2015 NFL Thread

Walter

18 hours ago, the chase said:

The Belichick/Brady led New England Patriots repeated in 2004-2005 and won 3 out of 4.. 2002 2004 2005. They've appeared in 6 Superbowls and 10 AFC title games. .. Last 5 in a row. That's dynasty material if you ask me.

Like the Blackhawks and the Kings in hockey, they have a spread out dynasty if you will.  Peyton Manning and Eli being the two guys in their way.  They did totally suck out vs Seattle.  Just an example of how sometimes you must also be lucky. Certainly this years matchup is not one to get really excited about.  An underachieving offense on Denver and if they win it will resemble the Ravens SB win over the Giants done all on defense.  That would be probably the second time in the games history that would be pulled off.  I personally think Carolina will win a low scoring game.  Shutting down Denver will not be that tough.  And Denver's defense has proved how good they are.    Carolina 22   Denver 13

One thing that could happen also is Newton having a case of the Super Bowl jitters.  I do not see that with Peyton who is battle tested under these conditions.  He does not possess the physical skills Cam does at this stage of the game.  If this happens, then Denver could pull it off

^Manning took a lot of crap this season. Almost as much as Brady.  People constantly saying he's all done.  

But Manning also got a pass for HGH being mailed to his home... Most people took him at his word, while many aren't taking Brady at his word. I think Manning could have admitted it and said "too bad! I had a broken neck"!

However, the NFL has turned a blind eye to this potential violation, but dock the Patriots 2 picks, give them a million dollar fine and have been on a crusade against Brady for over a year.. Not right.  Old news but a double standard is a double standard..

Manning proved he can still get it done even with limitations in his game. He shut a lot of people up. I was almost happy to see him play pretty well.

Not sure who I'm going to route for in the Superbowl. 

I still think he is all done, personally.  If he was in Brady's situation this year, he would've been lucky to win 3-4 games, IMO.  Brady made chicken salad out of chicken sh!t with the revolving door of injuries, etc.  You are correct, Manning didn't get grilled at all over the HGH story - mainly because who broke the story, IMO.  I could care less who wins the Super Bowl.  The only player I truly have a vested interest in is DWare.  It would be nice to see him win one, but I won't be upset if Carolina goes in a steam rolls Denver right out of the place.  They are the team with the most Super Bowl losses in NFL history might I add.  

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Can't root for the Broncos after they beat the Pats? ;) 

it's a win/win really
would be cool for carolina fans but great for manning (who i have always enjoyed watching)
i'll be happy either way, and hopefully shitfaced

28 minutes ago, Metta said:

it's a win/win really
would be cool for carolina fans but great for manning (who i have always enjoyed watching)
i'll be happy either way, and hopefully shitfaced

Hope you don't have to work on Monday!

It sucks the game is played on a Sunday night, IMO.

Well, I'm pulling for Denver--who I want to win--rather than who the better team is. But, 2 weeks is a lot of time in between the championship games and the Super Bowl--so, will all that time passed cool the Panthers off. I don't know if time off between games works against a team like it does in baseball, where we see teams who have a long layoff between the Championship Series and the World Series, generally do poorly.

At any rate, I won't shed any tears if the Broncos do lose....

14 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

One thing that could happen also is Newton having a case of the Super Bowl jitters.  I do not see that with Peyton who is battle tested under these conditions.

That's the same line of bullshit the so-called pundits said two years ago about Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks. Then they went in and pounded the fuck out of Denver. Super Bowl jitters, my ass.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

That's the same line of bullshit the so-called pundits said two years ago about Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks. Then they went in and pounded the fuck out of Denver. Super Bowl jitters, my ass.

Yeah, lets see those jitters when he is running through the line of scrimmage and into the secondary with guys half his size trying to tackle him!  Carolina will win this by at least 2 TD's, IMO. 

If Denver's D tears around the corners like they did to New England, I think we're going to see a very jittery and inexperienced Cam have a tough night.  Denver's D has got to do the heavy lifting in this one, Peyton is a genius at reading the defense and all that, but his arm is pretty soft.  Although Brady threw more than a few short in the game against Denver, made me think his arm was no trophy either.

I am picking Denver.  Peyton has got to be hungry enough to know "this may be my last rodeo" (as he said to BB after the game). 

14 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

If Denver's D tears around the corners like they did to New England, I think we're going to see a very jittery and inexperienced Cam have a tough night.  Denver's D has got to do the heavy lifting in this one, Peyton is a genius at reading the defense and all that, but his arm is pretty soft.  Although Brady threw more than a few short in the game against Denver, made me think his arm was no trophy either.

