Locations for late summer and fall '75 shows?

pujols05

Going through the book that accompanied the PG SDBS, I was reminded that the band was going to tour the U.S. in August and September, plus "Far East" in October, Europe in November, and Japan in November.

The PG book (with other detail from Robert Godwin's The Press Reports) lists Oakland on the U.S. schedule for Aug. 23-24, and that cancellations after the Rhodes accident "included" shows at Rose Bowl in L.A. (that would have been massive), Denver, KC, Louisville, New Orleans, Tempe, Atlanta.

Any info on additional U.S. sites that were on the itinerary, or where the October, November, and December shows would have been?

I love the '75 soundboards, and I can only imagine how stellar these shows would have been. :tears:

Makes me wonder if "Achilles" would have emerged without the accident (i.e., would the tour have prevented the genesis of that tune?). Things that keep you up at night (not really).

• Administrators

I posted this earlier in another thread:

There was also a date announced for Sept. 9th @ University of Oklahoma / Lloyd Noble Center.

This might be a previously unknown date? I have some press about this show.

...there were 33 North American dates cancelled...Peter Grant was also booking a return to Scandanavia (Uusi Messuhalli in Helsinki on 11/5 the only confirmed date thus far)....there was tentative talk (but nothing confirmed) for South America in the Autumn...

I've already discussed all of this here before so the search function may reveal further details.

Archived