What is the TRUE meaning of Zoso?

PlantOneOnMe

:blink: Not sure but I did once find a book wherein there are a lot of symbols the resemble the ZoSo symbol If you want a peek it tile is La Pullet Nior it's an out of print book, but I bet'cha if you do a google search you'll find it.. :blink: personally I think they were drunk at the time and just foolin' around...lol here's a link to the book, below. Have fun and enjoy...you might want to check out page 97 it starts there and there are more...Just my opinion for a possible explanation.

Visit My Book Link

00pagey7627487048vu4.jpg

No, it's ok thanks.

I understand what ZoSo means now. Genius - among other things.

I just wanted to do an image that combined all of the 4th album artwork together plus a few other symbols thrown in.

Eve Hill & Butterfield court are in my picture as well.

There's loads of hidden stuff included that's all started to make sense now.

The image I done is above but it still needs tidying up.

The image is also a clock. You just need to know the position of the orion stars to be able to use it. :)

I sure wish I could talk to Jimmy Page or Robert Plant about all of this. lol

Got a few questions I would like to ask.

Would also like to thank them for their hard work. Although.. keeping quiet was the hard part I guess. :D

Edited by +AЯΔPΩ-

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know what Zoso really means. Not someone's opinion, but Jimmy Page's explanation of it.

Does anyone know if he has revealed that info? I've done a search but can't find it coming from the horse's mouth (so to speak)

I don't think Jimmy'll ever tell us. But I think he got it from reading one of his Aliester Crowley spellbooks. :huh:

I don't think Jimmy'll ever tell us. But I think he got it from reading one of his Aliester Crowley spellbooks. :huh:

The oSo part is most definitely in Crowley's "Equinox" assigned to represent Lucifer but that was probably Crowley's reinterpretation. Whether the entire symbol is in one of Crowley's notebooks or other Crowley effects that Jimmy owns the world may never know. The Z-ish looking swash was a common symbol for Capricorn, which Page happens to be. The entire symbol has been found in a 16th century book of alchemic symbols and things but no one's been able to cipher out what it was used for or what it meant. Jimmy may be one of the few people in the world who even knows.

I would like to know what Zoso really means. Not someone's opinion, but Jimmy Page's explanation of it.

Does anyone know if he has revealed that info? I've done a search but can't find it coming from the horse's mouth (so to speak)

the Z reprazense him his star sighn its different but he designed it ozo is 666 well what do u think page brought alisters house so mr crawley has played a big part in peoples lives and his to tell me what u think as well

the Z reprazense him his star sighn its different but he designed it ozo is 666 well what do u think page brought alisters house so mr crawley has played a big part in peoples lives and his to tell me what u think as well and i have herd its simpele ass a modern day 666

• 2 years later...

Without a doubt, I believe Page got ZOSO out a book. Though, I do believe Numerolgy plays a role here. Particulary with the word Zoso itself and the English language.

He got it out of an ancient grimoire, a magical textbook called "Le veritable dragon rouge"

Have a look for yourself, this is page number 91, of the French edition from 1521.

The symbol repesents the spirits of Saturn.

img023.jpg

Edited by reswati

He got it out of an ancient grimoire, a magical textbook called "Le veritable dragon rouge"

Have a look for yourself, this is page number 91, of the French edition from 1521.

The symbol repesents the spirits of Saturn.

img023.jpg

Nice one reswati,

Cardan i think had this in his book also?

Z is for Capricorn,

oso is for Saturn,

i think.

Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

Yes I have and indeed you all have. I'm not aiming to insult. Obviously I have not read this great irony in this thread. But at the same time, I'm not trying to bust it wide open. Sorry, for offending you.

No offence, just confusion, and no need for apologies, but thanks as that's polite xx

• 1 year later...

Before they got the Starship, it has been intimated, the band had brooms they used to fly on from one concert to another. Zoso was the engine.

SAJ- your post re Robert's forgetting what Zoso meant was hilarious. Like Tyedye, I snorted.

Edited by pottedplant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Zoso is not a word but rather, a symbol. The original symbol was used by Cardano in 1557, which he used as the magickal sigil for saturn, the planet that rules capricorn, Jimmy Page's Sign. Jimmy took this sybol and changed parts of it. The true meaning is one only known to him. In short it is an adapted occult symbol..
It is not a word. Therfore an example is pretty damn impossible..

So for all I know this could be a made up quote but

You may not believe this, but Pagey once took me aside and said ‘Look, I’m going to tell you the meaning of this once, and then I shan’t ever mention it again—or at least, not for a long, long time anyway.’ And would you believe that I have since forgotten what it was, and now Pagey won’t tell me- Robert Plant on the Zoso symbol

so as far as I know Robert is the only person who has ever been told.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i read about it in a book that day, it was about interpreting led zeppelin's symbols... and zoso means 666... well the ( oso ) alone with that small line connecting the two O's is a symbol of the devil... and the ( Z ) with that small symbol underneath it also has something to do with the devil...

Could you link a source? text or documentary? I'm close to finding out what the deal is, it's in the book of law by Aleister Crowley mostly on all Thelema but just to be sharp.

Here is a mail I wrote last month to someone who asked me my opinion on the meaning of Jimmy's symbol. I don't know what it really means for him but I found interesting elements. I based this on various sources and personal researches. I hope this will help you. ;)

Here we go!

ZoSo is the symbol of Saturn according to Cardan and a frenchman (in Le Dragon Rouge, The Red Dragon in english) in the XVIth century. I couldn't found Le Dragon Rouge but here's a picture:

ledragonrouge.jpg

And this is a screenshot of the Dictionary of Occult Hermetic Alchemical Sigils Symbols, which I downloaded. I can re-upload it if you want the full book. ;)

29bb22a440.JPG

Jimmy Page is Capricorn. Saturn is the dominant planet of Capricorn.

But also, the "Z" is Capricorn:

09ab6c223e.JPG

The "oSo" is a symbol for Mercury, and Mercury was in Capricorn when Jimmy was born (I'm not an expert but it has a meaning in astrology):

7c4b3ec3b6.JPG(found in the Dictionary of Occult Hermetic Alchemical Sigils Symbols too)

So, oSo in Z_ = Mercury in Capricorn. The bottom line seems to be a symbol for Cancer:

224e7da60e.JPG(still in the Dictionnary)

Cancer is the opposite symbole of Capricorn, and it also has a meaning in astrology matters.

Here is the astrological theme of Jimmy:

df2af00018.JPG

It is also interessant to see the symbols Jimmy have on his dragon suit...

Edited by Dano59

• 1 month later...