Jack White joined by Robert Plant in Argentina

FunkyPhantom

I've read interview long time ago in which Jack said that Robert was his least favourite thing about LZ(or something like that), Jack's voice was often compared to Robert's. I wonder if he meant what he said then or was he just angered by constant comparisons and wanted to cut them off. He is LZ fan so even if he doesn't think Robert's singing is that great he sounds similar to Robert sometimes (but it's kinda subjective, song like "I just don't know what to do with myself" e.g.). He could also performed with Robert for fans because it was long speculated or maybe he changed his mind over the years. In my opinion Robert sounded great and it was nice thing to do for fans.

Jack loves to play old blues songs, Robert loves to sing old blues songs, so they played an old blues song together - it's as simple as that! I thought it sounded great and am very happy that Robert was able to join Jack and his band on stage. Robert has already publicly stated he loves Jack's "buccaneer spirit" and wanted to do something with him. Maybe this is the beginning of a budding musical relationship?

Both Jack and Robert were obviously stoked about sharing the stage and a classic Zep song together.

Neither hit a proper note due to severe adrenaline flow!

Robert's voice was strained with a power and energy that we haven't seen since the Live Aid reunion.

If Jack White can do for Robert what he did for Loretta Lynn - watch out, there could be very exciting

days ahead!

The best part of that was Jack's guitar tone which was killer and I could've closed my eyes and thought it was 1969. Robert was enjoying himself but would've benefited from dropping the key a step because those notes just aren't there anymore. Could've done without the first minute of annoying pointless noise also.

Archived