TSRTS Coming to Theatre Near You Nov. 27th ! !

The Rover

What a way to see it for the first time! I'm one of the young'uns, so sitting at home on the couch one evening after Christmas was how I was introduced to the greatness that is TSRTS...

I'll have to agree with you. I was absolutely reeling when it was through. I was incredibly disappointed with the turnout...maybe 25-30 people showed. Day Tripper and I got our tickets A WEEK in advance, and we got there about 45 minutes early because we wanted good seats. Well, we had the pick of the place, because I think there were maybe five people scattered about the theater at that point. It sounded SPECTACULAR! Luckily, it was loud enough that nobody around could hear my terrible singing :lol: Or my professions of love for Jimmy :rolleyes: It was by far the most fun I've had in a movie theater...people were cheering at the end of each song, air drumming, etc. It was great, even if the guy behind me was telling another guy he was with that Jimmy uses a bow with the double neck in Dazed and Confused :blink:

I went to see a Quad showing of TSRTS the day it opened in Liverpool (UK) on 10 Nov 1976 (give or take a day) The first showing was about 2pm, so i got there about 1pm thinking that there was bound to be quite a queue..... Ha! There was no more than half a dozen people there and not that many more inside the cinema when the film started. So i could sit more or less wherever i wanted. Because of the Quad sound that was a big bonus.........or was it ? Well no i must have moved seats 4 or 5 times trying to find a sweet spot all to no avail. The cinemas speaker system was absolute shite, it just could not do the film justice it was a big big let down....but hey that was then and this is now and we now have the simply stunning 5.1 mix on the DVD. Only been waiting 31 years to here it like this and man, i tell ya........ it was well worth the wait.

Archived