Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Danijel Kovacic

Black dog (short cover - riffs)

Cool, on the first riff on the sustained bit you can sometimes hit the g on the sixth string, then either bend it up to an a or slide to the a on the 5th fret for the authentic Jimmy sound. It is clear as day to hear on the deluxe version. It also gets you back around the 5th fret for the second riff.

No worries, give it a try, you'll like it. It's not there on the first couple of runs through of the first riff I don't think, just a double strike of the A chord, but he uses it on the studio recording to slide up to the second riff, from then on he adds it to the first riff on each run through, it helps fill the 'gap' between the riffs. Have a listen to the studio, or particularly the version on the deluxe disc, and see what you think.

One thing that I never do is to play like somebody else I always try to play "my style" because each player have different aproach, and Its always good to keep some of your own in any song

It wasn't criticism, it was just something you can add or not, your call. It sounds great as is.