What is the TRUE meaning of Zoso?

PlantOneOnMe

Ok, just to put this to bed. It is ZOFO not ZOSO. How do I know? When I was 17 back in 1981, me and a couple of friends waited to him outside his JP’s house in Windsor. He cane out and chatted with us for about an hour. I asked him and he said Zofo. I asked what it meant and he said nothing really, it’s just a doodle he did

13 hours ago, Gravy said:

Ok, just to put this to bed. It is ZOFO not ZOSO. How do I know? When I was 17 back in 1981, me and a couple of friends waited to him outside his JP’s house in Windsor. He cane out and chatted with us for about an hour. I asked him and he said Zofo. I asked what it meant and he said nothing really, it’s just a doodle he did

clown.jpg.ea74b62617c52a42553ab0292c4bb855.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2018 at 5:19 AM, AussieOzzieZeppfan said:

I'd like to know both the meaning&reason Bonham chose the 3 interlocking rings symbols?. 

Robert is quoted as saying “.....I suppose it’s the Trilogy-man,woman and child. I suspect it had something to do with the mainstay of all people’s belief. At one point though-in Pittsburg, I think-we observed it was also the emblem for Ballantine beer “

The symbol is not created by JP, it isn't a word, it is made up of three symbols...  the Z, the Oso, and the underline attached to the Z.

Its a symbol that is made up of Astrological and alchemical correspondences relating to JP's birthsign. 

Although it is three symbols it has been put together along time ago.... the earliest I have seen is in a table of astrological, alchemical correspondences in a French occult book from the 16th century.

Its nothing complicated or mysterious but JP obviously played on the aura and mythology that grew up around the symbols, particularly his. If you think back to when the album came out and how long it was before we had access to the internet, it was very easy to maintain the mystery, and it was practically impossible to look it up. All part of the Zep aura.  

6 hours ago, Victor said:

Its nothing complicated or mysterious but JP obviously played on the aura and mythology that grew up around the symbols, particularly his. If you think back to when the album came out and how long it was before we had access to the internet, it was very easy to maintain the mystery, and it was practically impossible to look it up. All part of the Zep aura.  

Exactly right, I should think. Too much has been made of this over the years and I’m sure Jimmy is somewhat embarrassed by the whole thing now -although he would of course never admit it. 

On 8/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, Victor said:

Heres a few pics that may be of interest....

dumas.jpg.a39e9173c38b73871b36f0628889fb61.jpggrimoires.jpg.35538d19317c83a41ad4604ae0b892e3.jpgjpjjbsigils.jpg.adedd7a37e6a27fb3c6e08ce2ab5e59d.jpgoo-iii-p-313a.jpg.dc72417c677b7669fd79cb2f0feff8af.jpgledragonrouge.jpg.7c7ae303a81f14a6c254ce3230fe1377.jpgledragontitle.jpg.10b5bd1c70a6215115c2ef41687ada14.jpgledragontitle.jpg.10b5bd1c70a6215115c2ef41687ada14.jpgsandydennysigil.jpg.37f7c150305dd8447109717c4ca3c996.jpgtvi_031.jpg.761f50b92483bb980df2acaed94356cf.jpg

Well there it is,clear as daylight on Page 31 of whatever book that is -mystery solved then. JP just lifted it straight out pretty much exactly as it is -good work Victor !

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2007 at 9:24 AM, SteveAJones said:

Jimmy has never explained the meaning in detail. Even so, it has been solved by other scholars. Perhaps someone will repost it to this site sometime.

for those that are doing their best to try and figure out the true meaning of ZOSO,i can shed a little light,or should i say a little darkness on this matter!! " the name "ZOSO" is enscribed on the dagger of the "DARK ONE",in further detail the dark one is none other than " rumplestilskin" in  medieval lore!!!

This was my avatar at Dime for years.  I always thought the symbol represented Jimmy's birthday as it's the most important day in his life.  Saturn is his planet and on the day he was born Saturn and Mercury were in some kind of astrological alignment which is why it's in the background.  I guess the 2 circles with the line between them could represent that alignment and The Z being Saturn and s Mercury? IDK but the pic was inspired by the old bootlegs with Jimmy pasted over some planet or in space.

wmi42.jpg%20

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, hummingbird69 said:

This was my avatar at Dime for years.  I always thought the symbol represented Jimmy's birthday as it's the most important day in his life.  Saturn is his planet and on the day he was born Saturn and Mercury were in some kind of astrological alignment which is why it's in the background.  I guess the 2 circles with the line between them could represent that alignment and The Z being Saturn and s Mercury? IDK but the pic was inspired by the old bootlegs with Jimmy pasted over some planet or in space.

wmi42.jpg%20

Saturn jimmy crop22.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, AussieOzzieZeppfan said:

I'd like to know both the meaning&reason Bonham chose the 3 interlocking rings symbols?. 

Another reason, I'm JUST GUESSING HERE, that it looks somewhat like a Drum Set from view at drum seat?

:drumz:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course, I went for the visual and completely forgot about the most obvious, Musical Genius.  Foresight to take one step at a time ended up offering the most interesting, ground breaking, and sumptuous musical sound journey that is as fresh today as when it was originally presented.  Thank You Jimmy Page!

• 1 year later...

Zoso refers to Cerberuus (Latin) the guardian of the gates of hell the black dog. It is one of the many names the guardian has. He does not however attack souls from entering but only shades or soured souls from leaving.To face Cerberuus one must rid himself of fear. Then command the entity to sit. After he has sat he will ask who you are to command him, and will warn if you answer wrong his patience is tested,and he will devour your soul essence and you will be destroyed your essence and energy will cease to exist. Do not answer. Walk to him and present your hand to each nose starting from left to right pausing long enough for him to sniff you. He will then say that you smell of shade and that death has touched you. Take the blessed vial of breath and inhale. -Note- breath must be the first breath of a newborn. Blow into each nostril. Form its symbol with the devine hand an speak, "I know thy name and purpose, answer true or devour thyself be a shade. Answer truthfully i bind thee am i in the records of thy memory servant?" This will enrage Zoso and he will speak his names he has come to be through time. Pick one and without fear command in him to begone to gnaw on his chains. Next you must have absolutely no fear. You must dismiss him amd simply walk past. This will confuse him an he will ask again who you are. Do not answer. Do not turn around as he commands. Only say "i am not you,an you will never be me." Repeat if necessary. Return to the gateway to the river. -O lux in Libro scientia Arcanum Mortis 3:54-

• 1 year later...

Zoso is a stairway heaven symbol ...it means Saved , just look it up in Greek . .....Devil symbol?  , where are in earth did you get that info , Religious people DO NOT KNOW what they're talking about  .....Stairway to heaven album with 4 symbols that's present Heaven Duh!.........