I am picking Denver.  Peyton has got to be hungry enough to know "this may be my last rodeo" (as he said to BB after the game). 

I agree with your take on the Denver defense making life miserable on Cam and if he has any SB jitters it makes it even tougher.  But you are overlooking the inability of Denver on the other side of the ball.  Carolina's D should make Denver's life miserable also.  I love the game under.  And I believe Carolina just has too much in the end and finds a way to win it.  I like Carolina in a low scoring game.  22-13

Everyone ready to watch the Super Bore?  It should be a defensive game.  I am going to predict the under will win.  If not, it means turnover will be abundant.  I just cannot see either team moving the ball at will.  And I cannot see Denver winning.

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM, in_the_evening said:

First of all, Carolina's offensive line should in no way be confused with the sieve New England's line was this year. Belichick got away with being cheap on the O-line last year, trading Logan away and all. But it came back to haunt them this year as the Patriots could neither run or protect Brady.

Carolina can run the ball and that neutralizes Denver's pass rush. Since Carolina is a run first team, and not a team that throws it 40 or more times a game, Von Miller and Demarcus Ware tearing around the ends won't have any detrimental effect on Carolina's game plan, as they like to pound it up the gut. Hell, they will welcome them coming in the backfield as the runner heads up the middle.

I like Carolina's defense to stop Denver's offense a little more than Denver's defense to stop Carolina. Hell, it's still mindblowing that the Patriots lost to Denver. 

Weather could have an effect on the game. The Bay Area weather is notoriously fickle any time of the year...it could rain and be windy as hell.

I'm with Rick as far as liking the under...and Carolina. Hopefully you got on Carolina early when the line was only -3.5 or -4. It's now up to -4.5 or -5 on some books and you could have to lay as much as 6 or 7 points before the end of next week if current betting trends continue...nearly 80% of the money is coming in on Carolina.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

First of all, Carolina's offensive line should in no way be confused with the sieve New England's line was this year. Belichick got away with being cheap on the O-line last year, trading Logan away and all. But it came back to haunt them this year as the Patriots could neither run or protect Brady.

Carolina can run the ball and that neutralizes Denver's pass rush. Since Carolina is a run first team, and not a team that throws it 40 or more times a game, Von Miller and Demarcus Ware tearing around the ends won't have any detrimental effect on Carolina's game plan, as they like to pound it up the gut. Hell, they will welcome them coming in the backfield as the runner heads up the middle.

I like Carolina's defense to stop Denver's offense a little more than Denver's defense to stop Carolina. Hell, it's still mindblowing that the Patriots lost to Denver. 

Weather could have an effect on the game. The Bay Area weather is notoriously fickle any time of the year...it could rain and be windy as hell.

I'm with Rick as far as liking the under...and Carolina. Hopefully you got on Carolina early when the line was only -3.5 or -4. It's now up to -4.5 or -5 on some books and you could have to lay as much as 6 or 7 points before the end of next week if current betting trends continue...nearly 80% of the money is coming in on Carolina.

I did not realize the game was in No Cal,  I thought Pasadena when I heard it was i Cal  Anyway the line has been 6 for 3 days and yes, I wish I had put in a bet early  I still like Carolina and under.  But I feel better about the under.  On 5 dimes you can buy its and I may put a flat on the under and buy it from 45 to 47.5

Strider is getting his LA Rams gear ready to watch the Bowl with!!  :lol:  And his tickets to the Bills game when they come there next year.  I really do not care much about this game but I would prefer to see Denver and Elway, who I cannot stand, win.  

That's a popular prediction.  I think RG3 is more of a possibility.  IF Manziel were to be brought in, then it's purely Jerrah interjecting himself on this team - which hasn't been the case the past couple of years.  It's been more of a group decision.  I just don't see anybody bringing him in until after rehab and any discipline the NFL might have for him concerning his off the field troubles this year - including the one in Ft Worth recently. 

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Watch Jerry Jones try to get him for the Cowboys. :hysterical:

I do not see this.  Romo is the guy.  He will take a backup position in any camp that would have him I am sure.  But he could come back to haunt them.   Never know.  Put him in the right situation.  He has proven he can throw.  And run.  I am not ready to call the guy a bust yet.  Cleveland never does anything right these days.  Hell, its sad.  A once respected franchise and when I grew up they were among the elite teams.  In the 1960s Cleveland was a power house.  Leroy kelly being the last of their great backs.  The NFL needs Cleveland to be good again.  It would help the sport like the re emergence of the Black Hawks in hockey.  But first I will try and get my Bills back to the dance.  They have the talent.  But is this clown going to come through?  Ryan of course. We must have the offensive line ready.  Add one receiver, and a linebacker.  Of course replace Mario, the bastard.  But we still have a solid 3 in Hughes, K Williams and Darius.  We will get in this time.  Count on it.  So will the Lions. 

