2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Just now, ebk said:

This game is awful   I hate Peyton Manning.

So there

Strong words, I like it!   This game is heating up.  The fact New England is even in this after the way they've played is amazing.  Big stop on 3rd down by the Pats.

New England seemingly spent the entire fourth quarter in Denver's red-zone and came away with squadoosh. Until the end with that Gronkzilla 4th down miracle and then the touchdown. But that was a lame 2-point play the Patriots drew up.

Hard to believe Gostkowski missed that PAT that made the 2-point necessary. But then, if New England just kicks a field goal on any one of their two earlier drives to the red-zone it wouldn't have mattered.

New England's offensive line was terrible, which led to a shaky day for Brady. Belichick seemed off his game, too. Denver outcoached him. A little lustre off Belichick.

A Carolina-Denver Super Bowl would put me to sleep. Come on Arizona.

I was just about to write:  Denver vs. Carolina, but Peterson just breathed life into the Cardinals - only for Palmer to stomp it back out!  Like I was saying...Denver vs Carolina for all the marbles in two weeks.  A combined 2-6 in the Super Bowl for these two franchises?

15 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Should be a good Super Bowl--at least I hope. Carolina looks unbeatable right now, but that 2 week layoff could cool them down a bit--we shall see....

My friend who is a NE fan, says Belecheck blew it by not kicking the FG.  Denver's defense is very good.  I love the Super Bowl under.  The line is out.  Carolina -4 and 45 1/2.  NE cannot bitch.  They were handed last years Super Bowl by Seattle.  I believe Denver will make Newton's life miserable but Carolina will likely win because of Manning's lack of his former ability

15 hours ago, Strider said:

New England seemingly spent the entire fourth quarter in Denver's red-zone and came away with squadoosh. Until the end with that Gronkzilla 4th down miracle and then the touchdown. But that was a lame 2-point play the Patriots drew up.

Hard to believe Gostkowski missed that PAT that made the 2-point necessary. But then, if New England just kicks a field goal on any one of their two earlier drives to the red-zone it wouldn't have mattered.

New England's offensive line was terrible, which led to a shaky day for Brady. Belichick seemed off his game, too. Denver outcoached him. A little lustre off Belichick.

A Carolina-Denver Super Bowl would put me to sleep. Come on Arizona.

Well you will not need any valuum that night.  I am disappointed in Arizona.  In Palmer for throwing the ball all over the place.  Even when they had stopped them if that guy had not screwed up that punt return and fumbled, I think we would have had a game.  I said before the game that the winner of Carolina and the Cardinals game would simply walk all over the AFC winner.  I am not quite so sure now because I know Denver has a great defense, and Miller makes it that way.  To me  Von Miller was the best defensive pickup in the draft in the last ten years.  With him Denver has one heck of a defense.  And like John Madden said just before my Bills were upset by the Giants in Super Bowl XXV(hope I got that right), "I know that Buffalo team will be favored by a bunch of points, but anytime you have a great defense, you have a chance".  Of course he was referring to the Lawrence Taylor led Giants defense that had just upset the 49ers in the NFC title game, ruining a great shootout of Kelly vs Montana.  We know the rest.  Norwood set his place in history and that poor Minnesota kicker can now know how Norwood felt.  Denver has a defense that can shut down Carolina's offense and make this a game.  Peyton Manning had nothing to do with the Bronco's being here.  Nothing.  He was terrible but for a couple of plays yesterday.  Almost lost the game for them.  But the defense won that game.  Even that miracle play to Gronkowski that set up the TD was not enough.  And I really felt for a quarter that it would come down to that 2 pt conversion   I said to myself, they have sucked out again like in last years SB when Seattle blew the game on the one foot line with 4 downs and a minute of clock.  I could not believe they pulled off that 4th down play vs that defense.  Wade Phillips is just a monster of a D coordinator.  Great job and the game ball should go to him.  Tom Brady can go  call Rex Ryan and go get some chicken wings and watch the game together with Belecheck.  He is likely asking himself why he did not kick the damned FG?  Was it a lack of trust in his kicker after one missed extrea pt?  I doubt it.  More of a strategic thing.  I myself would have done the same thing he did.  You need a TD.  No matter what.  And no gaurantee you will make it down that deep in their end again.  So the NE whiners that are pointing a finger at Bill should ask themselves where they would be without him?

Soooo...once again New England fails to repeat as champions, something the acknowledged truly great dynastic teams have done...the 1960s Bart Starr-led Green Bay Packers, the 1970s Terry Bradshaw-led Pittsburgh Steelers (even the Miami Dolphins repeated), and the 1980s Joe Montana-led San Francisco 49ers.

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

Soooo...once again New England fails to repeat as champions, something the acknowledged truly great dynastic teams have done...the 1960s Bart Starr-led Green Bay Packers, the 1970s Terry Bradshaw-led Pittsburgh Steelers (even the Miami Dolphins repeated), and the 1980s Joe Montana-led San Francisco 49ers.

The Belichick/Brady led New England Patriots repeated in 2004-2005 and won 3 out of 4.. 2002 2004 2005. They've appeared in 6 Superbowls and 10 AFC title games. .. Last 5 in a row. That's dynasty material if you ask me.

1 hour ago, the chase said:

The Belichick/Brady led New England Patriots repeated in 2004-2005 and won 3 out of 4.. 2002 2004 2005. They've appeared in 6 Superbowls and 10 AFC title games. .. Last 5 in a row. That's dynasty material if you ask me.

I completely forgot about them repeating in 04-05...that was when they beat Carolina and Philadelphia back to back. How did I forget that? Bad error on my part.

Archived