What is the TRUE meaning of Zoso?

PlantOneOnMe

This is the site most people have referenced in the past. Hope this helps:

http://www.inthelight.co.nz/ledzep/zososymbol.htm

:thumbsup:

I went to the web site and the explination meant crap to me. If someone could explain it in lymans terms that would be good. Am I the only one having trouble with it?

• 3 weeks later...
I hope that if Jimmy has a look at some of these postings he has a good laugh :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Yeah, it's really fun! :D

I've also tried to decode the word, but understand that it can mean everything.

For example, "Z" may be Zeppelin.

The real meaning of the word Zoso can be explained only by Jimmy.

Yeah, it's really fun! :D

I've also tried to decode the word, but understand that it can mean everything.

For example, "Z" may be Zeppelin.

The real meaning of the word Zoso can be explained only by Jimmy.

Guess you missed my post. It's not a word, it's a sigil. They aren't letters. The "Z" is a modified Capricorn symbol...look, just go back a few posts and read what I wrote. Not only Jimmy can explain. Some of us have studied Thelema and Crowley as well as astrology, runes and the purpose of such sigils. I've been doing so for 25 years.

Why can't some people just say "Oh, so that's it!" and be satisfied?

Guess you missed my post. It's not a word, it's a sigil. They aren't letters. The "Z" is a modified Capricorn symbol...look, just go back a few posts and read what I wrote. Not only Jimmy can explain. Some of us have studied Thelema and Crowley as well as astrology, runes and the purpose of such sigils. I've been doing so for 25 years.

Why can't some people just say "Oh, so that's it!" and be satisfied?

:) hehe!!! this conversation never ends, ha?

• 2 weeks later...
:) hehe!!! this conversation never ends, ha?

Not in all the years I've been on the Zeppelin boards! :lol:

Some people would rather it remain a mystery it seems, and I can appreciate that, I suppose. It would be nice however if they at least acknowledged that the question was answered instead of rolling right over one's posts as if they never happened. Otherwise why post at all? I'm 41 years old, and while I have no delusions of grandeur, I do know my Zeppelin. It gets depressing to be ignored (not meaning you of course).

Edited by Evster2012

ZOSO?

I know what it means..

Jen

Thanks for the clarification. Your contribution and complete disregard for all that's been said above is duly noted.

God, why do I bother? :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for making my point so crystal clear.

Edited by Evster2012

Your welcome hat boy. I will disregard you any time you care to presume?

Jen

"Presume"?

I've already explained "Zoso" and Thelema and Crowley, it's purpose and use in ritual magick, et al. Why roll right over all that? It's a conversation, right? Excuse me if I find it rude to just ignore what others have already brought to the table. So you "know". Fabulous. So do I. I'm well impressed with your ability to say.....nothing about it at all. Thanks for sharing...uh...nothing.

By the way. Hat boy? Hey boob girl, it's "you're" not "your".

Sorry, but you left that door wide open.

Please feel free to disregard me now.

Have a nice day. :wave:

Thanks for the clarification. Your contribution and complete disregard for all that's been said above is duly noted.

God, why do I bother? :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for making my point so crystal clear.

I do believe it's sort of esoteric symbology for red dragon though which could be interpreted in many ways. I have also heard it has something to do with very very HOT. I would imagine Page or Watson would be the ones to ask. And Duncan would rather sell you the book>>>

Jen

"Presume"?

I've already explained "Zoso" and Thelema and Crowley, it's purpose and use in ritual magick, et al. Why roll right over all that? It's a conversation, right? Excuse me if I find it rude to just ignore what others have already brought to the table. So you "know". Fabulous. So do I. I'm well impressed with your ability to say.....nothing about it at all. Thanks for sharing...uh...nothing.

By the way. Hat boy? Hey boob girl, it's "you're" not "your".

Sorry, but you left that door wide open.

Please feel free to disregard me now.

Have a nice day. :wave:

Boobies and hats. That's good...

Where did that beer go you gulp all at once, then it would be like the song "Titties And Beer" eh?

Jen

Boobies and hats. That's good...

Where did that beer go you gulp all at once, then it would be like the song "Titties And Beer" eh?

Jen

Love Zappa! Sadly, there's a limit on the size of avatars on this new forum, otherwise I'd be downing the eternal pint, lol!

I see you have 29 Palms and Semper Fi in your sig. Is your man deployed? God bless 'em! :beer:

Love Zappa! Sadly, there's a limit on the size of avatars on this new forum, otherwise I'd be downing the eternal pint, lol!

I see you have 29 Palms and Semper Fi in your sig. Is your man deployed? God bless 'em! :beer:

Hi,

I am a Marine, my father was a Marine, my brothers are Marines... :rolleyes:

Does that help any?

Jen

"If you need something destroyed OVERNIGHT, get a Marine." B)

• 3 weeks later...

I found a site that said all of the means of the symbols i don't know what the "www." is but i just typed in "four symbols in google" and found the explanation.

it has somethingto do with his star sign which is capricorn and saturn.

but according to jimmy it means "we're frying tonight"

Edited by Jimmy's A Legend

Now that's some interesting shit, Ev!! Thanks for posting (and reposting) the info on Thelema.

