Should HHYCID be included in the first album

Pb Derigable

Back when they made Vinyl records, the albums were limited to 45- 52 min long. since we are in the age of CD's in which you can include 78 min worth of songs. Would it be wrong to include Hey Hey What Should I Do, in Led Zeppelin 1, It was released as a B-side to GTBT in 1969. and if they had longer playing vinyls would they include it? I just imported all my Zeppelin CD's in my iphone and like to keep it unclutter. ( dont worry I used Apple Lossless to encode all at least 1000kbps, before it took up 723mb now it takes up 3.34gb with another 3.6gb going towards TSRTS and HTWWW videos)

The song is an outtake from Zeppelin III and yes, the B-side of the Immigrant Song. So no, it should not be included on any studio album. It's where it should be on the remastered box set -- on Coda.

Also, you know why there haven't been a lot of truly GREAT albums of late? Because there's so much filler because bands feel they have to fill that 80 minute limit on a CD or get close to it. Give me eight GREAT songs in which the sequence and juxtaposition matter any day.

Back when they made Vinyl records, the albums were limited to 45- 52 min long. since we are in the age of CD's in which you can include 78 min worth of songs. Would it be wrong to include Hey Hey What Should I Do, in Led Zeppelin 1, It was released as a B-side to GTBT in 1969. and if they had longer playing vinyls would they include it? I just imported all my Zeppelin CD's in my iphone and like to keep it unclutter. ( dont worry I used Apple Lossless to encode all at least 1000kbps, before it took up 723mb now it takes up 3.34gb with another 3.6gb going towards TSRTS and HTWWW videos)

I think albums are cultural statements.

I also think that the limitations of vinyl are encompassed in these statements.

I also tend to have a minor issue with mp3 players because the exclude part of the cultural statement. That is, it’s all about expediency and gigabyte capacity.

I'm not that old but too me, people these days are placing less value in the visceral elements of music, i.e. album covers, vinyl, epoch etc.

Apple are making sqillions by turning kids into lemmings and insulating them from the outside world.

ahhh....I feel better now.

Yes, i cant believe i made that mistake. It was the b-side to the Immigrant Song. still if they could've include it would they. They do make mention that it is part of coda in the Led Zeppelin complete, but it wasn't included. A lot of the the albums from other artist do include either or a never previously released song, a live song, or even a alternate take. Pet sounds by the Beach Boys and Kind of Blue by Miles Davis both have it and both are recognized as one of the best albums of all time.

Yes, i cant believe i made that mistake. It was the b-side to the Immigrant Song. still if they could've include it would they. They do make mention that it is part of coda in the Led Zeppelin complete, but it wasn't included.
It, along with Traveling Riverside Blues is added to the Coda disc in the Complete Studio Sessions box set.

and as far as all the bands adding outtakes/alternate takes on current re-releases of albums....like the Yes Catelog, etc... That's just simple marketing to get you to buy the whole damn catelog....again!!! When it's all said and done, I probably will have purchased 3-4 versions of all my favorite bands catelogs. All the while, my original lp's still look the coolest, and more often then not sound the best.

^^I agree Solar.....new cd's w/ 15+ tunes???? :blink: Give me 7-10...depending on song lengths.

Archived