Oh, is there a game this week?  I wonder if Cam is taking this Denver defense lightly?  He had best not.  They are the real deal.  Because of Von mainly.  He is a monster of a player.  If one expert writer is correct and Carolina is a run first team, and can run up the middle with success, it may be a long day for Denver.  If they can do that it takes the ends like Von Miller out of their comfort zone.  And then Denver must air it out.  Good luck.  Peyton should not be starting this game.  IMO.  But he is.  I will say what I said in 1969 about the Jets.  Denver has NO CHANCE.  Ha.  Now they do.  

In all seriousness, football should be the least of Johnny Manziel's concerns right now. Physically and especially mentally, he is not fit for professional football.

Can't any of his family and/or friends recognize a "cry for help" when they see one? Manziel is obviously deeply troubled and on a self-destructive spiral. What the fuck are his family waiting for...for him to die and then they can stand around and cluck "oh, if only we knew he was in trouble"?

Stop treating him as your meal-ticket and treat him as a son/brother/friend in dire need of help you fucking leeches!!!

The first step is to get him out of football. That dream is on hiatus until he can get right. There are plenty of other employment options. Playing in the NFL isn't a given or a right, it's a privilege you have to earn. Johnny Manziel hasn't earned it yet.

The second step is to get away from this girlfriend of his. I don't know him or her, but it is obvious they have a "toxic relationship" and it would be best for both of them to break it off and go their separate ways. Neither of them are probably mature enough to be in a relationship...she might even be one of those women who get a kick out of provoking their man to violence.

I have no rooting interest in Johnny Manziel as a player. I am no Texas A & M fan and certainly no Cleveland fan. I didn't care for Johnny Football and all that entailed.

But it makes me sad when a young man fritters away so much away and is clearly suffering psychologically and nobody in his inner-circle can see beyond their self-interests to get the kid some real help. If this ends badly for Manziel, they will all have his blood on their hands.

Right now, the last place I want to see him is on a football field. He should be in a doctor's care.

^^^No response?

I'm not feeling any buzz for this Super Bowl. No juice...no excitement. In all the years of the Super Bowl, the ones I cared about the least were the 2001 game between Baltimore and the Giants (didn't watch a second...spent the day at the beach with my girlfriend) and the 2007 Colts vs. Bears yawn in the rain.

This year's is right up with those ones, in my opinion. I don't care about either team, their cities, the players, even the coaches hold no interest. I love San Francisco but the Super Bowl is actually being played an hour and a half away in the sleepy burg of Santa Clara. The NFL needs to brush up on its geography.

Even the halftime show is a sleeping pill this year with those bland, boring Brit tossers Coldplay. 

Maybe an earthquake will hit and swallow Coldplay whole. That's the only possibility of excitement I see entering this Super Bowl.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^No response?

I'm not feeling any buzz for this Super Bowl. No juice...no excitement. In all the years of the Super Bowl, the ones I cared about the least were the 2001 game between Baltimore and the Giants (didn't watch a second...spent the day at the beach with my girlfriend) and the 2007 Colts vs. Bears yawn in the rain.

This year's is right up with those ones, in my opinion. I don't care about either team, their cities, the players, even the coaches hold no interest. I love San Francisco but the Super Bowl is actually being played an hour and a half away in the sleepy burg of Santa Clara. The NFL needs to brush up on its geography.

Even the halftime show is a sleeping pill this year with those bland, boring Brit tossers Coldplay. 

Maybe an earthquake will hit and swallow Coldplay whole. That's the only possibility of excitement I see entering this Super Bowl.

Agree.  The one i could not even watch was when SF eat Denver with Montana.   What a mismatch.  I thin Denver's D can make it a game here.  But Carolina should win.  No lock after what the 69 Jets did

8 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^No response?

I completely agree.  It's one of those years where I don't care who wins.  I'll still watch and we are having some friends over earlier in the day, until halftime since it's a school night and they have 3 kids.  But other than DWare, I have zero interest in this game.  As far as the halftime show, WTF?  The 50th anniversary and that's all they could get?  At least the national anthem should be a good one!

I'm pulling for Peyton to get ring #2, but I also have an uneasy feeling that this game could be another 43-8 type smashing, with Denver being on the wrong end of it (again). I don't know if the 2 week layoff has cooled off the Panthers in any way--I guess I'll know by Sunday...

Archived