Don't feel bad that people ask the same question over and over again. I read your posts earlier today, and by the time I got home from work I had to reread them. It may be simple to you as you appear to be a serious theologian, but the many religions and philosophical doctrines are too complex for me to retain all but the most basic principles. Your knowledge is impressive!

That 'Z' looking thing is supposed to be the symbol for Saturn, which symbolises Capicorn, Jimmy's birth symbol. He also said it was a symbol which could be found in any standard occult symbols dictionary, which actually isn't the case <_<

But I personally have seen the symbol in writing before, in a NON Zeppelin related topic. It was in a picture of some old sheet of paper with heaps of symbols all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pics courtesy of inthelight.com:

The Red Dragon. Also called the Grand Grimoire. 1850 reprint of a 1521 text.

ledragonrouge.jpg

ledragontitle.jpg

To quote Arthur Edward Waite of the Order of the Golden dawn and founder of Thr Rosicrucians:

The Grand Grimoire is a black magic grimoire that claims to date back to 1522. It is widely suspected that it was written some time in the 19th century. It was ostensibly published in Cairo by a person known as Alibek the Egyptian. Also known as "The Red Dragon", this book contains instructions purported to summon Lucifer or Lucifuge Rofocale for the purpose of forming a pact. Sections of it are found in Waite's Book of Ceremonial Magic and in Hyatt and Black's Pacts with the Devil.

The book is called "Le Veritable Dragon Rouge" ("The True Red Dragon") in Haiti, where it is revered among many practitioners of Vodou and Santeria.

The Grand Grimoire divides with the Grimoire of Honorius the darksome honour of an intelligible and unmutilated Ritual of Black Magic. Each after its own kind is indeed an exceedingly curious work. In the first is contained what is probably the only printed method of making pacts; the second is remarkable, firstly, on account of its pretended origin and the elaboration with which it is set forth, secondly, for the ecclesiastical complexion of its process, which can scarcely have failed to impose upon some credulous and priestly sorcerers of the illiterate kind, and assuming their willingness to disgrace the vows of ordination.

It will be remembered that the operator, or Karcist, as he is termed in the Grand Grimoire, is recommended continence, fasting and similar privations for an entire quarter of the moon, such quarter coinciding with that of the luminary. On the morning which scucceeds the first night of the quarter, he must repair to a druggist's, and purchase a blood-stone, called Ematille (id est, Haematites), which must be carried continually about him for fear of accident, and in expectation that the spirit whom it is proposed to compel and bind will henceforth do all in his power to overwhelm the operator with terror, so as to incite him to abandon the enterprise, hoping in this manner to escape from the wiles which are beginning to be woven about him.

The Grand Grimoire is the most fantastic of the cycle and is introduced with great pomp by its pretended editor, Antonio Venitiana del Rabina, a personage whose name indicates the Italian origin of the work. By reason of its rarity and the great request in which it is, we are informed that it must be regarded as the veritable Magnum Opus -- a view which may appear inconsequential, but for which the authority of Rabbinical writers is cited. It is to these authors that we owe the priceless treasure which innumerable charlatans have endeavoured to counterfeit, but have never succeeded in discovering. The copy made use of by Antonio in preparing his edition was transcribed from the genuine writing of the mighty King Solomon, which were obtained by pure chance...

The Grand Grimore is regarded as one of the most atrocious of its class; it has a process in Necromancy which is possible, say some occult writers; in the genialty of a lucid interval -- only to a dangerous maniac or an irreclaimable criminal... Eliphas Levi says that it pretends to confer the Power of Projection, the great Mystery of the Sages...

There is, of course, no question that the Grand Grimoire is a book of Black Magic, and it is contrary to the nature of things that a book of Black Magic should be otherwise than diabolical... The first part of the Grand Grimore, like the Grimoriusm Verum, is simply a process for the evocation of evil spirits to obtain the enorced surrender of hidden treasure. In the second part the magician is certainly expected to give himself, body and soul, to the demon who serves him meanwhile, and there can be no hesitation in admitting that this creates a sharp distinction, not only between the Grand Grimoire and all the Composite Rituals, but also between the Grand Grimorie and the other Liturgies of Black Magic. It is only a palliation to say that the compact is worded as a subterfuge, and in reality gives nothing to the demon, who here, as so frequently in folklore, is bamboozled, receiving the shadow in place of the substance."

-- A.E. Waite, "Of Black Magic and Of Pacts", from the Introduction to "The Grand Grimoire", Seattle: Trident Books, 1996.

Edited by Evster2012

He told Plant what it meant, but he forgot, apparently. (According to Robert Plant, that is)

This always makes me laugh, since one of the points of sigil is to conciously forget its meaning, and let the symbol work on the unconcious.

This always makes me laugh, since one of the points of sigil is to conciously forget its meaning, and let the symbol work on the unconcious.

I cannot say why Page chose that particular sigil, besides astrological connections, but I can say that in Thelemic ritual, it is your focal point. You choose a sigil, and it's what you meditate on during ritual practice. It's your ground, so to speak. What it represents to him personally, or why he chose it, only he can say.