:

Marvin Lewis. Jim Caldwell. Jason Garett. Rex Ryan. Why these cornholios still have jobs has got to be frustrating for their teams fans. Imagine if Dallas loses out on Sean Payton because of Jones' love affair with Garett and Payton ends up in New York, their division rival.

Belichick and Carroll are two of the brightest coaches in the NFL, but they both have made some recent decisions in games that leave you scratching your head and going "huh?"

4th and 13 and you don't kick the field goal, Pete? WTF.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

This might be a game where the first team to break double-digits will win. None of these offenses can get on track....

That's why I didn't understand people predicting Seattle to score 42 points or more. Look at the coldest playoff games in history and they were generally all low-scoring affairs.

16 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Heh,  I believe I had Seattle scoring about 35--but as I said in the playoff thread, I might be lousy at predicting scores & I believe I've proven that, so far....

You came the closest of anyone on the KC vs. Houston score.

Archived